Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
06-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
There is no eye witness accounts documented, you can't provide any besides the Bible, which is a historical muck-up.

The gospels came way later, by means of about 40 years; why the halt in history?

I'm not saying scholars and scribes didn't take their work seriously, how could you insinuate me saying that?

If we don't literally have the accounts, we can't make any sort of analysis of the documents.
Ok if you put it that way then why do you believe anything? It's all just crap made up that people write in weird books I guess then. The Bible is a LEGIT historical manusscirpt, it's not like it was some scribbling of an 11 year old.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
06-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Ok if you put it that way then why do you believe anything? It's all just crap made up that people write in weird books I guess then. The Bible is a LEGIT historical manusscirpt, it's not like it was some scribbling of an 11 year old.
The document's historical significance and timeline doesn't fit soundly, you even said yourself the lack of literalism in the Bible apparently; therefore putting the actual events in jeopardy of scrutiny.

That's a completely irrelevant analogy, I believe certain documents becuase they are documented well, and they have proof.
GiDeoN
ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
Subtract from GiDeoN's ReputationAdd to GiDeoN's Reputation GiDeoN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to GiDeoN
06-08-2008

According to my history book, Jesus does exist.
BUT none of his MIRACLES were proven.

Historians can prove he existed but cannot prove he was the son of god.
McDevy
Soshified
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
06-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretador22 View Post

Historians can try to prove he existed but cannot prove he was the son of god.
Historians differ at times, and this is an example of that.

The existence of Jesus isn't exactly supported 100%, and even so, it lends no credence to his suposed magnificence - he's just a random joe in history.
SubRandom
Level 12
Subtract from SubRandom's ReputationAdd to SubRandom's Reputation SubRandom is a novice
Send a message via ICQ to SubRandom Send a message via AIM to SubRandom Send a message via MSN to SubRandom
06-08-2008

Jesus was a real man. However, he wasn't the only Messiah running around in his lifetime. There were others.

It begins at about 6:03 (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXvnz-p6Lm8).

I personally don't like Penn and Teller, but Michael Shermer is the one telling you about these other guys.
Delay
Level 44
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
06-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretador22 View Post

Historians can prove he existed but cannot prove he was the son of god.

Actually the scriptures gives many incidents where Jesus heals the paralyzed, blind, mute, deaf, lame, etc. And there are also passages where it talks about him walking around for 40 days after he rose from the dead, and many people witnessed him on earth as he was doing so.

Oh, but The Bible isn't true. People just made all this up a long long time ago, I mean, how can someone raise from the dead? I can't believe when people say he never existed. Sure, you don't have to believe he was God, although he was, but he did exist.

I don't believe George Washington was all he cracked up to be. I mean, come on, I never saw him. People who tell me he chopped down his dad's cherry tree, haha! no way! no kid would have that courage. Yeah that's not true. He was never president either, just a smart man maybe I suppose. And whoever says he's 6'4", give me a break!

Yeah, I don't even know if he ever existed actually. I mean who can trust American history books? They aren't documented well.
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
06-09-2008

Quote:
Actually the scriptures gives many incidents where Jesus heals the paralyzed, blind, mute, deaf, lame, etc. And there are also passages where it talks about him walking around for 40 days after he rose from the dead, and many people witnessed him on earth as he was doing so.

Oh, but The Bible isn't true. People just made all this up a long long time ago, I mean, how can someone raise from the dead? I can't believe when people say he never existed. Sure, you don't have to believe he was God, although he was, but he did exist.

I don't believe George Washington was all he cracked up to be. I mean, come on, I never saw him. People who tell me he chopped down his dad's cherry tree, haha! no way! no kid would have that courage. Yeah that's not true. He was never president either, just a smart man maybe I suppose. And whoever says he's 6'4", give me a break!

Yeah, I don't even know if he ever existed actually. I mean who can trust American history books? They aren't documented well.
What makes a person want a omniscient homophobe to exist.

You guys are a bunch of a.sholes.

"I wanna eat chicken burgers"

Delay
Level 44
06-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
What makes a person want a omniscient homophobe to exist.

You guys are a bunch of a.sholes.

"I wanna eat chicken burgers"

Seriously! Good thing an omniscient homophobe doesn't exist, I don't think anyone would want that.
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
06-09-2008

Quote:
Seriously! Good thing an omniscient homophobe doesn't exist, I don't think anyone would want that.
Theres this book called the bible.

check it out sometime if you want a good laugh.

Come on anyway Allah is totally God

You think people be flyin into buildings for nothing?
Delay
Level 44
06-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
Theres this book called the bible.

check it out sometime if you want a good laugh.

Come on anyway Allah is totally God

You think people be flyin into buildings for nothing?
So you believe in Islam?