Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Wowee 22
I'm not European.
Wowee 22's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: U of K.
Posts: 4,107
Subtract from Wowee 22's ReputationAdd to Wowee 22's Reputation Wowee 22 is a novice
#91
06-20-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler Vant View Post
But, being the semi-nice guy I am, here is a list of stupid f..king forums for your stupid f..king religion.


I know Delay's ignorance is frustrating, but you just proved his pathetic point about blatant lashing out towards religion that happens on this forum.



Explore. Discover. Understand.







McDevy
Soshified
McDevy's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Skag Gully
Posts: 10,941
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
#92
06-20-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowee 22 View Post


I know Delay's ignorance is frustrating, but you just proved his pathetic point about blatant lashing out towards religion that happens on this forum.

Not really, it was provoked basically.

Has he not been annoying the past few pages?
J3wPaaaaC
In a black hole
J3wPaaaaC's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cygnus X-1
Posts: 4,908
Subtract from J3wPaaaaC's ReputationAdd to J3wPaaaaC's Reputation J3wPaaaaC is a novice
Send a message via AIM to J3wPaaaaC
#93
06-20-2008
Default

It kinda makes me sad to know one day he'll have children.
Skyler Vant
Level 20
Skyler Vant's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: A Barn.
Posts: 543
Subtract from Skyler Vant's ReputationAdd to Skyler Vant's Reputation Skyler Vant is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Skyler Vant
#94
06-20-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowee 22 View Post


I know Delay's ignorance is frustrating, but you just proved his pathetic point about blatant lashing out towards religion that happens on this forum.

I do apologize for my bluntness. But I don't apologize from his innate ability to destroy what little patience and tolerance I have.
Publik Uprising
Level 25
Publik Uprising's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: StL
Posts: 864
Subtract from Publik Uprising's ReputationAdd to Publik Uprising's Reputation Publik Uprising is a novice
#95
06-21-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowee 22 View Post


I know Delay's ignorance is frustrating, but you just proved his pathetic point about blatant lashing out towards religion that happens on this forum.


Well now, that really depends on whether he can comprehend the insult or not.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#96
06-24-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
You've evaded substantially answering that question for awhile now; you've evaded every single one of my refutes. What the hell, you want to talk about etiquette.
So as sC DeLAy mentioned, it's a never-ending cycle... What seems to hold water for those against Christianity or religion in general is really just subject matter/few valid opinions shrouded in harassment with quotations that get interpreted way out of context. Posts get worded and twisted around in such ways that they gear readers into thinking the person they are quoting is unintelligent and "blind". In defense, whomever it is that is taking the side of Scripture and/or religion is forced to re-gear that person's interpretation of their post rather than debating on the subject at hand. They are attacked in sly and sometimes obvious manners that stop the flow of the debate and take it off into tangents of their own.
McDevy
Soshified
McDevy's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Skag Gully
Posts: 10,941
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
#97
06-24-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
So as sC DeLAy mentioned, it's a never-ending cycle... What seems to hold water for those against Christianity or religion in general is really just subject matter/few valid opinions shrouded in harassment with quotations that get interpreted way out of context. Posts get worded and twisted around in such ways that they gear readers into thinking the person they are quoting is unintelligent and "blind". In defense, whomever it is that is taking the side of Scripture and/or religion is forced to re-gear that person's interpretation of their post rather than debating on the subject at hand. They are attacked in sly and sometimes obvious manners that stop the flow of the debate and take it off into tangents of their own.
No.

You hear me delay?

NO.
Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#98
06-24-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT IS FOLLY View Post
No.

You hear me delay?

NO.
Nice answer :P
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#99
06-24-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Nice answer :P
It's not twisting words; it's a deconstruction of your argument. The more individual segments that are separated and replied to, the more fallacious the argument was. Most often, your premises are attacked because affirming the consequent of any argument does not make it deductively valid. Other times it's just your bold claims that don't even have a premise and are just stand out conclusions you're stating.

There's good Christian debaters in this section, like Bishop. You're not one of them. You are an embarassment to Christianity, for you cannot rationally justify your beliefs.
Busy, busy, busy
McDevy
Soshified
McDevy's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Skag Gully
Posts: 10,941
Subtract from McDevy's ReputationAdd to McDevy's Reputation McDevy is a novice
#100
06-24-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
It's not twisting words; it's a deconstruction of your argument. The more individual segments that are separated and replied to, the more fallacious the argument was. Most often, your premises are attacked because affirming the consequent of any argument does not make it deductively valid. Other times it's just your bold claims that don't even have a premise and are just stand out conclusions you're stating.

There's good Christian debaters in this section, like Bishop. You're not one of them. You are an embarassment to Christianity, for you cannot rationally justify your beliefs.
Lol yeah, I acknowlege many great religious debaters.

What delay doesn't understand is that, to debate, one must break apart an argument into small segments to refute; somehow he interprets this as twisting words or whatever.

You lack premises on most of your claims, you simply pre-suppose everything - which is what religion does all the time: make a circlular argument of which can't be scrutinized or criticized; which goes against everything we do. We observe and communicate in this world through the laws of common debate to determine truth and evidence.

Why should a belief system or a "group" be any different?

It's intellectually unfair.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off