Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Sociable
Underage
Subtract from Sociable's ReputationAdd to Sociable's Reputation Sociable is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Sociable
05-29-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
It's sad really. Nearly every religion has started out "pure", but then become corrupted beyond belief and interpreted in different ways to acquire different goals (war, taxes, etc.).

But you would be surprised what power religion holds over people in certain poor areas. It keeps these people in check.
The creators of every "true" religion had good intentions but overlooked the power of stupid people in large groups. Or gained too much power and decided to be a God among men.

Just an idea
Brian_F
i
Subtract from Brian_F's ReputationAdd to Brian_F's Reputation Brian_F is on the rise to fame Brian_F is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Brian_F
05-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by General AI View Post
It's sad really. Nearly every religion has started out "pure", but then become corrupted beyond belief and interpreted in different ways to acquire different goals (war, taxes, etc.).

But you would be surprised what power religion holds over people in certain poor areas. It keeps these people in check.
Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah got any sources for this? I could really use them.
moose r smelly
fapping bbl lol
Subtract from moose r smelly's ReputationAdd to moose r smelly's Reputation moose r smelly is a novice
Send a message via AIM to moose r smelly
06-01-2008

Poor people tend to be more religious because it gives them hope. People that aren't prospering in this life and show no real signs of improving don't have much to hope for. Religion tells people that it doesn't matter what their economic status in this world is. In fact, poor people are favored.
wsup den
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
06-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death789 View Post
Yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah got any sources for this? I could really use them.

Are you seriously saying you don't know any place where religion has a stranglehold over people's everyday actions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.