Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
%BadKid
Level 29
Subtract from %BadKid's ReputationAdd to %BadKid's Reputation %BadKid is a novice
Send a message via MSN to %BadKid
05-28-2008
Default More poor people are religious than rich people.

I wish there was a statistic to back this up, but I'm sure it's true.
Anyway, PROVE ME WRONG.
Or, better yet - discuss.

XeNo
Level 29
Subtract from XeNo's ReputationAdd to XeNo's Reputation XeNo is a novice
05-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by %BadKid View Post
I wish there was a statistic to back this up, but I'm sure it's true.
Anyway, PROVE ME WRONG.
Or, better yet - discuss.
Well, technically, we can't prove you wrong since you aren't technically right in the first place due to lack of statistics.

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum

GT:PanicMeat-- For Halo 3 and COD4
Sociable
Underage
Subtract from Sociable's ReputationAdd to Sociable's Reputation Sociable is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Sociable
05-28-2008

Thats why Catholicism was so popular, duh

This whole religious hope is a way to bring in the crowds. People think, I have nothing, life will not be just super easy for me. If I take God as my savior I get to go to heaven and in the meantime I can do anything no matter how bad to scrape a living.
tom31deecc FTW
Level 32
Subtract from tom31deecc FTW's ReputationAdd to tom31deecc FTW's Reputation tom31deecc FTW is a novice
Send a message via AIM to tom31deecc FTW Send a message via MSN to tom31deecc FTW
05-28-2008

There are too many rich religious people for this to be true. I think there's probably slight correlation with IQ, but even that's iffy; my physics teacher is certainly above average intelligence and he is religious. It's mainly how you grew up.
MCem
Level 25
Subtract from MCem's ReputationAdd to MCem's Reputation MCem is a novice
05-28-2008

this is soooo true.
I Used to play HPC, now i play h3

Gt ---> MCem

My 1st h3 montage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanite View Post
Mcem: you, sir, are awesome.
talbyis1337
Level 30
Subtract from talbyis1337's ReputationAdd to talbyis1337's Reputation talbyis1337 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to talbyis1337
05-28-2008

i know from personal experience, it sure seems that more poor people are religious, but sure there is no way to prove it, nor any correlation that makes either group any more well off than the other

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
05-28-2008

There are statistics that indicate a correlation, "The survey finds a strong relationship between a country’s religiosity and its economic status. In poorer nations, religion remains central to the lives of individuals, while secular perspectives are more common in richer nations".

http://bahairants.com/correlation-of...study-454.html

http://friendlyatheist.com/2008/02/2...d-religiosity/
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
05-28-2008

On an unrelated note, I'd love to get an IQ test of the richest people in the country, of course that'll never happen.

Elmo <3
PM
1 authentic experience
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
05-28-2008

This is because money is from the devil, and he rewards people who don't believe in God.

/wat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
Here's the problem - I am not a means to the end of rape culture, I am the end. I am literally the termination of this whole ordeal.
here's the problem
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
05-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
There are statistics that indicate a correlation, "The survey finds a strong relationship between a country’s religiosity and its economic status. In poorer nations, religion remains central to the lives of individuals, while secular perspectives are more common in richer nations".

http://bahairants.com/correlation-of...study-454.html

http://friendlyatheist.com/2008/02/2...d-religiosity/
I believe it could work the other way around.

Wealthier nations are (mostly) comprised of generally intelligent people, therefore religions are not as needed.
However poorer nations are closer to their religion because it's a signal of hope for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.