Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
05-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultiman View Post
To you the bible does not constitute as evidence but to me it does and to each his own.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh the fallacies.
Brother Kania
Level 29
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
05-23-2008

Quote:
Its very simple. My beliefs come from the bible, that is my evidence. Purgatory is never mentioned in the bible therefore i do not believe in purgatory.

To you the bible does not constitute as evidence but to me it does and to each his own.
Catechism of the Catholic Church

13 Years of Catholic school has taught me so much, most of which I reject, but we had to know it for tests...
f.ck H2F.

You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08

Ultiman
Level 15
Subtract from Ultiman's ReputationAdd to Ultiman's Reputation Ultiman is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Ultiman
05-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im BigTigga H0 View Post
But you still passed judgment on the Catholics for their beliefs. I believe that's what my friend Kania was getting at.

Are you an educated person in Catholic beliefs that you know for a fact they 'pulled it out of their ass'? I'm guessing not. They probably have a book that says so. Seeing as I don't speak in tongues, I would not know what that book might say, so I can't say they 'pulled it out of their asses' or not.

When I told you that this section gets 'heated', I meant that educated flames will often occur. Not this kind of sh*t.

<3, butt Tigga.

Catholics have added an extraordinary amount of man made changes to christian doctrine. Yes they pulled it out of their ass. What book? There is only one book that governes christianity, the bible and there is no speak of purgatory in the bible.

The catholic church was the most corrupt, senister thing that occured during the middle ages. The leaders of the catholic church during that time did whatever they wanted. They had absolute power and that power corrupts absolutely.

This part of christian history causes me disgust and disgrace and in case you haven't noticed the catechism of the catholic church was written during the middle ages.
GT: U1timan

Last edited by Ultiman; 05-23-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Brother Kania
Level 29
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
05-23-2008

Quote:
Catholics have added an extraordinary amount of man made changes to christian doctrine. Yes they pulled it out of their ass. What book? There is only one book that governes christianity, the bible and there is no speak of purgatory in the bible.

The catholic church was the most corrupt, senister thing that occured during the middle ages. The leaders of the catholic church during that time did whatever they wanted. They had absolute power and that power corrupts absolutely.

This part of christian history causes me disgust and disgrace.
Your buddies were still a part of that. And technically, it was the Christian Church who did all that stuff you described, not the Catholic Church.

Edit: And the bible is FULL of stupid self-contradicting shit; I can't even begin to describe how stupid of a book it is...
f.ck H2F.

Quote:
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08

o AreS
Level 31
Subtract from o AreS's ReputationAdd to o AreS's Reputation o AreS is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via AIM to o AreS
05-23-2008

i think christianity is bogus
why would believing in jesus as ur savior make u go to heaven thats dumb
R.I.P Henshi we all at H3F will remember u

Ill be up up and away, up up and away. cuz in the end theyll judge me ne way...so watever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZN_CHICK3N View Post
o AreS is teh sexiest guy on H3F. No Doubt.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
05-23-2008

Quote:

This part of christian history causes me disgust and disgrace and in case you haven't noticed the catechism of the catholic church was written during the middle ages.
All of the christian doctrine is man-made.
Spoiler!
Ultiman
Level 15
Subtract from Ultiman's ReputationAdd to Ultiman's Reputation Ultiman is a novice
05-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Kania View Post
Your buddies were still a part of that. And technically, it was the Christian Church who did all that stuff you described, not the Catholic Church.
Please read this
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

Learn the history of europe. The roman catholic church was the central power for some time. Who said I had any buddies that lived 600 years ago?

You people are missing the point. I dont give a fuck if you think the christian bible is bullshit. I know that 99% if the people in this part of the forum already think that way. You think what you want I have no problem with that. The point is that the catholic church, whom follow the bible because they are a christian denomination, have completely corrupted it.

Last edited by Ultiman; 05-23-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Im BigTigga H0
Poe Wrote On Both...
Subtract from Im BigTigga H0's ReputationAdd to Im BigTigga H0's Reputation Im BigTigga H0 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Im BigTigga H0
05-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
All of the christian doctrine is man-made.
I hate it when you beat me to things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultiman
Please read this

Learn the history of europe. The roman catholic church was the central power for some time. Who said I had any buddies that lived 600 years ago?
Am I not correct in saying that Roman Catholicism, Lutheranism, and all other forms of Christianity were the same thing at one point in time? And that they started splitting hairs in the last 1,000 years?

Am I right?

<3, secks Tigga.
GT :: Private Tigga
AIM :: BigTiggaPwnz

Ultiman
Level 15
05-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im BigTigga H0 View Post
I hate it when you beat me to things.

Am I not correct in saying that Roman Catholicism, Lutheranism, and all other forms of Christianity were the same thing at one point in time? And that they started splitting hairs in the last 1,000 years?

Am I right?

<3, secks Tigga.
Exactly. Im not trying to prove whether the bible is real or not. Thats impossible to do. Im just trying to point out how christianity is based soley and entirely on the teachings of the bible and how catholicism has greatly steered away from those teachings.

Think of it as if our government where to begin to deter away from the constitution (Not like it hasn't done so already) but extremely deter away.

Brother Kania
Level 29
05-23-2008

Quote:
Please read this

You people are missing the point. I dont give a f.ck if you think the christian bible is bullsh.t. I know that 99% if the people in this part of the forum already think that way. You think what you want I have no problem with that. The point is that the catholic church, whom follow the bible because they are a christian denomination, have completely corrupted it.
Technically, alterations had been made prior to any establishment of a central church.

Buddies = Protestants

Christianity = All of the Jews who believed Jesus to be their messiah.
It was all just Christians before the Protestant Reformation.
*Edit: Unless you want to count the Orthodox / Catholic schism.
f.ck H2F.

Quote:
Phillies '08