Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Empty
Tempus Fugit
Subtract from Empty's ReputationAdd to Empty's Reputation Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000 Empty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Empty Send a message via Skype™ to Empty
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Did you just read God's Debris or something?

It's not really a "better" question.
I haven't read anything.

I was just thinking and the question can God destroy himself came to mind.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyProduction View Post
I haven't read anything.

I was just thinking and the question can God destroy himself came to mind.
Read more, then think, then post.
Spoiler!
maphic
Level 27
Subtract from maphic's ReputationAdd to maphic's Reputation maphic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to maphic
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SticknYOU View Post
Ok i am not biased towards this answer in any way, its just one that i am confused by. So if a knowledgeable Christan could answer please.

Do you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to be granted access to heaven?

Thank you, and once this is answered will a mod please close.

Yes.
You have to accept lord Jesus Christ as your own personal savior.
Marines
The Few. The Proud.

GOOD NEWS OUT OF IRAQ/SAFE HAVEN

Brother Kania
Level 29
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
05-22-2008

So anyone want to answer my second statement?

(Particularly someone who thinks that acceptance of Jesus Christ is necessary to go to 'Heaven')
f.ck H2F.

You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Read more, then think, then post.
No. Read more, think, then think more, then post.
Busy, busy, busy
T for ToXiC
Level 31
Subtract from T for ToXiC's ReputationAdd to T for ToXiC's Reputation T for ToXiC is a novice
Send a message via AIM to T for ToXiC
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SticknYOU View Post
Ok i am not biased towards this answer in any way, its just one that i am confused by. So if a knowledgeable Christan could answer please.

Do you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior to be granted access to heaven?

Thank you, and once this is answered will a mod please close.

If you believe in Christianity, then you believe that Jesus Christ is your savior. There really is no decision to be made, that's the basis of Christianity. If you don't believe in Christianity's version of things, then you won't go to Christian heaven or hell. You can't go somewhere you don't believe in.
If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Kania View Post
So those who deny the existence of 'Christ' yet live by acceptable standards and live more morally than any other Christian still go to hell.
Exactly. You just proved my point.

You could be the greatest person on earth, but according to most christians, if you don't accept Christ, you will go to hell.

T for ToXiC
Level 31
Subtract from T for ToXiC's ReputationAdd to T for ToXiC's Reputation T for ToXiC is a novice
Send a message via AIM to T for ToXiC
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post
Exactly. You just proved my point.

You could be the greatest person on earth, but according to most christians, if you don't accept Christ, you will go to hell.
Those type of Christians are fuck tards. You go where you believe in and it doesn't matter what you believe in. As long as you believe in something, whether it be Christ or that you will trust and believe in your own experiences.
If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

Ultiman
Level 15
Subtract from Ultiman's ReputationAdd to Ultiman's Reputation Ultiman is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Ultiman
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Kania View Post
So those who deny the existence of 'Christ' yet live by acceptable standards and live more morally than any other Christian still go to hell.

My point still stands. It's an easily exploited flaw within Christianity (the dogma of believing in Jesus Christ)
Its a combination of things. One most accept jesus as his savior but just because u do that doesn't mean your getting a free ticket to heaven. Once you accept jesus you have to attempt to remain morally correct, follow in christs teachings, do good works and be an overall positive person. But you must do all of this with true intentions of good.
GT: U1timan

Brother Kania
Level 29
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
05-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultiman View Post
Its a combination of things. One most accept jesus as his savior but just because u do that doesn't mean your getting a free ticket to heaven. Once you accept jesus you have to attempt to remain morally correct, follow in christs teachings, do good works and be an overall positive person. But you must do all of this with true intentions of good.
Not necessarily. According to Christianity, if one is sorry for their actions, they will be forgiven.

I.E. - Child rapist/murder says, "I'm sorry." right before he's lethally injected and, by Christian standards, goes to 'Heaven' (or at least purgatory as Catholicism teaches in order to pay for the unpayed justice he still owes).

(Unrelated to the topic)
I don't think it's stupid to believe in a higher being, naturally as sentient beings we find comfort in something that is higher than us and can help us along the path we call life, but what I do find stupid is that we join religions that tell us what to do and how to think.

Theism itself, I don't think is stupid, its religion that just screws up the whole thing. If there is anyone that made us (yada yada yada...) then I don't think they give a shit whether we thank them or not, and more so that no religion can accurately show how they supposedly helped us.

All of that would have to contradict what we know and thereby go against logic, which is a big reason I'm not a theist, but I don't shut the door and put my fingers in my ears on the possibility of a mother-race, being, whatever.
(Back on topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T for ToXiC View Post
Those type of Christians are f.ck tards. You go where you believe in and it doesn't matter what you believe in. As long as you believe in something, whether it be Christ or that you will trust and believe in your own experiences.
It's good that you don't think that way. What about an atheist though who believes in nothing? (Or did you mean to include any belief whatsoever?)
f.ck H2F.

You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08

Last edited by Brother Kania; 05-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.