Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
I GaRbAg3 MaN I
Level 45
Subtract from I GaRbAg3 MaN I's ReputationAdd to I GaRbAg3 MaN I's Reputation I GaRbAg3 MaN I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I GaRbAg3 MaN I
11-16-2006
Default Gay Marriage is so Dumb!

Look don't get me wrong here, in no way am I a homo-phobe, or am I hear to jump on the gay bashing bandwagon. But are we all to blind to see the hypocrisies of what the gay community wants.

They want to be married by a document that specifically condemns gays.

Look take this into consideration most people will say Separation of Church and State,

In the United States, separation of church and state is sometimes believed to be in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and by legal precedents interpreting that clause, some being extremely controversial. The Establishment Clause states that, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" However, the U.S. Supreme Court decided that the Fourteenth Amendment (one of the Reconstruction Amendments) makes the Establishment Clause and other portions of the Bill of Rights binding on state and local governments as well, although it is arguable that this restriction on state and local government existed in Article VI of the unamended Constitution and that the Fourteenth Amendment was a clarification on the limitation of government power. Many other democratic governments around the world have similar clauses in their respective constitutions.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separat...urch_and_state)

K well with that in Mind, if both institutions are separated then yes the government should not be able to regulate the marriages of these people. But Marriage is based on the principles of Christianity. So therefore why should the Christian church have to change their beliefs for no reason at all. Gay people take a Civil Union and be fucking happy, its the same benefits.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
11-16-2006

1. Marriage is NOT based on Christianity. It predates Christianity by a LONGSHOT.

2. Gays don't want to be married in churches (and if they do, they're f'ing idiots). Gays want the same government benefits straight people get for marriage. It's either both or none.

Elmo <3
AlienatorAlex
Veni, vidi, vici
Subtract from AlienatorAlex's ReputationAdd to AlienatorAlex's Reputation AlienatorAlex is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AlienatorAlex
11-16-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon View Post
1. Marriage is NOT based on Christianity. It predates Christianity by a LONGSHOT.

2. Gays don't want to be married in churches (and if they do, they're f'ing idiots). Gays want the same government benefits straight people get for marriage. It's either both or none.
basically all there is to say.

Captain 67
Yarrrr
Subtract from Captain 67's ReputationAdd to Captain 67's Reputation Captain 67 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Captain 67
11-16-2006

Quote:

Quoted for genius.
:boat:
I GaRbAg3 MaN I
Level 45
Subtract from I GaRbAg3 MaN I's ReputationAdd to I GaRbAg3 MaN I's Reputation I GaRbAg3 MaN I is a novice
11-16-2006

Quote:

I hate you, so much for ruining this thread with that post and making me look dumb, but lets ad this one, if Civil-Unions are to become legal nationwide, then whats your opinions.
40oz Jesus
Level 33
Subtract from 40oz Jesus's ReputationAdd to 40oz Jesus's Reputation 40oz Jesus is a novice
Send a message via AIM to 40oz Jesus
11-16-2006

Quote:

get owned garbage man.
I GaRbAg3 MaN I
Level 45
11-17-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz Jesus View Post
get owned garbage man.
Eat me you homo I already admitted to him that I got owned read the thread you douchenozzle.
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
11-17-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by I GaRbAg3 MaN I View Post
Eat me you homo I already admitted to him that I got owned read the thread you douchenozzle.

Douchenozzle?

Civil unions should be legalized for and issued to all people that wish to have them. Governments should have no say in who you can and cannot unite with.
The "Marriage license" should be taken away from the government in exchange for a "Civil Union License"...which can be extended to any person who meets qualifications. (I don't really know what they are right now...to get a marriage license...but the man/woman ONLY thing should be taken out of there. If there are any more qualifications...they should still remain apart of the licensing process.)

I'm soooooooo stealing that from you

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
11-17-2006

Congratulations on being the 100th person to make a thread on this and the 99th person not to search for one prior to making it.

Congratulations on making the 1000th horrible post on it as well.

And now the thread is done.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621