Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
HSS Epic
Level 31
Subtract from HSS Epic's ReputationAdd to HSS Epic's Reputation HSS Epic is a novice
Send a message via AIM to HSS Epic Send a message via Yahoo to HSS Epic
12-08-2012
Default Input Lag on HDTV's and how to reduce it?

So ive been doing a ton of research and debating with my friends over my sony 32in tv (http://store.sony.com/p/KDL-32BX300/en/p/KDL32BX300) Its a couple years old and since moving to a new apartment and primarily playing pc games for months before h4's release ive been noticing my shot is wayyyy off. I used to play on component cables, then I switched to HDMI noticing my shots a bit better but not where it once was. I just switched back to component and my shots the best so far. My question is which input is the best? vga,component or hdmi? Im aware of game mode and video processing which effects the input lag. Ive also heard of audio processing effecting the lag.
Also does anyone know of a test to determine the lag?
GamerTag - Epik CB

My Teams clips and matches
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
12-08-2012

Just take an aluminum bat to your tv and buy a monitor. Problem solved.
Bias X
Level 15
Subtract from Bias X's ReputationAdd to Bias X's Reputation Bias X is a novice
12-08-2012

Put it in gaming mode?
HSS Epic
Level 31
Subtract from HSS Epic's ReputationAdd to HSS Epic's Reputation HSS Epic is a novice
12-08-2012

I have monitors and use them for the most part but when I sit down to play something besides halo its nice to have a large screen. Its in game mode as of now.
GamerTag - Epik CB

FinessE.
Level 28
Subtract from FinessE.'s ReputationAdd to FinessE.'s Reputation FinessE. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FinessE.
12-08-2012

Throw your component cables out the window, put your tv in its native resolution, and hook up hdmi or vga.
I don't know why you wouldn't just use your monitor.

HSS Epic
Level 31
12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinessE. View Post
Throw your component cables out the window, put your tv in its native resolution, and hook up hdmi or vga.
I don't know why you wouldn't just use your monitor.
Have done that, the native res is 1080p... I used it all through halo3 and reach and had zero problems with it vs people using monitors... For the most part when I play in tournaments or GBs I use my monitor. But as I said I like to use it to play lots of other games as well and the bigger screen is just better.
GamerTag - Epik CB

FinessE.
Level 28
Subtract from FinessE.'s ReputationAdd to FinessE.'s Reputation FinessE. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to FinessE.
12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSS Epic View Post
Have done that, the native res is 1080p... I used it all through halo3 and reach and had zero problems with it vs people using monitors... For the most part when I play in tournaments or GBs I use my monitor. But as I said I like to use it to play lots of other games as well and the bigger screen is just better.
??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-12-08 at 8.21.22 PM.jpg (13.0 KB, 19 views)

HSS Epic
Level 31
12-08-2012

God Damnit.
GamerTag - Epik CB