Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
G0DS_CREATION
Level 21
Subtract from G0DS_CREATION's ReputationAdd to G0DS_CREATION's Reputation G0DS_CREATION is a novice
Send a message via AIM to G0DS_CREATION
11-23-2012
Default SLI with 2 different gfx cards

i just bought a nvidia geforce gtx 460 and i have my old nvidia geforce 9800gt laying around. is it possible to set up SLI with 2 different cards? and if not i head you could designate one card to run your physics engine while the other handles the rest. does anyone have a guide on how to set either of thoes up?

Vitality
like whaaaaat
Subtract from Vitality's ReputationAdd to Vitality's Reputation Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Vitality wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
11-23-2012

no
Afraid
Level 35
Subtract from Afraid's ReputationAdd to Afraid's Reputation Afraid is legendary Afraid is legendary Afraid is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Afraid Send a message via MSN to Afraid
11-23-2012

why would you want to anyway? it's not like you'd see any performance upgrade from the single 460

Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
11-24-2012

SLI, No.

But you can set the 9800 for PhysX calculations. Go to the Configure SLI, Surround, PhsyX panel on your nvidia control panel and select the processor for PHYSX control. Though you might not see much benefit. THose are both rather aged cards in the grand scheme of things.