Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
Steggy
Spiderman/10
Subtract from Steggy's ReputationAdd to Steggy's Reputation Steggy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Steggy
10-04-2010
Default How to set up a dual boot screen?

Hey guys. So I had recently installed windows 7 on my computer only to realize that it wouldn't play nice with my wifi card, so I decided to reinstall windows xp. I decided to partition my harddrive in half and keep both OS's. So now I have my C drive as win7 and G as winxp. The only problem is that when I installed windows xp, it basically takes over the boot and automatically loads into it and i don't get any dual boot screen at startup. Does anyone know how I would go about getting the dual boot screen?
Useful Idiot
I know you want this body
Subtract from Useful Idiot's ReputationAdd to Useful Idiot's Reputation Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica Useful Idiot still downloads from Mythica
10-04-2010

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...dows-7-xp.html

Also, you should have a problem with your card. If it works with XP, it should work with 7. Try installing the drivers again.

'00 Electric Green GT:
SCT X3 Flashed, BBK CAI, BBK Headers, O/R X Pipe, Cat Delete, MagnaPacks, T-45 Trans, Ford Racing 4.10s, Eibach Sportline Springs, Black 18" Saleen Wheels, 275/35 NT555s, Xentec HIDs
Build List:
Slotted Brembos w/ Hawk HPS Pads & SS Lines
RVideo
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from RVideo's ReputationAdd to RVideo's Reputation RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000
10-05-2010

If you really want to keep both OS, you probably need to do a full reformat and repartition. In this order

(A) Reformat (full) and re-partition. Ideally you should zero out the Master Boot Record using a professional bootable partition manager, but this is optional.

(B) Install the newer OS first (Win7)

(C) Install the older OS second (XP)

The newer Windows Boot Manager usually cannot deal with a post-install partition re-allocation for a second OS.
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
10-05-2010

EasyBCD ftw.