Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming > Hardware & Software

Display Modes Thread Tools
QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
09-18-2010
Default Broken xbox question

the laser that reads my discs is broken, and i sent xbox a message, and they are stupid and told me its the disc, even though i used my brand new reach, no scratches, and about 10 other discs, so im curious, if i ship my xbox out, will they fix the laser, or do they just fix red ring xboxs? any sort of help would be nice, thanks
vetoL
FRENCH FRIES
Subtract from vetoL's ReputationAdd to vetoL's Reputation vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to vetoL Send a message via MSN to vetoL Send a message via Skype™ to vetoL
09-18-2010

Happened to me when MW2 came out but it fixed itself somehow.. I would just keep closing/opening my xbox tray and waiting like 30 sec between each timesand it would work after 5 minutes or so. Try it, you have nothing to lose.
vetoL
FRENCH FRIES
Subtract from vetoL's ReputationAdd to vetoL's Reputation vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica vetoL still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to vetoL Send a message via MSN to vetoL Send a message via Skype™ to vetoL
09-18-2010

btw, this should get move to xbox console section.
zz S y n T a X
Level 30
Subtract from zz S y n T a X's ReputationAdd to zz S y n T a X's Reputation zz S y n T a X is a novice
Send a message via AIM to zz S y n T a X
09-18-2010

They'll fix your laser but it'll cost you $99 unless it's still under the regular warranty. MS extends the warranty only for RROD and e74 errors. Otherwise you're on your own.

QuiGz
Kaze Ni Nare
Subtract from QuiGz's ReputationAdd to QuiGz's Reputation QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000 QuiGz IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to QuiGz Send a message via Skype™ to QuiGz
09-18-2010

well, good thing i still have the warranty, thanks a bunch
Invisible
uber n00b (level 36)
Subtract from Invisible's ReputationAdd to Invisible's Reputation Invisible is on the rise to fame Invisible is on the rise to fame
09-18-2010

Or you could just attempt to recalibrate the pot, but that would void your warranty of course. But it's free if it works.