Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
03-21-2013

I wouldn't play it.

The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitplague View Post
I wouldn't play it.
And nobody would care. I'll see you faggots in a couple years time, when you're all eating my shit up and liking it. This idea is simply genius beyond your limited Halo scope, I don't blame you for not knowing what you want, so I pity you.

And you're a piece of shit.
fustrun
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from fustrun's ReputationAdd to fustrun's Reputation fustrun is a novice
03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitszy View Post
Dexter played halo 3 on pc already in the third season.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-djDZaw454T...17xlo1_400.jpg
Kantanomo
Level 22
Subtract from Kantanomo's ReputationAdd to Kantanomo's Reputation Kantanomo is on the rise to fame Kantanomo is on the rise to fame
Send a message via MSN to Kantanomo Send a message via Skype™ to Kantanomo
03-21-2013

Makes me wish i was a serial killer....

OBVIOUSLY I SIT HERE CHANGING MY SIG EVERY 5 SECONDS

Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicktistiK View Post
And nobody would care. I'll see you faggots in a couple years time, when you're all eating my shit up and liking it. This idea is simply genius beyond your limited Halo scope, I don't blame you for not knowing what you want, so I pity you.

And you're a piece of shit.
I'd pity you if this wasn't a joke. So I'll assume it was.

I have zero remarks on your singeplayer narrative. It would make for a great scene.

However, your whole multiplayer idea is a generic thing I've seen regurgitated several times over the internet, so it kind of cracks me up when anyone mentions it.

If you can balance it out, then go ahead. If you pull it off you'll be praised and worshipped. But many of these games just turn into spawntrapping campfests after a good amount of time. (ofcourse, it's largely due to the community) While large scale combat in shooters isn't inherently bad, there are still some poor examples out there. And that is why I still avoid games like that.

The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
03-21-2013

Quote:
I'd pity you if this wasn't a joke. So I'll assume it was.
Correct.

Quote:
However, your whole multiplayer idea is a generic thing I've seen regurgitated several times over the internet, so it kind of cracks me up when anyone mentions it.
It's a FPS franchise, it's already generic to an extent.

Quote:
If you can balance it out, then go ahead. If you pull it off you'll be praised and worshipped. But many of these games just turn into spawntrapping campfests after a good amount of time. (ofcourse, it's largely due to the community) While large scale combat in shooters isn't inherently bad, there are still some poor examples out there. And that is why I still avoid games like that.
Again I'll revert back to Battlefield 3 on the PC, specifically the conquest game mode. Given the spawn menu and your options, it's pretty damn hard to get spawn trapped, and even then, you always have your home base to revert to, which can offer plenty of defense, especially if efforts are coordinated. I feel that is something Halo can mimic successfully. Instead of a home base, it would be a capital ship you can spawn into, complete with a hanger and drop pods, etc. If the enemy had captured all the control points, the capital ship would then become vulnerable, and if it was eventually destroyed, which would take plenty of time even with an nonstop assault, it would end the game prematurely. Or you could do something like Planetside 2 offers on occasion, and just have people drop the fuck down from the sky ODST style all around you. You couldn't do this anywhere on the map of course, but by capturing control points you would be expanding your radius.

And avoiding a genre as a whole because of a few bad apples? Tisk tisk. If you have the computer to run it, Battlefield 3 on the PC is one of the funnest games I've played, especially now that End Game is out.
Augmented Human
Level 13
Subtract from Augmented Human's ReputationAdd to Augmented Human's Reputation Augmented Human is a novice
04-07-2013

Halo 3 on PC 6 years after release.

Halo 2 on PC 9 years after release.

No thank you lol.

"Life is a choice and death is a decision."

thiwy
Level 28
Subtract from thiwy's ReputationAdd to thiwy's Reputation thiwy is legendary thiwy is legendary thiwy is legendary
Send a message via MSN to thiwy
04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augmented Human View Post
Halo 3 on PC 6 years after release.

Halo 2 on PC 9 years after release.

No thank you lol.
this lol

anyways if they actually do it, i hope they wont fail h3 pc like they failed h2 pc
Preserving halo pc montages history @
http://www.youtube.com/thiw123

^My newest montage featuring old clips :O

Warp. Night vision. Spinning bodies.

Halo 1.

DPrassel
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from DPrassel's ReputationAdd to DPrassel's Reputation DPrassel is a novice
04-08-2013

This would be pretty great. It's definitely been long enough since it had it's debut on the 360.
Semper
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from Semper's ReputationAdd to Semper's Reputation Semper is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to Semper
05-01-2013

Oh yeah, Halo 3 PC? playing multiplayer would be amazing