Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
LargoLovesYou
Level 20
Subtract from LargoLovesYou's ReputationAdd to LargoLovesYou's Reputation LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame
12-13-2013

This was awesome blossom with extra awesome

Galvin
OOhhh Kill'em
Subtract from Galvin's ReputationAdd to Galvin's Reputation Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica
12-13-2013

Holy shit. Best montage ever... Songs were great, gameplay was unbelievable and that fucking no scope 2 for 1 for the killtac at 10:10. Poop is just falling out of my butt, that's how good this was.
Galvin
OOhhh Kill'em
Subtract from Galvin's ReputationAdd to Galvin's Reputation Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica Galvin still downloads from Mythica
12-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv1ncible View Post
Well this was unexpected. I suppose plenty of people knew this video was coming but I was pleasantly surprised to see this tonight. I don't think I can say anything in regards to the gameplay other than it was probably as good as we're ever going to see. The spree on Avalanche might actually be the most impressive clip in the entire montage.

So congrats Dennis, I'm happy to see you go out with a bang.

Now, the criticism, and it falls squarely on the shoulders of Puba I'm afraid (unless of course Dennis was closely involved with producing the montage). I don't think there's a nice way of going about saying this but the editing was absolutely, undoubtedly horrendous and detracted from the gameplay. The persistent motion blur and twitching almost gave me a headache, and the way the clips were cut killed any chance this video had at a decent flow, which was probably slim to begin with considering there were what seemed to be a dozen songs used. To give more specifics, the overall exposure was too dark (watched on youtube so maybe the download is better in terms of contrast), and the quality seemed heavily degraded, like it had been been rendered multiple times.

This gives me an opportunity to explain to editors something that many fail to grasp, which is, sometimes less is more. Maybe as a web developer I recognize this more than most because in the world of the internet, minimalism and simplicity are the keys to good user experience. But this carries through to film, and almost any creative medium. Seriously, don't just add effect upon effect thinking that you're somehow adding to the depth of your creation. It doesn't work that way.

Ultimately, this was a montage that could have shattered any previous barriers based on gameplay alone. Seriously, even if it had been edited in the fashion of Roadblock, it would have probably accomplished that. Sadly, instead, the editing only detracted from the overall quality of the video.

Obviously this is only my opinion, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would disagree and say they like the editing. To each their own.
You're a faggot
Hyena
Lightning Sniper
Subtract from Hyena's ReputationAdd to Hyena's Reputation Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000 Hyena IS OVER 9000
12-13-2013

Literally cannot get over some of that GP, noscope naire to camo from s3, cmon man. Puba, you are my favourite editor in this era of Halo for sure, amazing job both of you. Credits made me sad
Grif55
Valar Morgulis
Subtract from Grif55's ReputationAdd to Grif55's Reputation Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Grif55
12-13-2013

Awesome job, I'll write a review when not as faded, preferably morning.
Element
Level 37
Subtract from Element's ReputationAdd to Element's Reputation Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Element
12-13-2013

Everything about this montage was great, and the feeling of it being the last Dutchy video this community will ever see made it even better. The only problem I had though was how completely terrible some of the kids were in some of the clips. It made some of the high multi clips that should've had a "OMFG" reaction have a "meh" reaction. It was kind of bad throughout this montage, but the editing, and my lack of not caring so much about it made this worth the 13 min watch of a terrific montage.

Love love love Puba's editing, and Dennis' gameplay is always above standard.

Great way to end the year with one of the best H2 montage ever (Kiko) and one of the best H3 montage ever.

It's been fun always trying to compete with you, I hope what ever you do in life is enjoyable for you and may you be as successful as you were getting clips in Halo, lol. Peace out Dennis, see ya around.

EDIT: Upload a new download link faget.

mk is rippin
Level 27
Subtract from mk is rippin's ReputationAdd to mk is rippin's Reputation mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000 mk is rippin IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mk is rippin Send a message via Skype™ to mk is rippin
12-14-2013

so many good songs (6:28 song was done perfectly, loved how it transitioned in). Valhalla snipers naire was fkn sick. 13 min of top tier editing. One of my fav halo vids.
GT- little MK
Just as Mad
total too high
Subtract from Just as Mad's ReputationAdd to Just as Mad's Reputation Just as Mad taps Cortana Just as Mad taps Cortana Just as Mad taps Cortana Just as Mad taps Cortana Just as Mad taps Cortana
12-14-2013

only dutchy

JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
12-14-2013

all those construct clips were insane

the music was kinda swing and a miss for me but I would say if you like the music it was incredible , still enjoyed it a lot

cheers lads
Kiko Mia
E93 カブリオレ
Subtract from Kiko Mia's ReputationAdd to Kiko Mia's Reputation Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000 Kiko Mia IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GocrazyAwesome View Post
This was rude and disrespectful. You act like your subjective opinion is fact. I spent around 8 months editing this 13 and a half minute video and you had literally nothing nice to say about. Maybe you should be more open minded and not act like you know better than anybody else.

Edit: i probably shouldnt be focusing on the negative right now. i appreciate all the kind words from everybody else.

would hugggg