Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
10-30-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesegrady87 View Post
Well, had you asked what my beliefs are based on, that's what my answer would have been.

So then what is your faith based on?

TMNT
KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
10-31-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post

TMNT
Faith = hoping God exists
Virginiafan13
Level 29
Subtract from Virginiafan13's ReputationAdd to Virginiafan13's Reputation Virginiafan13 is a novice
10-31-2006

actually faith is believing that god exists. theres a little bit of a difference between believing and hoping. christians just have something in them that makes them just know that God does exists. dont ask what it is we dont know but its just there. atheist dont believe in God and they dont have something in them that makes them just know. they just think that because of what science thinks that they know. not trying to be a fag or anything. just posting my thoughts.
I wanted to stay on the site till chicago but I just cant take it anymore. Thanks H3F.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
10-31-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginiafan13 View Post
actually faith is believing that god exists. theres a little bit of a difference between believing and hoping. christians just have something in them that makes them just know that God does exists. dont ask what it is we dont know but its just there. atheist dont believe in God and they dont have something in them that makes them just know. they just think that because of what science thinks that they know. not trying to be a fag or anything. just posting my thoughts.
Well you're presenting your thoughts as facts, which are untrue. You're also generalizing and speaking on behalf of too many people.

"Christians just have something in them that makes them just know that God does exist." is a generalized statement. Many Christians don't know that God exists, but they believe (hope).

"They [athiests] just think that because of what science thinks that they know." is also a grand generalization, which isn't true at all. Athiests don't necessarily use science as the crutch for their disbelief, rather most athiests believe so because of the lack of any evidence of such. Science offers evidence, which is a good stance for them to use in counter arguments, but it's the general lack of godliness and evidence thereof that confirms their disbelief. Furthermore, their beliefs are founded by use of reasonable logic telling them otherwise.
Busy, busy, busy
cheesegrady87
Level 11
Subtract from cheesegrady87's ReputationAdd to cheesegrady87's Reputation cheesegrady87 is a novice
11-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post

TMNT
I think this hearkens back to what Colostomizer and I are talking about. "What is your faith based on?" is more or less a different way of saying "How do you justify your faith?"
"Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes."
-Pope John Paul II
SpOk3n
Level 10
Subtract from SpOk3n's ReputationAdd to SpOk3n's Reputation SpOk3n is a novice
Send a message via AIM to SpOk3n
11-01-2006

Well one of the things my faith is based on is that when im in trouble or need of something i pray to GOD and he always answers my prayers. My faith is not only based on what i've seen from personal experiences but also of stories i've heard from fellow christians.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
11-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOk3n View Post
Well one of the things my faith is based on is that when im in trouble or need of something i pray to GOD and he always answers my prayers. My faith is not only based on what i've seen from personal experiences but also of stories i've heard from fellow christians.
How do you know that these aren't coincidences? Does God always answer your prayers as "yes"?
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
SpOk3n
Level 10
11-01-2006

I dont know for a fact thats y its called faith. I choose to believe it on my own. I also don't think that some random person just made up the bible. (to who ever the guy was who said that the bible is false)
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
11-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpOk3n View Post
I dont know for a fact thats y its called faith. I choose to believe it on my own. I also don't think that some random person just made up the bible. (to who ever the guy was who said that the bible is false)
So you make the assumption that these occurances are not coincidences because it's nice to believe that they aren't?

And do you always get a "yes" answer?
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
SpOk3n
Level 10
11-01-2006

no, GOD doesn't just tell me "yes". He rewards me for staying faithful to him.