Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
SPDRMaYnE !
Level 28
Subtract from SPDRMaYnE !'s ReputationAdd to SPDRMaYnE !'s Reputation SPDRMaYnE ! is a novice
11-09-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by erithmia View Post
Jesus made the way. Confess, believe, and be forgiven!
Look. It's great you're a Christian, but when you come on here sounding all biblical, it really puts people off and gives them the wrong impression.

JUST BE NORMAL.

The Space of Mine That I Own Personally
DIGIMON IS COOL

Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-09-2006

Quote:
Jesus made the way. Confess, believe, and be forgiven!
Are you blind? Did you not even read my post? You're shouting with your hands over your ears. Does Christianity promote that sort of behavior? To the best of my knowledge, it doesn't.

Let's keep this on track. I don't want this one getting closed. Does anyone have any explanations for this sort of stuff? It happens, thus it must have a cause.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
11-09-2006

I have never seen ghosts before. But I have had dejevu before. 1 year ago something would happen, and a year later the exact thing happened. I was like "omgwtf!!!!". It freaks me out.
40oz Jesus
Level 33
Subtract from 40oz Jesus's ReputationAdd to 40oz Jesus's Reputation 40oz Jesus is a novice
Send a message via AIM to 40oz Jesus
11-09-2006

not sure about that other stuff, but haitian voodoo (correctly spelled vodoun) is a legit religious belief. like most non-christian based religions, it is very misunderstood and made to seem evil and dark. they do believe in spirits of the dead and magick, but they mostly use magick for protection or healing.

cases of 'hexes', harmful spells put on enemies, have been researched and confirmed. I saw a great program on it, they interviewed a haitian high priest (they're called something else) and he told a story about a white man that had raped and killed women in this village. he was captured and a hex was placed on him, and he was told he would die in 3 days, then they let him go. 3 days later he was found dead, his stomach severly swollen to basketball size. he was not murdered or poisoned or anything, he died of natural causes.
Unc13 Buck
Level 20
Subtract from Unc13 Buck's ReputationAdd to Unc13 Buck's Reputation Unc13 Buck is a novice
11-09-2006

Deja vu happens to me every so often, ghosts thats just a ridiculous idea.
Wake me up when the melees work
erithmia
Level 10
Subtract from erithmia's ReputationAdd to erithmia's Reputation erithmia is a novice
11-10-2006

Actually it does. That's what be a disciple is about. Standing up for Christ. God is a Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and Truth. We all must give a price for are sin, which sperates us from Christ, but by His blood alone can you be Saved and forgiven.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
11-10-2006

Quote:
Actually it does. That's what be a disciple is about. Standing up for Christ. God is a Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and Truth. We all must give a price for are sin, which sperates us from Christ, but by His blood alone can you be Saved and forgiven.
There are many requirements that the moshiach(Transliteration of the Hebrew word for messiah. "The anointed one") is supposed to meet it. Many have claimed to be the moshiach , but none have met all of the requirements. Jesus doesn't even make it past the qualifying round. The Messiah is supposed to be a male line decendant of King David. If Christianity is correct, then Jesus could not have met this requirement. The Moshiach is also supposed to be human, and not part-god, or all-god. Another major thing is that Jesus died before accomplishing several of the other tasks, such as rebuilding the temple. You can argue about a second coming, but it doesn't really make sense to me. I'm still waiting for the first.

erithmia
Level 10
Subtract from erithmia's ReputationAdd to erithmia's Reputation erithmia is a novice
11-13-2006

The temple God was talking about wass a spiritual temple. Jesus body was the temble, and it was rose in 3 days. Jesus was certainly a descendent of David, check you resources. All through the old testament the messiah is referenced to God in flesh, thus the term Messiah.
DaRkz0mbie
Level 29
Subtract from DaRkz0mbie's ReputationAdd to DaRkz0mbie's Reputation DaRkz0mbie is a novice
Send a message via AIM to DaRkz0mbie
11-27-2006

Demons are the breeders of everything else you guys talk about. They literally are ghosts, spirits, and everything else in between (not taking Deja Vu into account). Anything spiritual you see or hear about has a demon behind it, be it a good occurance or a bad one. They inhabit the earth today, as there is no other place for them until Judgment Day.
Hi.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
11-27-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkz0mbie View Post
Demons are the breeders of everything else you guys talk about. They literally are ghosts, spirits, and everything else in between (not taking Deja Vu into account). Anything spiritual you see or hear about has a demon behind it, be it a good occurance or a bad one. They inhabit the earth today, as there is no other place for them until Judgment Day.
That's the equivalent of shouting "Magic!111!" and running...