Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
11-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer
You're absolutely right. You aren't ignorant because you're a Christian, you're a Christian because you're ignorant. You believe in something for which there is no proof. I'd love to argue against religion (and atheists for that matter), but I've got to go and I don't know when I'll be back on. When I am able to get back on, if you're willing to defend your beliefs, I'll argue with you.
Couldnt have said it better myself.
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
11-04-2005

Quote:
You're absolutely right. You aren't ignorant because you're a Christian, you're a Christian because you're ignorant. You believe in something for which there is no proof. I'd love to argue against religion (and atheists for that matter), but I've got to go and I don't know when I'll be back on. When I am able to get back on, if you're willing to defend your beliefs, I'll argue with you.
What else did I say in that post? Go read it to remind yourself. I have a feeling people are ecoming forgetful of things I am saying.

WHAT YOU JUST SAID TO ME BASICALLY SAYS THAT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE IGNORANT. I BET THERE ARE MORE SCHOLARLY CHRISTIANS IN THIS WORLD WHO WOULD BEG TO DIFFER.

Wow, Haha, Lol.

Heres a question? How big is the universe? Seriously how big is it? Infinite, or not infinite? Does it have a specific end point ande a specific center point?

The answer is that we don't really know how big the Universe is, it takes a measure of faith to believe it to be infinite.

The same goes with love too. How do you know when you are in love, and when someone loves you? Love cannot be verifiable data. The same goes with God too. He cannot be proved, true. However, everything around us in nature is shouting out that there is a creator behind all of this, that something had to have designed everything.
H 2 F R e G s
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to cccpdemocracy
11-04-2005
Talking

Quote:
HEY MAKE FUN OF SOMEONES RELIGION SOME MORE. that awsome man how cool do you feel? oh yeah your a dick. someone please make fun of any other relgion other than Christianity and see what happens. they will be called a ignorent dolt. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PRICK

EDIT: should i start a thread called every relgion is insane except what i belive? would that go over good with everyone?

Last edited by cccpdemocracy; 11-04-2005 at 06:54 PM.
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
Subtract from JustMarioBros's ReputationAdd to JustMarioBros's Reputation JustMarioBros is a novice
11-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop
The same goes with love too. How do you know when you are in love, and when someone loves you? Love cannot be verifiable data. The same goes with God too. He cannot be proved, true. However, everything around us in nature is shouting out that there is a creator behind all of this, that something had to have designed everything.
Wow you seriously cannot compare Love and God like this. It doesnt even make sense. Love is a feeling. You know your in Love because whenever your around that special someone you always get butterflies in your stomach. And every kiss feels like the first one. You would also do anythignfor that person, even give your life for that person. Theres so many ways to know your in love. Yes, i am speaking from experience my GF and soon to be wife.

Just like the other guy said, God cannot be proven to be true , so you are being ignorant about the subject. Your believeing in something that isnt even there (b/c it hasnt been proven). Oh and nature wasn't designed by anybody or any super natural being. Its called Evolution. Rocks collided in space. They formed a planet. Gases formed in this planet. Magma rose from beneath to create land and steam to create water. Oceans came about. Germs and micro life began. Plants started to grow aswell as the micro organisms that eventually became fish after millions of years. And the life cycle began. Thats what nature is telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall
HEY MAKE FUN OF SOMEONES RELIGION SOME MORE. that awsome man how cool do you feel? oh yeah your a dick. someone please make fun of any other relgion other than Christianity and see what happens. they will be called a ignorent dolt. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PRICK

EDIT: should i start a thread called every relgion is insane except what i belive? would that go over good with everyone?
Apparently you cannot comprehend what you read. He never made fun of his religion. He stated a very good point thats all. Your the one that has nothing constructive to say about anything. OH YEAH IM STILL WAITING FOR YOU AND CRAFTY TO PROVE ME WRONG ABOUT MY STATEMENTS!! Although you cant but you can still give it a try. I do need a good laugh

Last edited by JustMarioBros; 11-04-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Cobain4pres
Level 19
Subtract from Cobain4pres's ReputationAdd to Cobain4pres's Reputation Cobain4pres is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Cobain4pres
11-04-2005

my view on it is that the whole jesus saving the world from sin is a big sham. think about it. its just a way to keep society in line kinda like santa clause. Parents tell there kids to be good little boys or santa clause wont bring them any presents. in reality the parents just want there kids to be good little boys and girls. so them saying that if u dont be good and not sin u will go to hell and if ur good u go to heaven. but if u dont believe that in the first place then u cant go anywhere so they contradict themselves. and if u ask the preists how they know its real, they say its faith. If u have no faith in the first place then u wont believe them thus contradicting the whole system. my rant is done

cccpdemocracy
Level 49
Subtract from cccpdemocracy's ReputationAdd to cccpdemocracy's Reputation cccpdemocracy is a novice
11-04-2005
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros
Wow you seriously cannot compare Love and God like this. It doesnt even make sense. Love is a feeling. You know your in Love because whenever your around that special someone you always get butterflies in your stomach. And every kiss feels like the first one. You would also do anythignfor that person, even give your life for that person. Theres so many ways to know your in love. Yes, i am speaking from experience my GF and soon to be wife.

Just like the other guy said, God cannot be proven to be true , so you are being ignorant about the subject. Your believeing in something that isnt even there (b/c it hasnt been proven). Oh and nature wasn't designed by anybody or any super natural being. Its called Evolution. Rocks collided in space. They formed a planet. Gases formed in this planet. Magma rose from beneath to create land and steam to create water. Oceans came about. Germs and micro life began. Plants started to grow aswell as the micro organisms that eventually became fish after millions of years. And the life cycle began. Thats what nature is telling you.

Apparently you cannot comprehend what you read. He never made fun of his religion. He stated a very good point thats all. Your the one that has nothing constructive to say about anything. OH YEAH IM STILL WAITING FOR YOU AND CRAFTY TO PROVE ME WRONG ABOUT MY STATEMENTS!! Although you cant but you can still give it a try. I do need a good laugh
Hey I am not joking at all ok. YOU ARE DOLT. i dont understand you. YOU SAID EVERYTHING ABOUT EVOLUTION IS TRUE. Then you turn around and say only some of it has been proven. then you say prove me wrong. THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE ARE YOU JOKING. and he did make fun of religon because he said anyone who belives it is ignorent. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU TIE YOUR SHOES? im not joking at all. im asking you a real question. are you sometimes retarded?
JustMarioBros
i r baby jesus
11-04-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcontrall
Hey I am not joking at all ok. YOU ARE DOLT. i dont understand you. YOU SAID EVERYTHING ABOUT EVOLUTION IS TRUE. Then you turn around and say only some of it has been proven. then you say prove me wrong. THAT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE ARE YOU JOKING. and he did make fun of religon because he said anyone who belives it is ignorent. HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU TIE YOUR SHOES? im not joking at all. im asking you a real question. are you sometimes retarded?
Yes i am retarded.
cccpdemocracy
Level 49
11-05-2005
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMarioBros
Yes i am retarded.
Sweet I cant talk to you anymore this is a joke. not this thread just you.
Sh4rk
Level 29
Subtract from Sh4rk's ReputationAdd to Sh4rk's Reputation Sh4rk is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Sh4rk
11-05-2005

woa everyone is getting pissed off over nothing. Some people believe in god and some don't. If you don't then you don't need to take personal offence at the fact that someone else does and visa versa. If you are comfortable with you beliefs or lack of then be confident in your decision and stop trying to justify it to the rest of the world.
cthulu4769
Dubious Doppelgänger
Subtract from cthulu4769's ReputationAdd to cthulu4769's Reputation cthulu4769 is a novice
11-05-2005

Mario Bros you need to lay off and learn how to organize your thoughts so you dont sound like an ignorant fool who contradicts himself. Normally I disagree with Contra, but I feel where he is coming from right now.