Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?
Yes. 55 60.44%
No. 36 39.56%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilationricky View Post
I dont see any proof, would much rather not believe in him since it seems he never actually does stuff for me, people hitting each other on the forehead saying "oh you're cured by Jesus", nah that dont work for me. i actually believe in Satan, i know, "if theres a devil, there has to be a god", and uhm i guess thats true but i dont really care about god or jesus or that stuff, the couple of times i went to church, all they did was "forgive us, forgive us, forgive us"...which i saw no point in so i walked out of the church...the only church you could get me to go to would be the satanic church
Satanism has nothing to do with Satan. Silly goose.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*

Last edited by Lammie; 12-14-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Angered
FTN
Subtract from Angered's ReputationAdd to Angered's Reputation Angered is a novice
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
This thread is an idiot magnet.

One thing I would like to address is anybody who thinks that there must have been a creator to start off the universe. How come the universe cannot come from nothing or never have a beginning and simply always exist, but a creator can? It doesn't make any more sense for a higher power to exist without a beginning than for the universe to pop into existence of itself.
So I guess you know the answer? No, you don't either.

If physics says something can't come from nothing then how do we exist?

It has to be the work of something bigger than all of us, or humans have it all wrong. If we have it all wrong, then what do we know about anything?
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a S e R View Post
If you really dont like your life and dont believe in God kill yourself..the reason people dont believe in God most of times is because they pray and have no faith and expect a miracle or for God to talk to them.God isn't going to talk to some dumb ass
wow

wrong

so wrong
Prowl
Amazingly Randy
Subtract from Prowl's ReputationAdd to Prowl's Reputation Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary Prowl is legendary
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angered View Post
So I guess you know the answer? No, you don't either.

If physics says something can't come from nothing then how do we exist?

It has to be the work of something bigger than all of us, or humans have it all wrong. If we have it all wrong, then what do we know about anything?
then how does god exist?
skeRer
ۼݨݭ۾۳ݘڱ ڣڛځٸ قۻﰜ ﯜ
Subtract from skeRer's ReputationAdd to skeRer's Reputation skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield skeRer finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to skeRer Send a message via MSN to skeRer
12-14-2006

No I don't. Come on, just think about it.. Do you really think somebody is watching us, over the clouds, and does miracle if we deserve/need one ?! Dude..

But I can understand people who believe in something (god or something else). I guess it's something they can count on when they are in trouble, and it usually works. All is in your head..
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-14-2006

I find it ridiculous to believe that there's nothing, personally. Believing within the contructs of a religion is debatable, but I just don't see any possibility of there being nothing.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
II Hayden69 II
Level 13
Subtract from II Hayden69 II's ReputationAdd to II Hayden69 II's Reputation II Hayden69 II is a novice
Send a message via AIM to II Hayden69 II Send a message via MSN to II Hayden69 II
12-14-2006

More than any thing god is truly my best friend he has always been there for me he is the best! my opinion respect that
RasputiN
Level 20
Subtract from RasputiN's ReputationAdd to RasputiN's Reputation RasputiN is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RasputiN
12-14-2006

I would have to say that either there is a God responsible for the Earth and us, or it is like South Park, and aliens combined the organisms from all different planets and put them on earth, so they could have a reality show.
FR to ll RasputiN ll (those are L's) For MLG
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=mrbagrat=- View Post
People believing in god is them trying to justify things they can't understand. Hey look, that tree just appeared in midair. Must be god.

What about other dimensions, dark matter, etc? Unlimited properties of this universe and others that we don't, and may not understand. And as long as we don't people will believe in god.

And as for the universe, it was all compressed into a singularity (point of infnite mass) which then expanded.

So no, I don't believe in god. And anyone who tries to push their religion in my face is worth nothing in my book. (not directed to anyone here, just in general.)

People evolved from simpler organisms, which in turn were formed by basic atoms combining into organic molecules by natural conditions.
I do not believe in a "god of the gaps". My belief stems from personal experience, and while their may be some gap-esque nature to it, most of it comes from the incredible unlikeliness that it would occur without a secondary cause, of which G_d makes the most sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=mrbagrat=- View Post
If you have extra time, I would advise reading "The Elegant Universe".
Let me save you some time there.
"Str1ng theory is ab0ut strings LOLz"
That's a summary of the video. Sure, it looks pretty, and gives history, but it never quite tells you what String theory is. Just that it's a theory. And it involves strings, or not. And that there are no testable predictions of it as of now. Go ahead and watch it if you want. It's all online.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar

Last edited by Froggy618157725; 12-14-2006 at 02:48 PM.
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFCiZiØn View Post
Yeah I believe in God, there's something called Faith and Love. Get some.
In that context, faith and love have contributed to many of the worlds problems. People who believe in other things based only on faith and love can find themselves in a mental hospital. What's your real reason for believing in G_d? I don't like to believe that people just drop it at faith and love. Faith and trust are earned. Love is built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colostomizer View Post
This thread is an idiot magnet.

One thing I would like to address is anybody who thinks that there must have been a creator to start off the universe. How come the universe cannot come from nothing or never have a beginning and simply always exist, but a creator can? It doesn't make any more sense for a higher power to exist without a beginning than for the universe to pop into existence of itself.
Agreed. But it's always nice to make fatal problems in understanding as small as possible Easy way out much?
That argument does nothing to back up the stance of any given religion on G_d. It does not give any support for any personal involvement, self awareness, thought, etc. that are generally taken for granted. People also tend to not take those concepts out to the proper layer of extraction before applying it to G_d. Possibly because the proper layer of extraction is somewhere near the bounds of our ability to picture it. I'm tired. Can you tell? I think I ramble when I'm tired, but I'm generally too tired to pay attention to it. What was I saying again? Oh, yeah. Colostomizer owns.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar