Display Modes Thread Tools
iCeAt
Level 31
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
12-03-2006
Default Coming to a realization.

1.) Religion is False.
2.) I still believe that the universe had/has a creator.

---
Basically, that’s all I know right now. To explain why I just came to this realization I will use a video. The video involves a trick that if used correctly by the tricker, you could seriously make someone believe in something.

I was at a friend’s house last night and they told me that when they were ten years old a magician came to their house for a birthday party and showed them a religious trick. Well for her that was 16 years ago. Till this day she hasn't found out the trick, reason is simple, I will explain later though.

The trick works like this.
A.) Take a Prayer rug and place it open on the floor.
B.) Take 5 pieces of paper and 5 spoons out.
C.) Take the 1 spoon and 1 paper and do the following with them.
C1.) Place the paper flat out on the floor, then take the spoon and put it in the middle of the paper. After you have done that take the paper and fold it in half with the spoon still in the middle of the two folds. Now start wrapping the spoon with both sides of the paper.
D.) Do this with all 5 spoons and then place them on the side of the rug.
E.) Fold half the rug over the spoons and then pray on the rug.
F.) Unfold the rug to reveal the spoons.
G.) Start unwrapping the spoons one by one. Now some spoons will end up after being unwrapped OUT of the original half fold. When this happens the tricker tells the person who wrapped it and prayed on it that their prayers are strong. Now however many of the 5 that come unwrapped means how strong religiously you are.

---

I believed this when I first saw it last night, but then I became curious and took 1 spoon and 1 piece of paper and started doing the wrapping and unwrapping without praying. I noticed that the spoon would come out sometimes and sometimes it wouldn't.

I got so pissed because I found out that praying had s**t to do with it and that the magician who tricked this girl 16 years ago can manipulate people to believe something, very very deeply too.

Well, this morning I went to my kitchen grabbed a spoon, then got some paper and worked on the trick for like an hour. Then all of a sudden I got an idea to mark with a pen one side of the paper, the inside where its folded. After I did I learn the trick and seriously am considering throwing religion out the door.

My reason for this is as follows.
If something that simple could create such a strong control over people, it makes me think what else have I been fooled into believing?

Now to explain the trick...

After folding the paper over the spoon and wrapping, you have to remember which flap of the paper was on top, because if you open the bottom flap as the top one you have just reversed the way you will open it thus making it appear as if ghost have taken the spoon and put it outside the flap....
Very simple, yet so effective with the masses. The reason for the rug is so you forget which papers were folding over which spoons and which flaps were the top ones... Make sense?

Here is the video. After watching this what I wrote above should make a lot of sense.

----

The first time I folded and unwrapped it was to show that it wouldn’t open if I grab the flaps the correct way. The second time I refolded it and when I opened it I "accidentally" grabbed the wrong flap as my top one and when I unwrapped it the spoon was out of the fold....
Now this is actually done with placing five spoons wrapped just like the one I did on a prayer rug and then folding the rug over to the spoons, only to pray on them. After you pray on the spoons you take the rug off then start unwrapping to see which ones came out of the original fold...

Well, lol, by the time you pray and everything you forget which flap is your top one and then it’s just random as to which one will open...
Like I said, if something this simple makes people believe so deeply, then damn, WTF else have I been fooled with.

I advise you all to try it.

Last edited by iCeAt; 12-03-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Alex Is Ownage
Level 24
Subtract from Alex Is Ownage's ReputationAdd to Alex Is Ownage's Reputation Alex Is Ownage is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Alex Is Ownage
12-03-2006

I dont think ur a girl.

^^^I love her with my whole heart, and her existent eyebrows
Aim:Mothashizzle
Xbl:Alex is ownage

Thanks alot I-Am-N8and crest
Arent.I.Original?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman34
well i keep hearing them refer to health pack on warlock where is that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heineken

Team carbon:
gandhi
ghostayame

they're somewhat decent:rolleyes:
iCeAt
Level 31
12-03-2006

Wow, I guess nobody at all understood my purpose for creating this thread.
Angered
FTN
Subtract from Angered's ReputationAdd to Angered's Reputation Angered is a novice
12-03-2006

I might say religion is partly bullshit, - sure give 10% of what you earn, then you can go to heaven - but I wouldn't say it's false.

What college did you study religion at? What school in general did you study religion at? What study groups have you been going to?

I just don't see where you come off saying it's false.
Who is ekMo
Level 25
Subtract from Who is ekMo's ReputationAdd to Who is ekMo's Reputation Who is ekMo is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Who is ekMo
12-03-2006

All magics bullshit, So to say all religion is bullshit because of one magic trick isnt fair.

^Tanker^
iCeAt
Level 31
12-03-2006

I did not study religion at a school.

I came to my point because I see it stupid that there would be so many different religions and so many different sects... Why do we need to choose one, and if we do how do we know we made the right choice?

My first post is an example of people using religion to control others. With this being said, who knows how far beyond the simple "spoon trick" people have went to control others.

Basically, the only "religion" I would choose, is one that said this:

"There is a creator, and being a good person for the betterment of not only yourself but others is needed. There are no rituals or acts that must be performed in order to be religious and good."

Im just pissed with being told I can't do certain things and that I have to do acceptable things this way or that way...

This is a short writ-up, so please don't look for all your detail in here.
iCeAt
Level 31
12-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by i ekMo i View Post
All magics bulls**t, So to say all religion is bulls**t because of one magic trick isnt fair.
Are you religious at all, or do you follow a certain religion?

It's not just one magic trick, it is the thoery behind it.
How much magic is religion really made of...?
Who is ekMo
Level 25
Subtract from Who is ekMo's ReputationAdd to Who is ekMo's Reputation Who is ekMo is a novice
12-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeAt View Post
Are you religious at all, or do you follow a certain religion?

It's not just one magic trick, it is the thoery behind it.
How much magic is religion really made of...?
No im not really religious, but I was just stating my opinion that A magic trick has nothing to do with religion.

^Tanker^
KaLi
Level 14
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
12-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by i ekMo i View Post
No im not really religious, but I was just stating my opinion that A magic trick has nothing to do with religion.

Religion = Magic ??? ?

God magically made the Virgin Mary pregnant, didn't He?
Who is ekMo
Level 25
12-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
Religion = Magic ??? ?

God magically made the Virgin Mary pregnant, didn't He?
As much as ur trying to argue against my opinion, Some little trick at a birthday party doesnt compare to Virgin mary getting pregnant.

^Tanker^