Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#1
11-29-2006
Default Why Debate?

Honestly, why are y'all STILL debating the same things over and over.
I swear it seems like a who can use the biggest words competition and sound the smartest... Reality check people, NOBODY has changed their "stupid" "illogical" "Irrational" opinions. I debated for a fuck of a long time and you know what, I am still the same dumb ass you all think I am, and I come back to see everyone is still the same dumb asses they are... It's all a matter of opinion and debating for hours on end is not very beneficial, unless your trying to boost your ego or confidence or whatever, even then it will have its downsides...

Seriously, who has REALLY changed a strong belief they have held while debating in this section? Who has had something revealed to them that has changed them?

IMO, nobody has, why? Mainly because everyones an ass... Me included...
So please, for the love of God, Satin, Nothing, Everything, Sex, Music... Whatever the fuck you want to love, Get on with it, stop debating the same EXACT shit months, even years on end.

Everyone on here thinks they know the answer, guess what! You do!!!! So why fucking debate it when your not gonna change your "Facts"???


----

Just a little rant, the reason I left religion debate was because nobodies opinion would change, and I was wasting time debating when in reality I could be out doing different shit...

Adios Amigos.
Ward sexin H3F
Level 30
Ward sexin H3F's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,856
Subtract from Ward sexin H3F's ReputationAdd to Ward sexin H3F's Reputation Ward sexin H3F is a novice
#2
11-29-2006
Default

I disagree, I feel that debating helps solve world issues and open everyones minds. You can get plenty of insight and new perspectives if you just talk with people. If you think im wrong, then we can debate about it.


iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#3
11-29-2006
Default

Lol, Look.

We have all debated each other for a long time, everyone knows the others argument, though they try to make their argument better by introducing new terms or improving their grammar, when in fact... it's the same argument.

I see it this way, argue, give your opinion, BUT FOR FUCK SAKE STOP DRAGGING IT ON AND ON AND ON.

Why do you think we have physical wars man, because words CANNOT solve all problems... sometimes people just gotta shut the other person up somehow or another...
Ward sexin H3F
Level 30
Ward sexin H3F's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,856
Subtract from Ward sexin H3F's ReputationAdd to Ward sexin H3F's Reputation Ward sexin H3F is a novice
#4
11-29-2006
Default

yeah I know what you mean. Thats mostly why i dont go to the debate forum anymore, too many rehashes. The only way to settle a conflict (assuming your a a REAL man) is by having a headbutt fight.


iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#5
11-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
yeah I know what you mean. Thats mostly why i dont go to the debate forum anymore, too many rehashes. The only way to settle a conflict (assuming your a a REAL man) is by having a headbutt fight.
So we have now just had a successful debate without rehashing... If we could debate God and Religion like this, then wow, wouldn't life be easy lol...
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#6
11-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeAt View Post
Lol, Look.

We have all debated each other for a long time, everyone knows the others argument, though they try to make their argument better by introducing new terms or improving their grammar, when in fact... it's the same argument.

I see it this way, argue, give your opinion, BUT FOR f**k SAKE STOP DRAGGING IT ON AND ON AND ON.

Why do you think we have physical wars man, because words CANNOT solve all problems... sometimes people just gotta shut the other person up somehow or another...
Go away. None of us mainstays debate to change the others opinion. Your mistake coming in was that you were aiming to change opinion. That's why no one liked you.
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
KaLi
Level 14
KaLi's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 218
Subtract from KaLi's ReputationAdd to KaLi's Reputation KaLi is a novice
#7
11-29-2006
Default

This is such a stupid and close-minded question. You just want to be right.

Debating is challenging people's thoughts and giving them new ideas to consider, as well as understanding another person's viewpoint. Debating is human nature, it is not worthless, and debating is NOT about forcing somebody to change their thoughts about something, or force them to convert to a different belief. You, on the other hand, probably don't want to consider other people's ideas, and better your knowledge. If you don't like debating about religion, then never come to the religion section again. No intelligent person on this section likes your comments anyway.
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#8
11-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
Go away. None of us mainstays debate to change the others opinion. Your mistake coming in was that you were aiming to change opinion. That's why no one liked you.
Lammie, why do you honestly debate? People do things for their benefit, someone who doesn't do anything for their benefit is either the role model of what people should act like, or a fake.

You debate to intellectually open yourself up and others right? tell me, how much more intellectual have you really gotten, how has your life changed or your mind for that matter because debating religion has made you more intellectual.

I'm sorry, but debating religion IMO is a mind game, the only benefit I can see is to practice to be a damn lawyer. If you like it and you are hell bent on becoming the best player in the game than do so, I'm saying that I don't enjoy the game because I find no real value in it. I can exercise my mind with politics for instance that actually have more a chance of getting somewhere with another person AND being able to play the Mind Game.

I'm not trying to tell you I'm right, I just felt like ranting... yeah Like everyone does.

Last edited by iCeAt; 11-29-2006 at 02:02 PM.
iCeAt
Level 31
iCeAt's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,114
Subtract from iCeAt's ReputationAdd to iCeAt's Reputation iCeAt is a novice
Send a message via AIM to iCeAt
#9
11-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLi View Post
This is such a stupid and close-minded question. You just want to be right.

Debating is challenging people's thoughts and giving them new ideas to consider, as well as understanding another person's viewpoint. Debating is human nature, it is not worthless, and debating is NOT about forcing somebody to change their thoughts about something, or force them to convert to a different belief. You, on the other hand, probably don't want to consider other people's ideas, and better your knowledge. If you don't like debating about religion, then never come to the religion section again. No intelligent person on this section likes your comments anyway.
Honestly, thank you.

I don't mind if this thread becomes a thrash iCeAt thread... I want to know what people think my problems are... So please, add on if you have more.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Lammie's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: dazed and confused
Posts: 6,063
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
#10
11-29-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCeAt View Post
Lammie, why do you honestly debate? People do things for their benefit, someone who doesn't do anything for their benefit is either the role model of what people should act like, or a fake.

You debate to intellectually open yourself up and others right? tell me, how much more intellectual have you really gotten, how has your life changed or your mind for that matter because debating religion has made you more intellectual.
Are you kidding?

This is where I get ALL of my intellectual stimulation. Outside of Universities, the public education system in Florida SUCKS. I wish my teachers and/or class material was enough to satisfy my enormous desire for information and perspective, but it is NOT.

In the past year I have learned so much through friends of mine like Fershetta, Colostomizer, Lemon, and Darth Hulk... it's ridiculous. If it wasn't for them, I'd be a waste of genius potential baking in the tremendous heat of a shitty Florida high school.

You really have no idea the kind of intellectual advancements I've made. If you were even the least bit open minded, you could be in my position too.
Thank you.




Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off