Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
12-06-2006

Please don't shorten déjà vu to DV, it just makes it too funny.

Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-06-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebal View Post
Man...I wish I had time to write you back today.

I just wanted to let you know that I DID read all of that...and I will respond with my own thoughts on it all (probably just some over-extrapolation of some minute points) but that stuff is so intriguing to me.

I think you've delved into much deeper theories about all of it than I have...I just kinda base my experiences on the fact that they occur so frequently, and that "accidents" only have so many odds of turning out the way that you've been informed that they will.

I don't know, though...your power seems to stem from symbolism...while mine is more of a "here it comes" type of thing. Like...I remember a few times where my dream turned into something that could have been pretty bad...but then something different happened that alterred the course of the rest of the dream when I finally experienced it in reality. Like...someone would say something different than what I remember...or I would, because I saw what was coming.

However...most of my instances have been fairly insignificant, it seems. I mean...comparatively, the "meaningful" dreams where something important happens only occurs maybe once every 6 months to a year. But then I have all these other premonitions (with much less siginificance...or so it seems) that kinda keep me on my toes.

Your description of how often you actually run across that 41 in significant ways seems to kinda relate to how often I am informed of a future situation.

Unfortunately...the only thing we haven't really interpreted is why they occur when they do...and what the significance points to. For me...this means that I have dreams ALL the time, so I can't really pick out the ones that will tell me what's going to happen...vs. a simple bed-time dream/nightmare. Just like you, technically...could NOTE every single 41 that you ever cross...but that would be inefficient and superstitious.

It's when the familiarity becomes almost unbearable or surreal that catches me off guard. All of a sudden...I have to recall a memory or dream of something that I haven't had in maybe 7-8 nights...or even 7-8 months in order to figure out whether or not the end result of that memory is a good or bad one.

If it's bad...I won't lie...I do something about it.

I don't know if this is harmful to my future status...or if this is something that I'm supposed to be doing...but I use my moral judgement to tell me whether or not the situation calls for my input, or my interruption.

All I gotta say is that I hope I'm headed in the right direction.

P.S. Your prayer theories are VERY VERY VERY similar to mine. I can't even really think of a difference right now...but I don't want to say "WOW...you have been stealing my thoughts!" if there is, in fact, a difference.

Alright...I'll write more when I get the chance.
Well, coming up with near identical thoughts independantly is always a good sign... Though we may just be doing the same thing wrong

My future related dreams were all very random insignificant things until the 41 thing. I dreamt of things like Pokemon Gold and Silver (though in the dream, Pichu was on gold. At the time, I knew next to nothing of Pokemon and had never played the games. Red and Blue were in style, and Game Boy Pocket was pretty new.), the gamecube w/GBA controller (When N64 was the shiznit) my sister's bunk bed (which she got several months later), and a few other things. You seem to have a lot more of those than I do.

All of my future related dreams, with the exception of the 41 thing, were very random and chaotic dreams. One thing would appear very clearly, realistically, and definite, which would later exist.

I also have things scattered to keep me on my toes. It's generally handled by abnormal 41's, but, of course, those are too easily dismissed. Anywhere from once a week to once a month, or a few months, I have some fresh weirdness to add to my connection. Today was one of the lesser weirdnesses.

During my Chemistry class, we had a sub, and a free day. We played games that our teacher had left out for us. I decided to play a TI83/TI89 Tetris tournament. I found out that one of my friends loves Tetris a little too much. She demanded to get a copy of it and play. She decided that she'd continue to play untill she beat me. The link cable started to act up, and after one of the lag-spikes from the faulty cable, she instantly had her board filled randomly, lost, and got a highscore. We tried playing again, but her copy of Tetris had been smitten. That's the most fitting word for it. Somehow, the link cable's data stream must've gotten corrupted in a way that bit-shifted a specific region of the Tetris game's code, leaving it fully playable except for pieces that were random looking and disconnecting, and changed into other random looking shapes when rotated. The possibilities of something like that happening are pretty low. The possibility of that happening and leaving the game playable is lower. The possibility of it doing that without damaging any other region of the calculator is incredibly low. Anything like that generally clear the TI83+'s RAM. Tetris was destroyed by what we like to call "a random act of G_d". It's a figure of speech, but it seems to fit pretty well. I've been examining the corrupted file to try to determine how it could've happened. The file somehow gained 2 bits when it became corrupted.

And, of course, on the math competition, where answers generally boil down to combinations of 1,2,3, and 5(Those are easier to grade, and much friendlier on calculator-free timed tests), the answer to a particularly nasty radical filled system of equations boiled down to 41.

Oh, by the way. Read Genesis Ch 40-42. The only Ch 41 in the Torah, too... The parallels are quite shocking.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-06-2006

I didn't post last night when I was supposed to.

Ok so here's the thing that Froggy was talking about that I could verify and tell better as a story. I actually use the word that Froggy never says because I don't have a fear of something terrible happening at the mention of it.

The word, you ask? "Pineapple."

So I was over Froggy's house and after a bit of Super Smash Brothers Melee (which we have some neat stories from: "Remember the Pichu" and "Did you really just shock my bomb?") we decided to get a little exercise. At this point in time, we hadn't invented our magnificent game (Roof Tennoccer), so we resorted to basketball. I believe we were playing "One bounce" which I am too lazy to explain the rules to, but the game allows for distraction during shots.

At this point in time I'd like to take a moment to describe our basketball skills. If you've ever seen a picture of me, I'm short and white but I jump like a mother fucker. I'm generally an athletic person, and I can shoot a basketball well. I can play well recreationally but not for school. If you've ever seen a picture of Froggy, the word "athletic" does not come to mind. He's hella tall and hella skinny. But hey, he could throw a basketball in the general direction of the hoop, and sometimes it went in. So we played.

Back to the game. Distraction played a big part between us. At one point in the game, I was on fire, sinking shot after shot. No matter what Froggy said to distract me, I was draining them. Bottom of the net. In his eye. After about 6 in a row, Froggy randomly decided to use the word "Pineapple!!" as his distraction. I missed the shot.

Froggy concluded that, because he used the word "Pineapple," I had missed my shot. I told him this was ridiculous. I proceeded to miss about 8 straight shots as he used the word "Pineapple."

At that point, it became a mind game. I was determined to not let the word "Pineapple" throw me off. I decided that the only way to do this was to focus on the fact that the word "Pineapple" would cause me to MAKE my shot, not miss it. As he said the word "Pineapple," I shot and made it, nothing but net.

This upset him.

I told him of the variation I put on the word that would cause me to make it. This intrigued him, and me. We basically forgot about the game and tested out the effects of "Pineapple" on the ball. He would think "Pineapple" on some shots and not think it on others. I would just shoot with all intentions of making the shot.

The results were interesting. He can tell them because I am tired of typing.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
12-06-2006

I remember it starting during one of the gym classes where we were playing lockout in a large group. (edit:Knock out... I'm going into Halo withdrawal. I really shouldn't post this late )I didn't understood why people shout "brick" to mess up other people's shots, so I decided to shout a random word when someone was shooting. They missed and got out. I said it again, and that person missed their shot and got out. This continued for a period of time. I'd let a few go by inbetween, and then say the word only on some. I alternated between whispering it so only I could here it and saying it normally, ruling out that it disrupted their concentration. Every time I said it, no matter how soft, the person shooting, regardless of skill level, missed, and the person behind them got them out. My friends tried it, but they got the expected 50-50 result. This only added to my confusion.

I couldn't let something like that just pass by, so I decided to test it out with Lammie. I thought it was ridiculous for a word alone to cause something something like that. I decided to just try thinking the word, and then just thinking the thoughts associated with the word working. The accuracy dropped slightly, and I noticed another thing. I had a vague feeling about whether or not it had succeeded immediately after trying.

The day after, I learned of another effect. At school the next day, I was spontaneously hit by a wave of mental fatigue. I could hardly think straight, or at all. It wasn't quite as bad as how I felt after my Freshman English final, where I lost the ability to 'talk' in my head (There's only so much ambiguity I can take in a test worth 20% of my grade. With a teacher looking for VERY specific words.... uggg)

The trend of mental fatigue continued every time we tried the experiment, which contributed to me eventually stopping.

Another factor in me stopping was that the effects of the word didn't stop at basketball. When I let it slip in conversation, something would generally happen right at that point, generally bad. I said it while talking to a friend who was on a skateboard who immediately lost his balance and fell backwards. I mentioned it in another conversation and noticed that the sound of all the lawnmowers died instantly. There were a bunch of other cases, with close to a 1:1 correlation but I don't remember too much of the specifics.

I know that this is ridiculous, but there's too much coincidence involved. Enough to drive me to not saying the word anymore. I don't even type it

The most aggravating part is that I love eating it, but I don't ask for it by name. Sure, it's probably an irrational fear, but I made a vow not to say it, and I'm sticking to it. The connection probably lies elsewhere, anyways.

Last edited by Froggy618157725; 12-06-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Lammie
Level 100 Jolteon
Subtract from Lammie's ReputationAdd to Lammie's Reputation Lammie is on the rise to fame Lammie is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Lammie
12-06-2006

Pineapple, noob.
Thank you.

Not mentioned in signature: Rebal <3
Lammiespace.

*Hip Thrust*
Froggy618157725
Level 31
12-07-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammie View Post
Pineapple, noob.
Oh yeah, well... Your mom!11!!!

Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
12-07-2006

You guys remind me of a tag-team with your last couple posts.

"TAKE IT LAMMIE!!!"

"YOUR TURN FROGGY!!!"

"Gee willikers, THANKS LAMMIE!!"

"NO PROBLEM FROGGY!!"

This word, pineapple (which, by the way...I double checked your entire post JUST to make sure that you didn't type it ) is a pretty interesting phenomenon.

Here's something I've kinda wondered about. Ok...you know how witches (think Harry Potter) and the practicers of "wicca" have those magical languages...where they have to say things in certain sequence in order for a spell to be cast?? Well that's always had me thinking...do words REALLY have the power to enact a reaction or a spell? Cause I kinda wonder if Hitler didn't have some of that power...ya know? Like...it just seems that some people with certain words have more power than other people with those same words. Lol...I'm not saying that I've seen magical spells or anything...but like...Pineapple worked for you very well...while others only got a 50-50 reaction.

Your Pineapple explination definately calls that into question, now doesn't it? I onno...I guess if you ever discover any results on that...keep me posted, cause maybe everyone has a different word or a different combination of words could give you some other type of result.

But as for those dreams...I don't know. I think I just need some type of "brain wave" recorder so I can take note of when I have a dream that actually comes to life...and maybe I could analyze it better. Set up a controlled study or something.

Do you guys think we could convince any major science-firms (Do those exist?) to actively study my thought patterns?

I just don't know where to start on all this stuff. Like...you guys keep setting up controlled environments to test your thoughts and stuff out in (ie: that one-bounce game or whatever you were playing)...but those never seem to be so easy for me. All I have is years of experience in recognizing situations that I've experienced before. Kind of a paradox, huh?

Alright...well...my brain is only half-working today...so if I'm a little "off"...don't even think twice about it.

Check it!

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie