Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Rebal771's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Liverpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,256
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
#11
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post
The last line of that post is why I find your apologies worthless. You don't apologize while the bad stuff is still going on, apologize when it stops. I realize that it may not be in your power to stop it, and hence you don't need to say sorry.


TMNT
Well that's all fine and good until you make another generalization about all Christians being crazy.

I mean...If you can't accept my apology...then at least differentiate between the "good ones" and the "bad ones", ya know?

That's all I'm really worried about.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Darth Hulk's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chillin' with Splinter
Posts: 2,905
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
#12
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebal View Post
Well that's all fine and good until you make another generalization about all Christians being crazy.

I mean...If you can't accept my apology...then at least differentiate between the "good ones" and the "bad ones", ya know?

That's all I'm really worried about.
You are misinterpreting my general opinion about Christians. I don't think that every Christian is one of the crazy ones, I pretty much think all Christians are crazy. It's nothing personal unless you choose to take it that way. Given that, I can still differentiate between the good ones and the bad ones. I don't mind mind crazy people, just the bad ones.


TMNT
xReNeGaDe RioTx
Level 11
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 73
Subtract from xReNeGaDe RioTx's ReputationAdd to xReNeGaDe RioTx's Reputation xReNeGaDe RioTx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xReNeGaDe RioTx
#13
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post
I don't think that every Christian is one of the crazy ones, I pretty much think all Christians are crazy.

That's not hypocrytical....
Renegade can be found in the Debate forum.
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Darth Hulk's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chillin' with Splinter
Posts: 2,905
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
#14
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xReNeGaDe RioTx View Post
That's not hypocrytical....
How so, sir?


TMNT
xReNeGaDe RioTx
Level 11
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 73
Subtract from xReNeGaDe RioTx's ReputationAdd to xReNeGaDe RioTx's Reputation xReNeGaDe RioTx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xReNeGaDe RioTx
#15
11-30-2006
Default

Well, sir, it was hypocrytical because you said that you do not think that all christians are crazy and then right after that you said that you think pretty much all christians are crazy, wich compleltly refutes your previous statement.
Renegade can be found in the Debate forum.
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Darth Hulk's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chillin' with Splinter
Posts: 2,905
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
#16
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xReNeGaDe RioTx View Post
Well, sir, it was hypocrytical because you said that you do not think that all christians are crazy and then right after that you said that you think pretty much all christians are crazy, wich compleltly refutes your previous statement.
Oh right. What I meant was I don't think that all Christians are bad Christians. He was misintrepting my disdain for Christianity with mixing the "good" Christians in with the "bad" ones. I think all Christians are crazy with regards to their religious beliefs, but I can differentiate between the so-called "good" ones and the "bad" ones.


TMNT
xReNeGaDe RioTx
Level 11
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 73
Subtract from xReNeGaDe RioTx's ReputationAdd to xReNeGaDe RioTx's Reputation xReNeGaDe RioTx is a novice
Send a message via AIM to xReNeGaDe RioTx
#17
11-30-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post
Oh right. What I meant was I don't think that all Christians are bad Christians. He was misintrepting my disdain for Christianity with mixing the "good" Christians in with the "bad" ones. I think all Christians are crazy with regards to their religious beliefs, but I can differentiate between the so-called "good" ones and the "bad" ones.


TMNT
Thank you for clearing that up. It is deffinantly a lot more logical than your previous responce.
Renegade can be found in the Debate forum.
Rebal771
1 of the original 10,656
Rebal771's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Liverpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,256
Subtract from Rebal771's ReputationAdd to Rebal771's Reputation Rebal771 is a n00b
#18
12-01-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hulk View Post
Oh right. What I meant was I don't think that all Christians are bad Christians. He was misintrepting my disdain for Christianity with mixing the "good" Christians in with the "bad" ones. I think all Christians are crazy with regards to their religious beliefs, but I can differentiate between the so-called "good" ones and the "bad" ones.


TMNT
No no no...I understand the difference completely. There is an idea on one side...and there are believers of an idea on the other side. I have no problem with you trying to say that "Christianity" (the belief) is stupid, cause that's your opinion...My problem lies in the fact that you say (or someone else says) "Christians believe" or "Christians are _(derrogatory comment about the BELIEVERS of the idea)_". You don't have to believe what I believe...but making ignorant statments about all people in the class of "Christian Belief" tells me that you can't tell the difference between the "good ones" and the "bad ones". So, I try and draw a line in there to show you the difference. If you recognized it subconsciously...it doesn't reflect in your post, so I take another step towards my goal by bringing it to the surface.

This is mainly for future reference, just because it's an issue that hasn't been faced DIRECTLY...or at least...I wasn't involved in that discussion when it happened.

I'm not trying to make a huge deal out of this situation...I'm just trying to make sure that it's been addressed. I'm not trying to point out every single time that you've screwed up your words...I'm just asking you to be conscious of your wording as we discuss these things. I know that a few people on here HAVE been guilty of this action...and I suspect you may have been one of them at one time or another. I would almost guarantee it...but this isn't supposed to be a major ordeal.

I'm not going to go back through everyone's posts and dig up the evidence...cause like I said...this is for FUTURE reference...not really to prove myself right and get into an argument about stuff we've discussed already.

Anyway...I'm probably done with this one.

I think the point is clear.

THANKS SOLID................................& STORMS!!!

Not mentioned in sig: <3 Lammie
Darth Hulk
Level 34
Darth Hulk's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chillin' with Splinter
Posts: 2,905
Subtract from Darth Hulk's ReputationAdd to Darth Hulk's Reputation Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame Darth Hulk is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Darth Hulk Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Hulk Send a message via Skype™ to Darth Hulk
#19
12-01-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebal View Post
No no no...I understand the difference completely. There is an idea on one side...and there are believers of an idea on the other side. I have no problem with you trying to say that "Christianity" (the belief) is stupid, cause that's your opinion...My problem lies in the fact that you say (or someone else says) "Christians believe" or "Christians are _(derrogatory comment about the BELIEVERS of the idea)_". You don't have to believe what I believe...but making ignorant statments about all people in the class of "Christian Belief" tells me that you can't tell the difference between the "good ones" and the "bad ones". So, I try and draw a line in there to show you the difference. If you recognized it subconsciously...it doesn't reflect in your post, so I take another step towards my goal by bringing it to the surface.

This is mainly for future reference, just because it's an issue that hasn't been faced DIRECTLY...or at least...I wasn't involved in that discussion when it happened.

I'm not trying to make a huge deal out of this situation...I'm just trying to make sure that it's been addressed. I'm not trying to point out every single time that you've screwed up your words...I'm just asking you to be conscious of your wording as we discuss these things. I know that a few people on here HAVE been guilty of this action...and I suspect you may have been one of them at one time or another. I would almost guarantee it...but this isn't supposed to be a major ordeal.

I'm not going to go back through everyone's posts and dig up the evidence...cause like I said...this is for FUTURE reference...not really to prove myself right and get into an argument about stuff we've discussed already.

Anyway...I'm probably done with this one.

I think the point is clear.

Crazy has nothing to do with good or bad. I think Christians are crazy with regard to their beliefs. It's the reason I don't ask them for advice or for their opinion on certain subjects because their reasoning is tainted in my opinion. If you have a problem with the word choice of crazy, well that's your problem, it's the most convenient word in my arsenal to describe the phenomenon of Christian thinking. You are assuming that my calling Christians crazy is referring to the totality of their thinking, when it is in fact not. The only I find them crazy in is their beliefs.

There isn't anything wrong with the fact that they think/believe what they do, I just find it crazy. It's the same thing as thinking that homosexual sex is gross. If I were to say that I find man on man action to be extremely disturbing (which I do), that doesn't mean that I hate homosexuals or think any less of them. Nor does it mean I think they should stop having sex. They can do what they want, I don't care, just like Christians can think/believe what they want. My statements are merely observations of behavior.

The only reason I lump them all into the crazy category is because by definition of the word Christian, I find aspects of your way of thinking to be flat out crazy. If you have a problem with that, hen so be it, but from your post, I don't think you completely understand what I'm saying yet.


TMNT
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off