Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Gage
VIP just not in the group
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
08-13-2014
Default Halo: MCC Stats App

I just read [this] article and just wrote some of my own algorithms for how I want this app to work.

But as soon as the game comes out and our stats are available for grabbing off 343i's website, you can bet your ass that I'll have an app out that will show you what your current XP is (even if their website doesn't show it visually), how much XP you need to rank up to your next level, how much XP needed to get to 50, how many games that will take (basing it on an average XP against your total games) and much more.

It's going to be awesome.
Here's a preview. It's so ugly because it's literally like 30 seconds of UI work.

But what you're seeing there is before a game starts, you can type in the other team's ranks (it'll remember yours and/or grab it from online sources) and it will tell you whether you'll rank up or rank down if you win, or lose, that game.

I have too many ideas. I've written them all down, I've got my algorithms working and I'm stoked to see what all I can do by poking their packet information and seeing what stats I can grab.

This being said, "Twitch Tool," and "Tournament Manager" both have updates coming out soon.
Smithers
Level 14
Subtract from Smithers's ReputationAdd to Smithers's Reputation Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided
08-13-2014

this is good. will it be on iphone?
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
08-13-2014

it feels like you're trying to do too much man...

AIM: Eh titanium

Gage
Subtract from Gage's ReputationAdd to Gage's Reputation Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000 Gage IS OVER 9000
08-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
this is good. will it be on iphone?
I have absolutely no experience coding on iPhone or Android platforms, but that is the end-goal, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
I sit at my desk all day and stare at the computer and answer phone calls. I have been programming for 6 years now; I have a folder with 1,217 different programs in it. It gives me something to do.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-13-2014

I like that you're taking on everything with such enthusiasm man. Super cool to see....just really hope you don't overwhelm yourself with multiple projects and everything.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Gage
08-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
I like that you're taking on everything with such enthusiasm man. Super cool to see....just really hope you don't overwhelm yourself with multiple projects and everything.
I have been doing this for a very long time.
When I was a global/super mod at 7Sins and leader of their competitive modding team, I was releasing applications all the time.

It's just odd to you guys because you've never seen me take charge here. I kind of just lurk and correct people's grammar from time to time.

But with the release of this new game, it's giving me new motivation. I'd like to release a bunch of the programs I made back in 2005-2009.
Smithers
Level 14
Subtract from Smithers's ReputationAdd to Smithers's Reputation Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided Smithers is bustin' chills and getting paided
08-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
the kind of stuff he is working on will only benefit the community. if it doesn't work out then at least he tried. seems to me like destruction gets enjoyment out of the things he is working on, plus he's one out of a small group of members actually making moves right now. i'm kind of surprised on some of your posts when you recently made a thread about cleaning up the forums. you know just as well as anyone at thf that this time before the release of mcc is crucial to expanding this community, a post from an elder such as yourself saying someone is doing too much is just silly in my opinion.
Titanium
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
08-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage View Post
I have absolutely no experience coding on iPhone or Android platforms, but that is the end-goal, yes.

I sit at my desk all day and stare at the computer and answer phone calls. I have been programming for 6 years now; I have a folder with 1,217 different programs in it. It gives me something to do.
just don't want you to try and handle too many things at once. instead of trying to do 20 different things at 50%, i'd rather see you shrink that number down and focus on a few things at 100%

I have no doubt you think you can handle it all but truthfully we're still 3 months away and it's only going to get more hectic.

with that said, I have a couple ideas I could use your knowledge and expertise on, think you can help me when I get them formulated finally?

Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
08-13-2014

Quote:
the kind of stuff he is working on will only benefit the community. if it doesn't work out then at least he tried. seems to me like destruction gets enjoyment out of the things he is working on, plus he's one out of a small group of members actually making moves right now. i'm kind of surprised on some of your posts when you recently made a thread about cleaning up the forums. you know just as well as anyone at thf that this time before the release of mcc is crucial to expanding this community, a post from an elder such as yourself saying someone is doing too much is just silly in my opinion.
I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Unless I'm completely misreading what you're saying here.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Titanium
08-13-2014

Quote:
I am not trying to say he's doing too much good, I just meant he is juggling a lot already and he is trying to come up with even more. hard to believe he can try and do 10+ things and offer 100% effort on them. in other words, it's easier to go 100% at a handful of things than 10, 12, 15 things.

I have no doubt gage can help the community, and he is in the small group of us trying to get stuff moving, but I think his efforts would be better utilized if he shifted his focus onto a few crucial components of what is needed rather than trying to shore up everything else that we need