Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-14-2014

Of course YouTube opens up the remotest possibility of monetization, which can possibly offset some costs.
Spoiler!
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Of course YouTube opens up the remotest possibility of monetization, which can possibly offset some costs.
Even if it's just a well organized page of youtube streams it would still be a start. It would be a great way to showcase this websites best material.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-14-2014

This is something we should get someone who already has a somewhat successful YouTube channel to manage. Like Crest.
Spoiler!
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
06-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
This is something we should get someone who already has a somewhat successful YouTube channel to manage. Like Crest.
Thomasxp5 already has a decent youtube channel. this is something we need to advertise through our competition and individual montages. I think it'd be a good idea to make a community montage now, to kinda promote the channel and the forum itself. get FBwalshy to upload it, whoever else is big these days. promote 3 things, the youtube channel, the forum itself, and the competition.

a downloads page would be amazing though, I really miss having that, but you guys are right, a youtube channel with a ton of content is a good start

AIM: Eh titanium

Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
06-14-2014

https://www.youtube.com/user/Halo5Follower

Does anyone know this person personally?
BxSouljah
GET THE FCK OUT MY FACE!
Subtract from BxSouljah's ReputationAdd to BxSouljah's Reputation BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000 BxSouljah IS OVER 9000
CyReN
Banned
Subtract from CyReN's ReputationAdd to CyReN's Reputation CyReN is legendary CyReN is legendary CyReN is legendary
06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
Not ATM

Unless we have a crazy high # of unique visitors I'm unaware of

Beyond ent is, they've got 343i staff and pros posting there

It's basically the old mlg forums

Luckily though we have a good relationship with them or at least I do
Thanks.

Members like yourself, Skolls, Scarecrow, etc are great ambassadors for this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
Yeah, I'm not trying to start competition by saying this. I think Beyond really took a step foreword and raised the bar when it came to Halo related websites and forums. However, them being more competitive oriented gives us an advantage of people able to showcase some really neat shit. We've always been more of a montage kid sort of place.

I think a front page along with a videos page would be a great place to start.
Front page is important for news, could work well with the right staff. Just have to find the right people that are good. If you can't, use the top section more actively. The top section of the site gets pretty dated and doesn't have relevant news for the Halo community a lot of the times. I'm not sure if this is a admins option or whatnot but they aren't doing good.

---------

I've only skimmed the thread, but the OP is pretty much dead on. You guys were the Halo site for members like me from 2005-2008ish. Great montages, discussions, contests etc but the lack of leadership coupled with Halo titles not living up to their predecessors hurt this Halo community site a lot. You guys have to stop living off your past accomplishments and start working on new ones, and it starts with just about everything listed. This site is completely toxic to newcomers and myself and I visit less and less every month.

I wish you guys the best of luck, we'll be having your montage contest on the Beyond forums and we'll moderate to make sure it's positive. If you guys ever have questions/etc feel free to PM me when I stop by. I wish you guys the best of luck in the future.

ps: I don't think you'll be able to buy the site btw, last I heard he wanted $10k for it.

Last edited by CyReN; 06-15-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReN View Post
Thanks.

Members like yourself, Skolls, Scarecrow, etc are great ambassadors for this site.

Front page is important for news, could work well with the right staff. Just have to find the right people that are good. If you can't, use the top section more actively. The top section of the site gets pretty dated and doesn't have relevant news for the Halo community a lot of the times. I'm not sure if this is a admins option or whatnot but they aren't doing good.

---------

I've only skimmed the thread, but the OP is pretty much dead on. You guys were the Halo site for members like me from 2005-2008ish. Great montages, discussions, contests etc but the lack of leadership coupled with Halo titles not living up to their predecessors hurt this Halo community site a lot. You guys have to stop living off your past accomplishments and start working on new ones, and it starts with just about everything listed. This site is completely toxic to newcomers and myself and I visit less and less every month.

I wish you guys the best of luck, we'll be having your montage contest on the Beyond forums and we'll moderate to make sure it's positive. If you guys ever have questions/etc feel free to PM me when I stop by. I wish you guys the best of luck in the future.

ps: I don't think you'll be able to buy the site btw, last I heard he wanted $10k for it.
thanks for the kind words. we will get him down from 10k believe me

AIM: Eh titanium

Scarecrow
Vol So Hard!!!
Subtract from Scarecrow's ReputationAdd to Scarecrow's Reputation Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000 Scarecrow IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Scarecrow Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyReN View Post
Thanks.

---------

Classy post
Support THF
Follow https://twitter.com/The_Halo_Forum
Like https://www.facebook.com/TheHaloForum
Sub https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHaloForumChannel
Watch http://www.twitch.tv/thehaloforum

Sub to me also :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScarecrowIzAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUSEDGOAT View Post
IMaggot's footage is extremely solid, and Scarecrow has the clips almost no one else has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
HaloMaggot and Scarecrow seem the be the dynamic duo if its about getting original clips :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by komoto5 View Post
ritchie(maggot) is fun to make fun of because he's fat and does cocaine and he overselpt at mlg dallas last year and jesse(scarecrow) well hes just hella tight
CyReN
Banned
Subtract from CyReN's ReputationAdd to CyReN's Reputation CyReN is legendary CyReN is legendary CyReN is legendary
06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
thanks for the kind words. we will get him down from 10k believe me
We tried that, good luck.