Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Titanium
an attractive implication
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Titanium
06-10-2014
Default it's time to clean up

with both new members and old members coming back because of yesterdays news, it's time to clean up thf a little bit. I am going to list a few things I think would help improve the forum before november 11th, the day halo is back on the map. I would like input from you all, the members who make this place.

whether you be a new member, an old member who has resurfaced, or someone who has been here through the 'bad' years. let's make this place an attraction again, we have the name, we have a decent fan base, and now we have the games coming back (and staying) to make thf a force again.

let's get down to it shall we?

Quote:
WE NEED Z BACK

whoever can get in touch with Z, needs to do so and discuss whether he cares enough about thf to come back and make worthwhile efforts to get this ship straight again, or we need to ask him to sell. I am sure pistol will be interested, and if not, maybe some of us can buy it as a group. once we get more permission than we have now, we will be able to do a lot more stuff to the actual forum to entice new members to both make an account, and keep coming back, as well as to interest the old members to come back and stay, such as:

creating a new skin, banner, and sections, if needed. Davo has already volunteered to spend time on making a new skin, let the man do it. i've seen his skins that he's linked and they actually look great.

A COMPLETE new set of rules for the ENTIRE forum expand on what Nv1 did, though don't use his exact rules. Slater has had some great ideas when it comes to rules, I say we give him free reign to come up with something and pass it on through the proper channels, get it perfect, and instate it as soon as possible. a lot of new members will be joining, newer, stricter rules will be needed if we are interested in keeping them, and I know this might make some older members unhappy, but it's completely up to you all how strict the rules will be and how tightly they will be enforced

start from scratch with the VIP's. have the community vote, the mods vote, or whatever, but we need a new crop, or at least, remove some inactives and add some new guys. the thing I'm concerned with is the people who have good ideas and good points getting buried because they don't have the proper channel to run their ideas through. Get the right people in VIP, the kind that can communicate, can take criticism constructively and allow the community to get their say without blowing them off in favor of their own opinions and ideas.

Just a thought, VIP isn't a huge deal to me because I know they do good work now but I'd just like some input from the community on the matter. it's a good idea for what we will need with competitions and stuff, it's time to scrap what we have and start over.

remove most of the mods, get new mods in who will do the job correctly. also, sectional mods, for all 4 halos. I think it'd be pretty easy to pick 4 or 5 mods to be just sectional mods, with no power in any section besides their designated section.

re-do the sections, re organize them. get them set up so that it is easy and seamless to maneuver from the halo 1 forum to halo 2 to halo 3 and to halo 4. I say we get rid of a couple of the sections, including: Halo: Reach (last post 6 days ago, simply no activity), Gaming Videos (simply no activity, only 53 threads made in over 5 years!), Hardware & Software (last post 4 WEEKS AGO!) not to mention all the surgery we need to perform on the current sections, taking out old, outdated rules and replacing them with new rules and guidelines, making it easier to understand what type of content should and will be encouraged and what type of content will be discouraged.

let's get something set up in a secure account where members can donate year round. whether a contest or competition is open or not, for the next contest/competition. so, say we have this account open now, for the current contest, whatever is donated until the polls close will be added to the prize fund for the competition. then the day after that, if people would like to donate, they can do so for the next competition, even if it has not been announced or even thought of. this insures contests and competitions will stay prevalent and stay around, and we will never have to worry about a big fundraiser or rely on getting a sponsor.

there is PLENTY more to discuss, so this is where I will stop until after work. for now, i'd like to get all of you guys' opinions on what I had to say, as well as offering up your own lists/suggestions for what we could possibly do to fix this place up a little bit. I know that you all are excited, like me, to finally be able to play the games that brought us all here in the first place, nearly a decade ago. let's not miss this opportunity to be a halo forum again, and with that said, I open this thread to the community. let's hear what you all have to say, you are the reason this forum is still here, and you will be the reason this forum rises back to some semblance of what it used to be.

we have 5 months to do something for this huge release, I say we make the changes as big as the release that we all have been waiting for. this is where I stop talking and you start

some things that we have thought of that could be implemented in the coming months:

Quote:
- a forum arcade with card games such as blackjack, and texas hold em where you can join the arcade and be at 'the table' with other forum members at any given time.

- a streaming service under each members username that is a button that is a direct link to their stream, it also tells you if the player is live and what game they are streaming. easy, one click access for any user, guest, or member.

- monthly tournaments for all the halo games (maybe once mcc comes out) including team games, FFA's, and 1v1's

- consistent and engaging contests and competitions where members will have the opportunity to win cash prizes, rewards, and other goodies by releasing videos.

- premium membership, where users who choose to buy a membership will receive special offers, access, and other prizes.

- updated forum graphics, banners, skins, navigation and sections (this will all probably be worked out in the rebuild)

- an updated downloads page, where members can download any video that has been released (that there is still a copy of)

- updated staff with dedicated, active members

- general re organization, from sections, to staff, to content, to how things are run. I am sure nv1 will take care of all this, i'm just putting it in list form

ideas/input from the community to go back and talk about later:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Titanium; 06-26-2014 at 06:19 AM.
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
06-10-2014

Con i like this buddy.

Nothing really happens without Z, just worth pointing that out, does he still own only half the forum???
Would be nice to have a better method for voting on videos to be paged. Should be a group completely seperate from every other group with years of experience on the forum and with video making.
Agree with the VIP thing as well: I can put up with Scarecrow abusing his power (can they still infract? yah that needs to go) from time to time because he actually stimulates really good discussions by posting links and updates (look no farther than the mater chief collection thread) and does other shit like that which i think everyone can appreciate. I have barely seen any of the others publicly taking initiative to do anything productive outside of Klima and those involved involved the new comp. And Sher being the only person in the past several months to actually get forum kids to play together. An update or reset might go a long way.

Would be nice to have the full halo 2 section back tbh.

I said it once a while back and got blown off: An actual youtube channel with content creators making exclusive content for a THF channel. I would be happy to help set that up with the other active youtubers that post actively in the halo sections.
LOST IN TIME

Titanium
Subtract from Titanium's ReputationAdd to Titanium's Reputation Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000 Titanium IS OVER 9000
06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk0ls View Post
Con i like this buddy.

Nothing really happens without Z, just worth pointing that out, does he still own only half the forum???
Would be nice to have a better method for voting on videos to be paged. Should be a group completely seperate from every other group with years of experience on the forum and with video making.
Agree with the VIP thing as well: I can put up with Scarecrow abusing his power (can they still infract? yah that needs to go) from time to time because he actually stimulates really good discussions by posting links and updates (look no farther than the mater chief collection thread) and does other shit like that which i think everyone can appreciate. I have barely seen any of the others publicly taking initiative to do anything productive outside of Klima and those involved involved the new comp. And Sher being the only person in the past several months to actually get forum kids to play together. An update or reset might go a long way.

Would be nice to have the full halo 2 section back tbh.

I said it once a while back and got blown off: An actual youtube channel with content creators making exclusive content for a THF channel. I would be happy to help set that up with the other active youtubers that post actively in the halo sections.

I agree with all of those. scarecrow does do a fantastic job at being a VIP. I think between he and klima they can both set up the VIP staff, I trust them. it's kind of tricky to get a dedicated group of people to decide what gets front paged or not, but I am not saying it's impossible. I think we can get 5 members who everyone can agree deserves to have that power, in fact it'd be easy to get 5 members, what's hard is making sure at least 3 of those 5 are available at all times, what with busy schedules, unforeseen events, and the differing timezones members have here.

an actual full blown h2 section would be great, as well as h1 imo. they both garner enough attention and playtime to warrant a full blown section for each. h3 might also, but I know for sure halo 2 will.

I too would like to help with the forum youtube. I think thomas already has a pretty decent sized one, with lots of videos and the right names, perhaps you, thomas, someone and I can volunteer to run it and get it organized like it should be, make it very simple to get videos uploaded that will be hosted/announced on the front page, and get every video released here on our channel. in order to do that, we will need to promote download links not enough people these days provide one, but with the quality of videos that will surely be released after MCC is out, I think we will need to encourage this both to build the base of the youtube channel with videos, which will attract subscribers, as well as keep these videos organized so we can grow the montage archive

AIM: Eh titanium

Titanium
06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns Fan View Post
This is for the mods,your not a colored member n00b
first order of business if we're serious about making this place a better halo forum, get rid of this idiot

seriously, just ban him, he will not be missed

Spence
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Spence's ReputationAdd to Spence's Reputation Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000 Spence IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Spence
06-10-2014

suns fan your posts make me want to kill myself.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
06-10-2014

I agree with most of these my dude. I think its time for a new order. I haven't been super active in the Off Topic section, but I've been back in the VIP area for the past month (probably) and I will say this. Every VIP that I see in there IS trying to get things worked up. Trust me when I say that.

I'm not 100% I agree with brining in a new group of VIP's. I mean if there are some who completely have abandoned the forum, then that's ok, but honestly, we are working pretty hard in there trying to organize stuff, plus work on the Youtube channel and keep content on there.

Also, we just brought in some new VIP's.

One more thing.....abuse power? If we have power, then I do not. I've always known there were some VIP's with certain capabilities, but I've never had any of those lol.

Sk0ls....I'm mailing your maps out a day this week btw.

I really agree with this list, except for the VIP thing....that section is being active and productive.
Titanium
06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
I agree with most of these my dude. I think its time for a new order. I haven't been super active in the Off Topic section, but I've been back in the VIP area for the past month (probably) and I will say this. Every VIP that I see in there IS trying to get things worked up. Trust me when I say that.

I'm not 100% I agree with brining in a new group of VIP's. I mean if there are some who completely have abandoned the forum, then that's ok, but honestly, we are working pretty hard in there trying to organize stuff, plus work on the Youtube channel and keep content on there.

Also, we just brought in some new VIP's.

One more thing.....abuse power? If we have power, then I do not. I've always known there were some VIP's with certain capabilities, but I've never had any of those lol.

Sk0ls....I'm mailing your maps out a day this week btw.

I really agree with this list, except for the VIP thing....that section is being active and productive.
I agree that as a whole the VIPs currently aren't bad. I do think however that some peoples efforts have gone unnoticed and underappreciated, while others who are VIPs efforts have been over appreciated.

The VIP thing isn't a huge deal but I think some people who have some valuable input and stuff to add should be added

Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
06-10-2014

you still miss the ball on VIP and whine about some are added for no reason but besides that you have some good input.

Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
06-10-2014

I agree and I know some people either get busy (myself) or some people just begin to shy away from Halo and move on. That's the main reason the VIP sections really isn't consistent. But with that being said, I do believe we have a solid group of VIP's.

I use to be on a website (a forging site) where there were actual jobs within a specific user group. I thought it was EXTREMELY well organized and I think it really helped the site run smoothly and kept everything fun and in order.

So like the VIP group may need looked at. What we could do is just get rid of inactive VIP's, then have a community vote on bringing in 3-5?

After that I would totally pitch this idea to the entire forum. I can work it up tonight and make a thread tomorrow morning. If people like it, I don't see why we couldn't make it happen.

This is why I think it would be a good idea within the VIP section.

Right now people kind of look at us as the content managers in a way since we do vote on what is being hosted...not only that we are also organizing the Video contests, trying to get some game nights going and running the Youtube.

All of this is kind of being jumbled since we all don't want to step on each others toes and other things along that line. So I think having specific titles within the VIP group would be cool.

Just a thought.

I'll also try to think of some things I think would help the forum out before the release date.
Titanium
06-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitplague View Post
you still miss the ball on VIP and whine about some are added for no reason but besides that you have some good input.
I'm past that. Why people are added, who was added I could care less. The thing I'm concerned with is the people who have good ideas and good points getting buried because they don't have the proper channel to run their ideas through. Get the right people in VIP, the kind that can communicate, can take criticism constructively and allow the community to get their say without blowing them off in favor of their own opinions and ideas.

Just a thought, VIP isn't a huge deal to me because I know they do good work now but I'd just like some input from the community on the matter.