Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat O 101
So wait where did these inorganic molecules come from? Are you saying that energy from the sun caused inorganic molecules to turn into small living things(i.e. bacteria), then in turn these living things turned into animals, then these animals developed and became humans? If so, can you explain? And if humans, evolved from other living things, why is that humans have not evolved into anything?

Okydoky.

Inorganic compounds from inorganic compounds. http://www.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise...gy/miller.html

This is the experiment I am talking about. Its a simple read for you. Just one of the theories about the start of life. NOT the only one.

And to understand you completely, you want me to take you through step by step from bacteria to humans? 4.5 billion years of evolution or would you like me to awnsers some specific part of it that you don't understand. Without you doing some background research on the subject I don't think I have the time to take you step by step. Too much typing. Start by reading every post in this thread, then ask me a bit more specific questions. That is like me asking you to take me line by line through the whole quaran.

I can explain each step but if you specify where you don't understand, it will save me a lot of time.

As for your more specific question why havn't humans evolved into something else:

1. Species don't always evolve into something else. I.E. extinction. Some just die out.

2. Evolution takes a long time and is not something you are ever going to see in humans unless a great tragedy happens wich in that case both you and I will most likely be dead. Otherwise you would have to skip 100,000 years in time to see any noticable changes in us, if we live that long.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
MLG Shinobi
Level 19
Subtract from MLG Shinobi's ReputationAdd to MLG Shinobi's Reputation MLG Shinobi is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Okydoky.

Inorganic compounds from inorganic compounds. http://www.chem.duke.edu/~jds/cruise...gy/miller.html

This is the experiment I am talking about. Its a simple read for you. Just one of the theories about the start of life. NOT the only one.

And to understand you completely, you want me to take you through step by step from bacteria to humans? 4.5 billion years of evolution or would you like me to awnsers some specific part of it that you don't understand. Without you doing some background research on the subject I don't think I have the time to take you step by step. Too much typing. Start by reading every post in this thread, then ask me a bit more specific questions. That is like me asking you to take me line by line through the whole quaran.

I can explain each step but if you specify where you don't understand, it will save me a lot of time.

As for your more specific question why havn't humans evolved into something else:

1. Species don't always evolve into something else. I.E. extinction. Some just die out.

2. Evolution takes a long time and is not something you are ever going to see in humans unless a great tragedy happens wich in that case both you and I will most likely be dead. Otherwise you would have to skip 100,000 years in time to see any noticable changes in us, if we live that long.
I think you meant organic compounds from inorganic compounds, right?

What I understood from the link is that big bang theory WITH theories developed after the experiment Miller made, together, explain the origin of living things. This is because the inorganic compounds would need a great amount of energy from the sun to turn into organic compounds and the big bang theory supposedly explains the origin of things such as the sun in the solar system. Do you agree with this?

Can you explain how substances such as amino acids can join together to form a fully functional single-celled organism(would this be a specific question?...lol)?
gamertag: Enigma 90
Send me a f/r for MLG FFA (make sure to include mlg ffa in the text)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG Shinobi
Carbon will beat FB at Orlando, someone quote me on this
and they did...

Last edited by MLG Shinobi; 03-18-2006 at 07:37 PM.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:

What I understood from the link is that big bang theory explains the origin of livings. This is because the inorganic compounds would need a great amount of energy from the sun to turn into organic compounds and the big bang theory supposedly explains origin of things such as the sun in the solar systm. Do you agree with this?

Big ban explains the origin of the universe. One of the possible explanations. It is seperate from the theories on the origin of life.

Origin of life would be from radiation from the sun interacting with the chemical compounds on earth.

This is another theory, the one with the best evidence right now.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
Subtract from MLG Shinobi's ReputationAdd to MLG Shinobi's Reputation MLG Shinobi is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Big ban explains the origin of the universe. One of the possible explanations. It is seperate from the theories on the origin of life.

Origin of life would be from radiation from the sun interacting with the chemical compounds on earth.

This is another theory, the one with the best evidence right now.
But, the the theory of the sun interacting with chemical compounds could not exist without the big bang theory, right?

Quote:
and they did...
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

Quote:

What I understood from the link is that big bang theory WITH theories developed after the experiment Miller made, together, explain the origin of living things. This is because the inorganic compounds would need a great amount of energy from the sun to turn into organic compounds and the big bang theory supposedly explains the origin of things such as the sun in the solar system. Do you agree with this?

Can you explain how substances such as amino acids can join together to form a fully functional single-celled organism(would this be a specific question?...lol)?
Yes I would agree with it. Keep in mind this is one theory, or one combination of theories. It is just the best one we have right now. The origin of life is extremely complicated to just develop a theory on it is hard. Evolution is much more of a fact that those theories are.

As for the amino acids thing:

Amino acids are not what join together to form an organism. AA's are the blueprints for proteins and RNA's that make you up. They are what make up DNA. Your DNA is identical to a fungus. Both the same blue prints, same language if you will.

DNA would of been a later development. DNA would of come after the organism as a later refinement of a much more crude system, possible a pure chemical bases method or replication that is no longer in use. There are chemists messing around with this right now but it really doesn't have any real information that is valuable to us. Its like studying a language that there is no record of and no one uses anymore.

The make up of an early organism would of had a simple makeup. No record of this has been found though to my knowledge, only in theory so far.

Can you clarify your question on AA's, b/c I am not too sure what you really want me to awnser.

EDIT: Your last post that is. . Well the radiation wouldn't exist without the sun so the sun is necessary. Not the theory on how it came to be.

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
03-18-2006

Quote:
Yes I would agree with it. Keep in mind this is one theory, or one combination of theories. It is just the best one we have right now. The origin of life is extremely complicated to just develop a theory on it is hard. Evolution is much more of a fact that those theories are.

As for the amino acids thing:

Amino acids are not what join together to form an organism. AA's are the blueprints for proteins and RNA's that make you up. They are what make up DNA. Your DNA is identical to a fungus. Both the same blue prints, same language if you will.

DNA would of been a later development. DNA would of come after the organism as a later refinement of a much more crude system, possible a pure chemical bases method or replication that is no longer in use. There are chemists messing around with this right now but it really doesn't have any real information that is valuable to us. Its like studying a language that there is no record of and no one uses anymore.

The make up of an early organism would of had a simple makeup. No record of this has been found though to my knowledge, only in theory so far.

Can you clarify your question on AA's, b/c I am not too sure what you really want me to awnser.

EDIT: Your last post that is. . Well the radiation wouldn't exist without the sun so the sun is necessary. Not the theory on how it came to be.
Amino Acids only served as an example. I did not mean to imply that they were the only source or means for the process to occur. I understand that many other substances would be needed for this process to occur. What Im trying to say is that, what substances would be neede for this process to occur and how could small substances (i.e.amino acids) develop to form a fully functional single-celled organism? Do you understand what Im trying to say?

Quote:
and they did...
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

Well you can look at the development of any organism for that awnser. It starts with a reproducable and inheritable compound (DNA) then processes into more and more complicated compounds (proteins, lipids, carbohydrates) then even more development (layers, cell boundaries, microtubules) and even more (organs).

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by an excerpt from the link
There has been a recent wave of skepticism concerning Miller's experiment because it is now believed that the early earth's atmosphere did not contain predominantly reductant molecules. Another objection is that this experiment required a tremendous amount of energy. While it is believed lightning storms were extremely common on the primitive Earth, they were not continuous as the Miller/Urey experiment portrayed. Thus it has been argued that while amino acids and other organic compounds may have been formed, they would not have been formed in the amounts which this experiment produced.
What does this exactly mean?, that they could NOT have been formed or just that very few amounts of this could have ACTUALLY formed?

Quote:
and they did...
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

First off: Do you have msn? If so, PM me it.

Second: That means that the odds of it happening in nature at any given moment are beyond the odds of me winning powerball, twice.

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
03-18-2006

Quote:
First off: Do you have msn? If so, PM me it.

Second: That means that the odds of it happening in nature at any given moment are beyond the odds of me winning powerball, twice.
lol...Id prefer AIM, but one last question. Sorry about asking you this in an evolution debate section, but what was occuring BEFORE the big bang theory?

Quote:
and they did...