Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
02-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragg
a lot of scientists refer to the bible sort of as a geological MAP, which they use to find ancient artifacts, such scrolls and ancient temples, it has worked SOO well for them, not only that but the bible has perdicted many outcomes in history that have already occured..the bible/GOD say the bible is 100% correct so if scientists already proved that some of it is correct well...you do the math!
This is not a thread to discuss whether the bible is valid or not.

We are discussing the facts behind Evolution. How did it become a fact form a theory. Like I said, in a 100,000 million years will know the truth.

MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragg
a lot of scientists refer to the bible sort of as a geological MAP, which they use to find ancient artifacts, such scrolls and ancient temples, it has worked SOO well for them, not only that but the bible has perdicted many outcomes in history that have already occured..the bible/GOD say the bible is 100% correct so if scientists already proved that some of it is correct well...you do the math!
Wrong thread. Unprovable, untestable and other crazy thoughts go in the Religion section.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
DevilKingX
Level 12
Subtract from DevilKingX's ReputationAdd to DevilKingX's Reputation DevilKingX is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to DevilKingX
02-14-2006

According to UC Berkeley, Biological evolution, simply put, is "...descent with modification. This definition encompasses small-scale evolution (changes in gene frequency in a population from one generation to the next) and large-scale evolution (the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations)."

Additionally, all current lifeforms have evolved from common ancestors of the past. We determine common ancestors by DNA analysis, psychological and physical traits. Evolution assumes form from natural circumstances such as climate change and predation.

Evolution, however, is NOT a result of intelligent design / a "creator". Intelligent design is simply hypothetical without scientific backing because it begs to question whether the creator exists or not? There's no way of knowing. Sure, the idea of intelligent design is easy to understand since lifeforms are so specifically designed that they can only be created by a being on a higher metaphysical level, but it's impossible to determine that, and that's why intelligent design is a complete farse.
GT: DevilKingX
Send a FR message saying "H2F" for automatic approval.
DO NOT spam clan invites, or future requests from you will be blocked.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-14-2006

^^^^^ ok. . . but do you have any questions about it?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

MarkedAchilles
02-24-2006

I have found some work being done on simple RNA systems that replicate without protein help or products. They are catalyzed by Zinc. No need for any proteins, enzymes etc. This would be a siimple model for the beginning of life. The problem right now with it is the power source, ATP would of been unstable in an early earth environment so an alternative form of power would of been needed.

ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
02-24-2006

Yeah but they are not as complex as proteins. Just cause they can replicate without ptrotein help doesn't mean our human genome evolved in such a way.

MarkedAchilles
02-24-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan
Yeah but they are not as complex as proteins. Just cause they can replicate without ptrotein help doesn't mean our human genome evolved in such a way.
They are much more complex than proteins. They can act like proteins and make proteins. Fold just like them, modified just like them only in more detail.

I just found the research and was reading about it and thought it was interesting, it is all speculation at an origin mechanism.

MarkedAchilles
03-03-2006

What the hell are you talking about? Are you on an acid trip?

If you don't know anything about it, don't talk about it.

Froggy618157725
Level 31
Subtract from Froggy618157725's ReputationAdd to Froggy618157725's Reputation Froggy618157725 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Froggy618157725 Send a message via MSN to Froggy618157725 Send a message via Yahoo to Froggy618157725
03-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Br@ss II
In the middle of him talking, I took his watch (a $550 one) and smashed it on the table. He yells at me and I say, if your theory is true, put that in a container and in a few thosand years it will be a watch again. Ever since then he has been an avid creationist.
I pity the scientist who gives up science for that...

Evolution has come a long way since Darwin. We know we are not direct descendants of Apes. We also know for a fact that genetic mutation occurs. We've manipulated genentics. We have caused fruits and vegetables to be larger and sweeter for our own consumption through selective breeding, along with other processes. Evolution occurs, and we can watch it. We have messed with it. We even have a good ideal on how it can occur. We do not know how life began, though we're working on that.

Do you believe that G_d is entirely irrational? That He could not create a system that makes sense? Science does not deny religion. Religion tries to deny science. Although that's not quite true... Some religious people try to deny science.

It makes a lot of sense for evolution to occur. Of course humans are going to mess with the environment, and even if they don't, the system changes. Things must be able to adapt. Mutations allow for adaptation. Instead of dieing out, life can slowly spread.

The bible does not gointo detail about how everything was accomplished. It is not a cookbook by which to create our own universe. Disbelieveing science due to old interpratations set up by a power-hungry organization that would do almost anything to preserve its power doesn't seem all that wise.

gah.... This is why we have seperation of church and state... The church has historically prevented progress and taken away from our knowledge of the workings of the physical world.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Thanks to Shystie for avatar
BiShoP
Killing Kittens for Fun
Subtract from BiShoP's ReputationAdd to BiShoP's Reputation BiShoP is a novice
Send a message via AIM to BiShoP
03-05-2006

Can you explain the Miller experiment, and is it feasable to believe his data?
H 2 F R e G s