Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
Marked, there's...nothing you can do.
This still good practice. I am sure next week I will have at least a few students like this.

I hate shitty Highschools. Seriously. I fucking hate them.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
08-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
I am that jackass biology professor. University of Northern Iowa.

That is not the definition of a scientific theory. Read more in the thread. You should be able to understand most of it. I will help you with the big words. And try posting in that evolution thread of you are going to talk about it. I will be moving all new posts to that thread from now on anyways. And don't copy and paste something you just googled and say, hell I knew that. That is just dumb.

EDIT: If it is beyond you, just let me know and I will stop replying to you.

Lol, sure run off to the technicalities, thoery or scientific theory, they are still speculative. And don't be so quick to attempt to belittle me by saying I googled something - because I didn't, I merely used the Merriam-Webster definition so that you could look it up yourself.

Now, do you want to have a real discussion about this, or do you want to try to insult me with petty insults about big words and such. Because don't assume that you are the only one on this forum with a doctorate. And as for the high school kid thing.....lol never mind.

Since you are a bio prof, than you are at least familier with the scientific method.

And knowing that you should at least know that the theory that you so proudly defend fails to live up to your own communities standards of testing. So please, spare the petty insults and start presenting some logical, sensible evidence - not vast technicalities and speculation that you and a few members of the scientific community rely so heavily on. Thx.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
08-13-2006

*Sits back and grabs popcorn*

This'll be horribly one-sided.

Elmo <3
northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
Send a message via AIM to northwest Send a message via MSN to northwest
08-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
Lol, sure run off to the technicalities, thoery or scientific theory, they are still speculative. And don't be so quick to attempt to belittle me by saying I googled something - because I didn't, I merely used the Merriam-Webster definition so that you could look it up yourself.

Now, do you want to have a real discussion about this, or do you want to try to insult me with petty insults about big words and such. Because don't assume that you are the only one on this forum with a doctorate. And as for the high school kid thing.....lol never mind.

Since you are a bio prof, than you are at least familier with the scientific method.

And knowing that you should at least know that the theory that you so proudly defend fails to live up to your own communities standards of testing. So please, spare the petty insults and start presenting some logical, sensible evidence - not vast technicalities and speculation that you and a few members of the scientific community rely so heavily on. Thx.
Marked has his phD?

True, I am going to go get popcorn as well. I want some entertainment tonight.
Midpoint
Level 40
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
08-13-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest
Marked has his phD?

True, I am going to go get popcorn as well. I want some entertainment tonight.

I would certainly hope so - unless he got in with his masters.

Doesn't matter though - one thing I have noticed from years of teaching younger people, is that they tend to deal with arguments in the simple and logical mindset and approach.

And you know what - that makes sense.

Its us older and "educated" individuals who try to take these giant leaps and make these great displays of these guesses and theories to boost our ego and validate our years of education and expense of finances to get it.

And whats the outcome?

With all this education and speculation, we end up nowhere even to the point of disputing simple logic with ridiculous technicalities and speculation - just to make a frenzied effort to justify and hold on to what we believe, instead of accepting and admitting that we are wrong, and changing our viewpoint (which by the way I doubt I will accomplish with one over the internet)

So if he wants to assume that I am some high-school sophmore struggling with puberty and pimples, than fine - go ahead - try to talk above my head. lol - its actually entertaining.
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Diseases evolve genious. Including cancer.

You can pray for a cure or study the disease. Guess wich one will fix the problem first.
Religion give us hope. The single most important thing in life. Hope is what keeps us going, what makes us believe that tomorrow could be a better day.

Believing in evolution just kills that. It's just like christians pushing their religion on scientist; scientists also push evolution onto us. One of believes the other is going to hell for their beliefs and the other part believes that the other side is ignorant because of our beliefs.

I do believe in micro evolution but not in the macro evoluton concept like i have explained to you before. There is no proof of the macro-evolution theory just an explanation of time.

I know viruses mutate and evolve into much lethal diseases. But think about the treatment for cancer at this moment, how are this treatmetns realted to advances in science do to evolution? Their not. Radiation and chemotherapy are medival treatments that just involve injecting the patients with a non-lethal dose of some poison or radioactive substance to combat the cancer cells.

Also many of the known viruses to date even the most deadly ones are man made even though the the WHO doesn't recognise this fact. When I mean man made I mean that the virus or disease was created by accident during some attempt to discover some other cure for some other disease.

There are mommets in your life Achilles where only hope will be the only thing of value in your life. Life can take everything away from you and only hope will be there to get you through it.

northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
Send a message via AIM to northwest Send a message via MSN to northwest
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan
Religion give us hope. The single most important thing in life. Hope is what keeps us going, what makes us believe that tomorrow could be a better day.

There are mommets in your life Achilles where only hope will be the only thing of value in your life. Life can take everything away from you and only hope will be there to get you through it.
There once was a dog, and bingo was his name-o.
General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed Lemon
*Sits back and grabs popcorn*

This'll be horribly one-sided.
I just got here, what did I miss?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
Midpoint
Level 40
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan

Look Ekattan, I respect your convictions and your arguements - but I'm afraid to tell you that posts like this will not leave an impression on Marked or people like him.

Truthfully said - they often find them entertaining.

People that debate like this usually want to talk in terms of numerical statistics (even if they pull them out of their crack) and great studies by people with quite a few letters behind their name.

They want to speak of studies by "esteemed" individuals that produce a ton of frivolous info - and explains nothing.

When someone makes an argument that is partially fueled by arrogance - it is highly unlikely that they will humbly admit that hope in a salvation or a Creator (which they doubt the existence of) is important or that they will look to it.

I sincerely mean no offense to you - please don't take this as an insult.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-14-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
I would certainly hope so - unless he got in with his masters.

Doesn't matter though - one thing I have noticed from years of teaching younger people, is that they tend to deal with arguments in the simple and logical mindset and approach.

And you know what - that makes sense.

Its us older and "educated" individuals who try to take these giant leaps and make these great displays of these guesses and theories to boost our ego and validate our years of education and expense of finances to get it.

And whats the outcome?

With all this education and speculation, we end up nowhere even to the point of disputing simple logic with ridiculous technicalities and speculation - just to make a frenzied effort to justify and hold on to what we believe, instead of accepting and admitting that we are wrong, and changing our viewpoint (which by the way I doubt I will accomplish with one over the internet)

So if he wants to assume that I am some high-school sophmore struggling with puberty and pimples, than fine - go ahead - try to talk above my head. lol - its actually entertaining.
There ya go kiddo. I merged the threads. Now try reading the whole thing.

Once again, I will help you with what you don't understand and pimples too if ya want.

There is a reason why those esteemed people are esteemed too. And a reason why your food is safe, why medicine works, and rockets fly. If you don't take the time to read the whole thread and actually debate about evolution, I am not going to reply to you here anymore.

Northwest - no PhD yet, working on that now.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 08-14-2006 at 04:56 PM.