Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Arctic Monkey
Level 11
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Newcastle, England
Posts: 50
Subtract from Arctic Monkey's ReputationAdd to Arctic Monkey's Reputation Arctic Monkey is a novice
#181
08-12-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest
it doesn't go against the Bible.

Furthermore, are you telling me that you never got the chance to learn about evolution? Everyone has a chance to learn about it.

It is only the idiot christians who think evolution can't be possible.

I'm from England, but I know of states in America, where the teaching of Evolution is banned, now if you are brought up your whole life believing that Evolution is wrong and that this whole creation theory is correct then you aren't going to pursue into the evolution theory

it's obvious which one is in fact true, evolution is a proven theory. It doesn't take a genius to see the patterns in animals throughout the years.

But people are being led to believe against this when the religous ideas hinder their education

northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 2,242
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
Send a message via AIM to northwest Send a message via MSN to northwest
#182
08-12-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Monkey
I'm from England, but I know of states in America, where the teaching of Evolution is banned, now if you are brought up your whole life believing that Evolution is wrong and that this whole creation theory is correct then you aren't going to pursue into the evolution theory

it's obvious which one is in fact true, evolution is a proven theory. It doesn't take a genius to see the patterns in animals throughout the years.

But people are being led to believe against this when the religous ideas hinder their education

Until we can all accept the fact that GOD and evolution can go hand-in-hand, then people will have a problem teaching it in school.

We all know by now that both can be possible, we just have to get over that obstacle.
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#183
08-12-2006
Default

Good ol Kansas. Missouri too. Both have banned evolution for religious reasons.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
`NthErik.'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 9,263
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
#184
08-12-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Both have banned evolution
Heh, sounds dangerous.

KING RAMSEY
Level 17
KING RAMSEY's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ohio
Posts: 352
Subtract from KING RAMSEY's ReputationAdd to KING RAMSEY's Reputation KING RAMSEY is a novice
Send a message via AIM to KING RAMSEY
#185
08-13-2006
Default

Yes, Americans against all odds manage to hold on to their beliefs and values.

^^thanks Phurion^^
Angelina.Loves.Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTH1uM
i perm banned you by accident, thought you were SiR RaMSeY's second acct. ran an ip check and found out you werent.

my apologies!
Midpoint
Level 40
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,381
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
#186
08-13-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Actually nope. When you graduate college you realize you don't know shit.

It like walking into another world where you thought were only four doors of information and realizing that behind each of those doors is a room with a billion doors of information.

Even after gradschool I don't know shit and never will (in comparison to how much shit there is to know).

EDIT: One of things I do know is that the number one reason people deny evolution is because of religion. And that is also the dumbest thing to do. Anyone that looks at the facts with their own eyes knows that one has nothing to do with the other and that one of those is a certainty.
No, its like walking in a world where "experts" try to twist thinking all around...and end up..well.. nowhere.

Many people don't believe in evolution because it simply is illogical and doesnt make sense. There is no certainty of evolution in the fossil record or anything else - that is why to this day evolution is still referred to as a theory.

Evolution strives to explain production without a producer, or a process of producing - and that my friend (contrary to what you said) is the dumbest thing to do.

Last edited by Midpoint; 08-13-2006 at 10:35 PM.
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#187
08-13-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
No, its like walking in a world where "experts" try to twist thinking all around...and end up..well.. nowhere.

Many people don't believe in evolution because it simply is illogical and doesnt make sense. There is no certainty of evolustion in the fossil record or anything else - that is why to this day evolution is still referred to as a theory.

Evolution strives to explain production without a producer, or a process of producing - and that my friend (contrary to what you said) is the dumbest thing to do.
Holy crap.

Go to the evolution thread and post there. You need an education.

http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=45162

Secondly I do not think you guys know what a theory is. I believe I have explained that in the evolution/biology thread as well.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 08-13-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Midpoint
Level 40
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,381
Subtract from Midpoint's ReputationAdd to Midpoint's Reputation Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary Midpoint is legendary
Send a message via AIM to Midpoint
#188
08-13-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Holy crap.

Go to the evolution thread and post there. You need an education.

http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=45162

Secondly I do not think you guys know what a theory is. I believe I have explained that in the evolution/biology thread as well.

Lol, after reading the first two pages of your evolution thread I'm done. Buddy you seek to answer questions in the same way that many scientists and so-called esteemed intellecutuals do - by running around in circles without any sensible explanation. Whether evolution is used to explain the history, or beginning, it still has to have some point of initiation, and it must have history stemming from that point.

Lol, I dont know what a theory is? Here are a few definitions:

1. Abstract thought: speculation
2: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation; an unproved assumption
3. a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered (not proven) to explain phenomena

Apparantly, instead of attempting to insult my educational achievements (which you are very ignorant of) you need to think logically, instead of trying to prove a speculative point based on what some jackass biology professor taught you.
MarkedAchilles
MarkedAchilles's Avatar
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, Fl
Posts: 8,298
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
#189
08-13-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpoint
Lol, after reading the first two pages of your evolution thread I'm done. Buddy you seek to answer questions in the same way that many scientists and so-called esteemed intellecutuals do - by running around in circles without any sensible explanation. Whether evolution is used to explain the history, or beginning, it still has to have some point of initiation, and it must have history stemming from that point.

Lol, I dont know what a theory is? Here are a few definitions:

1. Abstract thought: speculation
2: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation; an unproved assumption
3. a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered (not proven) to explain phenomena

Apparantly, instead of attempting to insult my educational achievements (which you are very ignorant of) you need to think logically, instead of trying to prove a speculative point based on what some jackass biology professor taught you.
I am that jackass biology professor. University of Northern Iowa.

That is not the definition of a scientific theory. Read more in the thread. You should be able to understand most of it. I will help you with the big words. And try posting in that evolution thread of you are going to talk about it. I will be moving all new posts to that thread from now on anyways. And don't copy and paste something you just googled and say, hell I knew that. That is just dumb.

EDIT: If it is beyond you, just let me know and I will stop replying to you.


-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section


Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 08-13-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Cursed Lemon
Darren Helm's Bitch
Cursed Lemon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 14,766
Subtract from Cursed Lemon's ReputationAdd to Cursed Lemon's Reputation Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000 Cursed Lemon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Cursed Lemon Send a message via MSN to Cursed Lemon Send a message via Yahoo to Cursed Lemon
#190
08-13-2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
I am that jackass biology professor. University of Northern Iowa.

That is not the definition of a scientific theory. Read more in the thread. You should be able to understand most of it. I will help you with the big words. And try posting in that evolution thread of you are going to talk about it. I will be moving all new posts to that thread from now on anyways. And don't copy and paste something you just googled and say, hell I knew that. That is just dumb.

EDIT: If it is beyond you, just let me know and I will stop replying to you.
Marked, there's...nothing you can do.


Elmo <3
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off