Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
Send a message via AIM to northwest Send a message via MSN to northwest
08-12-2006

Evolution doesn't even necessarily contradict with believing in God, but a lot of people interrept it that way.
mrmuushu
Level 31
Subtract from mrmuushu's ReputationAdd to mrmuushu's Reputation mrmuushu is a novice
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Diseases naturally evolve. And very quickly.

My post was not directed at you, no worries. But to anyone that has graduated from college this should be common knowledge.
One year left. Then I shall know all.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuushu
One year left. Then I shall know all.
Actually nope. When you graduate college you realize you don't know shit.

It like walking into another world where you thought were only four doors of information and realizing that behind each of those doors is a room with a billion doors of information.

Even after gradschool I don't know shit and never will (in comparison to how much shit there is to know).

EDIT: One of things I do know is that the number one reason people deny evolution is because of religion. And that is also the dumbest thing to do. Anyone that looks at the facts with their own eyes knows that one has nothing to do with the other and that one of those is a certainty.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621

Last edited by MarkedAchilles; 08-12-2006 at 12:25 PM.
northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
08-12-2006

Im going to grad school, and you continue to keep thinking to yourself, "man, i was an idiot a year ago". It's true.

It's like changing from middle school to high school. IM sure all of you guys experienced this.

Well, the same goes from high school to college, and it seems every year in college does it as well. freshman to sophomore to junior and so on.

Experiencing life and your changes is an incredible thing.
mrmuushu
Level 31
Subtract from mrmuushu's ReputationAdd to mrmuushu's Reputation mrmuushu is a novice
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Actually nope. When you graduate college you realize you don't know shit.

It like walking into another world where you thought were only four doors of information and realizing that behind each of those doors is a room with a billion doors of information.

Even after gradschool I don't know shit and never will (in comparison to how much shit there is to know).

EDIT: One of things I do know is that the number one reason people deny evolution is because of religion. And that is also the dumbest thing to do. Anyone that looks at the facts with their own eyes knows that one has nothing to do with the other and that one of those is a certainty.
Oh I already realize I know nothing. I'm to busy trying to decide what to do with my life.
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwest
Evolution doesn't even necessarily contradict with believing in God, but a lot of people interrept it that way.
Yeah, I think even the Pope has said one time that it doesn´t, not sure on that though.

northwest
BAN-tastic mod
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NthErik.
Yeah, I think even the Pope has said one time that it doesn´t, not sure on that though.
Yea, he has.

I believe in evolution and God.
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
08-12-2006

Quote:
Yea, he has.

I believe in evolution and God.
All right! That makes you a forum pro in my book.

Arctic Monkey
Level 11
Subtract from Arctic Monkey's ReputationAdd to Arctic Monkey's Reputation Arctic Monkey is a novice
08-12-2006

Quote:
thats the beautiful thing about America

we all have the right to choose, and we are choosing it.

You aren't choosing though, schools are banning the teaching of evolution because it goes against the word of the bible, certainly doesn't sound like free choice to me...

northwest
BAN-tastic mod
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Monkey
You aren't choosing though, schools are banning the teaching of evolution because it goes against the word of the bible, certainly doesn't sound like free choice to me...
it doesn't go against the Bible.

Furthermore, are you telling me that you never got the chance to learn about evolution? Everyone has a chance to learn about it.

It is only the idiot christians who think evolution can't be possible.