Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
cthulu4769
Dubious Doppelgänger
Subtract from cthulu4769's ReputationAdd to cthulu4769's Reputation cthulu4769 is a novice
08-11-2006

Its safe to say that we are wrongheaded dumbasses.
Tomistdabomb
Level 12
Subtract from Tomistdabomb's ReputationAdd to Tomistdabomb's Reputation Tomistdabomb is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Tomistdabomb Send a message via MSN to Tomistdabomb
08-12-2006

Yes, Americans against all odds manage to hold on to their beliefs and values.
GTs=lMLGl LuNaR, XxDutchSurferxX

SUDDENIMPACT FOR PRESIDENT
ekattan
Level 37
Subtract from ekattan's ReputationAdd to ekattan's Reputation ekattan is stuck in campaign mode
Send a message via MSN to ekattan
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Ignoring genetics and evolution is REALLY going to get people far. . .
Come on man. People just don't buy that shit. I know your are being sarcastic but tell me in what way will believing evolution help my life?

Lets say my mom is sick with cancer, and the only hope I have left is a miracle from God. The only thing that keeps me going is that little hope that she will make a recovery because of some miracle or blessing from God. How the fuck will believing in evolution help me with this?

`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekattan
Come on man. People just don't buy that shit. I know your are being sarcastic but tell me in what way will believing evolution help my life?

Lets say my mom is sick with cancer, and the only hope I have left is a miracle from God. The only thing that keeps me going is that little hope that she will make a recovery because of some miracle or blessing from God. How the fuck will believing in evolution help me with this?
Well it doesn´t have to help you with everything...

mrmuushu
Level 31
Subtract from mrmuushu's ReputationAdd to mrmuushu's Reputation mrmuushu is a novice
08-12-2006

I'm with ekattan on this one. How will the knowledge of evolution help me? The genetics side of it I understand. They could find ways to fix the genes that cause disease and stuff like that but as for evolution, I just don't get it.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-12-2006

Diseases evolve genious. Including cancer.

You can pray for a cure or study the disease. Guess wich one will fix the problem first.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
northwest
BAN-tastic mod
Subtract from northwest's ReputationAdd to northwest's Reputation northwest is a novice
Send a message via AIM to northwest Send a message via MSN to northwest
08-12-2006

good point ekattan

the truth is, whatever a person believes is helping them, that makes all the difference in the world.

if people put their trust in God instead of evolution, then that puts incredible hope in them. Nothing else matters really.
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
08-12-2006

Evolution is central to the study of disease, all diseases. I am guessing you didn't know that. Obviously you didn't know that.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

mrmuushu
Level 31
Subtract from mrmuushu's ReputationAdd to mrmuushu's Reputation mrmuushu is a novice
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
Evolution is central to the study of disease, all diseases. I am guessing you didn't know that. Obviously you didn't know that.
You are right. I wasn't thinking of that. I was thinking more along the lines of natural evolution than the adaptive evolution that a treatment might cause a disease to do. No need to be so snippy though.
MarkedAchilles
08-12-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmuushu
You are right. I wasn't thinking of that. I was thinking more along the lines of natural evolution than the adaptive evolution that a treatment might cause a disease to do. No need to be so snippy though.
Diseases naturally evolve. And very quickly.

My post was not directed at you, no worries. But to anyone that has graduated from college this should be common knowledge.