Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Bill
Ocean Breathes Salty
Subtract from Bill's ReputationAdd to Bill's Reputation Bill is a novice
03-18-2006

Nice thread i have a question but we were studying this in science all this week
yeah so darwin saw that natural selection that was evident in the galopogos islands but why was there such a differences in these islands why not other places?
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Echoes I
Nice thread i have a question but we were studying this in science all this week
yeah so darwin saw that natural selection that was evident in the galopogos islands but why was there such a differences in these islands why not other places?

Genetic drift and isolation. Species on that island were/are isolated and able to adapt to very specific niches. Meaning they are extrememely original and not found elsewhere. Able to remain undisturbed till we landed there and killed a lot of the species. They were unique, but from a genetic standpoint it would be the genetic drift and isolation part.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat O 101
lol...Id prefer AIM, but one last question. Sorry about asking you this in an evolution debate section, but what was occuring BEFORE the big bang theory?
No idea on that. Nothing I would guess. Life elsewhere. Space is pretty damm big so life was probably somewhere or energy, and some transfer to where we are and the explosion gave our universe. Not really my field.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
Subtract from MLG Shinobi's ReputationAdd to MLG Shinobi's Reputation MLG Shinobi is a novice
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles
No idea on that. Nothing I would guess. Life elsewhere. Space is pretty damm big so life was probably somewhere or energy, and some transfer to where we are and the explosion gave our universe. Not really my field.
Wait, I thought that the Big Bang theory explained the origin of space as well(Im not too sure about this), but if so space did not exist before the big bang theory.

EDIT: And if it does not, what scientific theory explains the origin of space?
gamertag: Enigma 90
Send me a f/r for MLG FFA (make sure to include mlg ffa in the text)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG Shinobi
Carbon will beat FB at Orlando, someone quote me on this
and they did...

Last edited by MLG Shinobi; 03-18-2006 at 08:37 PM.
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

Origin of the universe, not space. The stuff inside of space, not the giant vacume it resides in.

http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy...se/b_bang.html

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
Subtract from MLG Shinobi's ReputationAdd to MLG Shinobi's Reputation MLG Shinobi is a novice
03-18-2006

I edited my post. What scientific theory, then explains the origin of space?
Sorry about bombarding you with all these questions...lol.

Quote:
and they did...
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

There isn't one. Since there is no evidence so far it cannot be scientific. Anything that would consider itself to be a theory of something before nothing would not be science.

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
03-18-2006

Quote:
There isn't one. Since there is no evidence so far it cannot be scientific. Anything that would consider itself to be a theory of something before nothing would not be science.
Why is there no evidence? Space, however, is not nothing. It IS something. Wait, I thought science had all the answers? Am I missing something here? Why have scientists attempted to explain the origin of the universe when they have not even explained the origin of space?

Quote:
and they did...
MarkedAchilles
03-18-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat O 101
Why is there no evidence? Space, however, is not nothing. It IS something. Wait, I thought science had all the answers? Am I missing something here? Why have scientists attempted to explain the origin of the universe when they have not even explained the origin of space?
Do I detect a tone? Science is the explanation of the known world. Not the unknown. Why did you think that science has the awnser to everything? There is evidence for the origin of the universe, not the origin of space. We only deal with evidence. Not daydreams.

MLG Shinobi
Level 19
03-18-2006

Quote:
Do I detect a tone? Science is the explanation of the known world. Not the unknown. Why did you think that science has the awnser to everything? There is evidence for the origin of the universe, not the origin of space. We only deal with evidence. Not daydreams.
As an atheist then(not as a scientist), what is your explanation for the origin of space?

Quote:
and they did...