Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
-Player movement feels sluggish. I'm not talking about the new abilities like boost slam, sprint, thrusters and grapple, etc, I'm talking about the regular player movement. It's just way too slow for what this game is trying to be, and it doesn't match correctly. Also, swapping weapons is incredibly slow. If they want this to be competitive, they at least have to make it so you can swap weapons fast.

-I hate this color filter that they're using. It makes Midship look washed out and foggy, due to all the glare. It not only affects the maps, but it heavily affects the scopes while in ADS, and especially the energy sword. I feel like they're just making it hard to track and see people, for the sake of making it hard. Also, I'm having a hard time seeing any kind of weapons on the ground. They need to make 'em slightly highlighted or something. They're just hard to see.

-Like others have said, I don't like the kill cam, or how its implemented. No timer, inconsistent times with the cam or even if you back out, etc. If they made it more consistent, I probably wouldn't mind so much, but right now it just feels a bit too wonky.

-A slight nerf to AR. Mainly in range. That thing is now a consistent medium range weapon. I don't even feel the need to pick up anything else, unless I see an SMG. With these maps, and how small they are, the AR and SMG just melt people with ease from medium to close range. I think a nerf in overall range would help the BR and DMR stand out more, but right now, I don't see a point in picking anything up other than the sniper. The AR is just too good.

-Fuckin vibration. What the hell were they thinking?! And I'm sure this will be fixed when its released, but good god, talk about incompetence.

-I'm not a fan of Empire. And this is what is scaring me already. It's the main reason why I hated H4, and I just hope the maps next week are better, but right now, the only original map we've seen, and I already don't like it. And it's the main reason why I'm not enjoying this beta. Which brings me to the next point....

-Why are they only letting us play 2 maps a week? Who's idea was this? When they told us we would get to play on 7 maps and 2-3 different playlists, I was kinda expecting to be able to play them all the entire 3 weeks, and not be relegated to only 2 a week. After about 30 min, I'm bored with it, and wanna go play something else. If I enjoyed both maps thoroughly, maybe I could see it, but I'm not a fan of Empire, so now I have no choice but to play it every other match.

I dunno, I don't mind the new player mechanics, and think it's an ok game(not great), but I'm just not enjoying the beta, so I'm not gonna play that much this week. This may just be the most monotonous beta I have ever played. There's no variety to it, at all. Hopefully next week they give us better maps, but we'll see. I hate to sound like a downer, but I'm not that hopeful for this game. Again, for me, this is mainly going to come down to my enjoyment on the maps. And if I find that I don't like any of the original maps in this beta, I doubt I'll pick this up when it's released.
Thanks for taking the time to write this out! I've heard other complain about the lighting so I put it in the list!

It's interesting to see you didn't like Empire and how there are conflicting thoughts on it. Just look at Doodles comment above yours on how he praises the map. I personally like it myself, it really works for how H5 plays imo. How do you think they could make Empire a better map?
Exidrion
Meow.
Subtract from Exidrion's ReputationAdd to Exidrion's Reputation Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin'
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F ShocK View Post
I have a suggestion:

Don't release this piss awful game.
You've complained about this game like 17 times and haven't provided any basis for it yet at all
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidrion View Post
You've complained about this game like 17 times and haven't provided any basis for it yet at all
Sounds like the majority of Halo players when a new game is introduced.
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
12-30-2014

Quote:
Please be mature. That means no 343bola circle jerking. Just leave a comment with logical reasoning behind it, without sounding like a dick. Saying things like "take sprint out cuz it sucks, and it ruined halo, fuck 343" does not add anything to the discussion or helping the growth of the community/franchise.
As said in my original post.
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
12-30-2014

Forgot to mention that horrible magnetism glitch.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidrion View Post
It's a legitimate suggestion.

343 has successfully pissed off about 85% of its own fanbase with MCC and the H5 Beta. I think it'd be wise not release it (based on feedback given from the rest of the community). They keep shooting themselves in the foot.
chico 93
Level 30
Subtract from chico 93's ReputationAdd to chico 93's Reputation chico 93 is on the rise to fame chico 93 is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to chico 93
12-30-2014

Games not bad at all just not a fan of the "competitive ranking" system i think its the worst ranking system ive seen but hopefully they fix that other than that i mean the ussal bs not being able to find games having to reset my halo all the time but thats been an issur with MCC and also hope they add another playlist and maybe 2 more maps to the beta cause idk how long i can handle two maps for 20 days lol
Twitter: @Amastrocicco
GT: CHICO 93
www.youtube.com/chico10193

Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
Forgot to mention that horrible magnetism glitch.
?
Exidrion
Meow.
Subtract from Exidrion's ReputationAdd to Exidrion's Reputation Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin' Exidrion is osageballin'
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F ShocK View Post
It's a legitimate suggestion.

343 has successfully pissed off about 85% of its own fanbase with MCC and the H5 Beta. I think it'd be wise not release it (based on feedback given from the rest of the community). They keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Why do you think halo 5 is bad?
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico 93 View Post
Games not bad at all just not a fan of the "competitive ranking" system i think its the worst ranking system ive seen but hopefully they fix that other than that i mean the ussal bs not being able to find games having to reset my halo all the time but thats been an issur with MCC and also hope they add another playlist and maybe 2 more maps to the beta cause idk how long i can handle two maps for 20 days lol
What don't you like about the competitive ranking system? (I need more detail to put it in the list)

MCC had no excuse for not finding games and having to reset, but Halo 5 is still in beta so I let that shit slide.

Next week there will be new maps and BR starts.