Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
Muhzzy
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Muhzzy's ReputationAdd to Muhzzy's Reputation Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000 Muhzzy IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

Why are people complaining about not being able to betray your teammates?

Lost in Time

Follow All THF Social Media Sites Below!!

GT - Muhzzy
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhzzy View Post
Why are people complaining about not being able to betray your teammates?
Friendly fire has always been apart of Halo. It adds a certain element I feel like. It was taken out in H4 and basically felt like a safety net in my opinion.
ayellowsnowball
Level 22
Subtract from ayellowsnowball's ReputationAdd to ayellowsnowball's Reputation ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin' ayellowsnowball is osageballin'
Send a message via AIM to ayellowsnowball
12-29-2014

THey gotta put in after death kills and medals. How am I supposed to know if I stuck someone after I died? Other than that im starting to like this game
Sub to me on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/user/ayellowsnowball/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The XXL View Post
I've only seen that one Reach stick by AYS, and it was nice, but I hated pretty much all of his H3 stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
You are the new aged Dusst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhis View Post
also fuck anybody that tells you what's good enough for your montage.
Marksman
Obedience
Subtract from Marksman's ReputationAdd to Marksman's Reputation Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

The black screen and complete silence that happens for 2 seconds everytime you die.

Also, if you skip the killcam as fast as possible, you are still stuck for a little bit watching your teammates. There's no countdown, and it varies from being 1 to 4 seconds of deadtime where you could be spawning. It's not only really annoying to have to wait, but I never know exactly when I will spawn. Needs fixing.

[1/2/15]

Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

Added! Thanks for posting in this thread and not being dickheads! I'm really liking the game so far. With a few tweaks this could be a very solid Halo.
Doodlepop
Level 9000
Subtract from Doodlepop's ReputationAdd to Doodlepop's Reputation Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000 Doodlepop IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Doodlepop Send a message via Yahoo to Doodlepop
12-30-2014

First Day Of H5 Beta Impressions

As an old Halo fan myself, we all must come to terms that the "classic Halo" we came to know in and love is dead and gone. With that said it's important to note I came into this with a fresh mind and no opinions made based off gameplay videos.

I'm more than aware that the H3 and Reach beta were both praised. Only to have the final product to disappoint everyone. But this feels different. I hopped on early afternoon yesterday and played most of the day. I mostly played with a To4 and I had loads of fun. I ended the night just below a Semi Pro ranking.

General Thoughts

The gameplay flows very well. The abilities that I thought were game ruining were really not that annoying after all. Within a few games I had an easy feel for all of them and I was able to thrust and clamber with ease. Both feel very natural by the way. The classic feel is gone, but they've finally figured out how to add these abilities into the game and make them feel right. Sprint obviously allows you to get away from situations you shouldn't, but with the shield not recharging a good team will have no problem cleaning the kill up. Overall I think the game plays much better than Reach and H4. Another thing, Smart scope/ ADS feels fine.

Map Thoughts

So for week one we have two maps. Empire and Truth. Truth being the middy remake and Empire being a new map. I like both maps, but I really like Empire. I think it's the best map 343 has created since they've acquired the Halo name. The symmetrical bases, and two snipers located outside and inside create some awesome gameplay and team work. Within a few games it became clear that holding the outside is key to victory. I compare this map to Reach's Countdown but much better. Truth is fun, but there needs to be more BR/ DMR spawns for AR/ Pistol start. It's too easy for a team to hold down Pink and Car (which is much more important this time around with the added cover.) and destroy people spawning with ARs bottom mid.

Weapon Thoughts

All weapons are pretty balanced with each other.

BR/ DMR - I enjoyed using the BR and DMR. Hit boxes are much smaller than recent Halo's, so you really have to land your shots. They did a good job of balancing these two weapons to each other.

AR - This thing is like a sniper. The range is crazy and it melts you so fast if you don't pay attention. They definitely need to figure out a way to make this gun less OP. At least you don't feel helpless when using it

SMG - Same thing as AR pretty much. You'd be surprised how much range this thing has.

Pistol - It's fun, and provides a great backup weapon.

Sniper - I LOVE IT. Say what you guys want about it being slow, but I find this weapon tons of fun to use. Way better than the H4 and Reach sniper.

Sword - They need to increase the range on this thing. Make it power weapon status like in H2, except allow it to run out of energy like recent Halo's. I played a lot of games on Truth where you barely see this thing.

Misc. Thoughts

We need a vibration option! Within a few games I got used to it. Still though, I haven't used vib since 06. It's annoying.

Emblems? Hopefully these will be in the final product.

I'll add more to this as I play. I apologize for any misspellings/ errors. I'm on my phone.
XBL - Stoodlepop :: PSN - MindlesssDribble

Witness the future of classic Halo content. Lost In Time.

Last edited by Doodlepop; 12-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Travesty
n00b (level 8)
Subtract from Travesty's ReputationAdd to Travesty's Reputation Travesty is legendary Travesty is legendary Travesty is legendary
12-30-2014

-Player movement feels sluggish. I'm not talking about the new abilities like boost slam, sprint, thrusters and grapple, etc, I'm talking about the regular player movement. It's just way too slow for what this game is trying to be, and it doesn't match correctly. Also, swapping weapons is incredibly slow. If they want this to be competitive, they at least have to make it so you can swap weapons fast.

-I hate this color filter that they're using. It makes Midship look washed out and foggy, due to all the glare. It not only affects the maps, but it heavily affects the scopes while in ADS, and especially the energy sword. I feel like they're just making it hard to track and see people, for the sake of making it hard. Also, I'm having a hard time seeing any kind of weapons on the ground. They need to make 'em slightly highlighted or something. They're just hard to see.

-Like others have said, I don't like the kill cam, or how its implemented. No timer, inconsistent times with the cam or even if you back out, etc. If they made it more consistent, I probably wouldn't mind so much, but right now it just feels a bit too wonky.

-A slight nerf to AR. Mainly in range. That thing is now a consistent medium range weapon. I don't even feel the need to pick up anything else, unless I see an SMG. With these maps, and how small they are, the AR and SMG just melt people with ease from medium to close range. I think a nerf in overall range would help the BR and DMR stand out more, but right now, I don't see a point in picking anything up other than the sniper. The AR is just too good.

-Fuckin vibration. What the hell were they thinking?! And I'm sure this will be fixed when its released, but good god, talk about incompetence.

-I'm not a fan of Empire. And this is what is scaring me already. It's the main reason why I hated H4, and I just hope the maps next week are better, but right now, the only original map we've seen, and I already don't like it. And it's the main reason why I'm not enjoying this beta. Which brings me to the next point....

-Why are they only letting us play 2 maps a week? Who's idea was this? When they told us we would get to play on 7 maps and 2-3 different playlists, I was kinda expecting to be able to play them all the entire 3 weeks, and not be relegated to only 2 a week. After about 30 min, I'm bored with it, and wanna go play something else. If I enjoyed both maps thoroughly, maybe I could see it, but I'm not a fan of Empire, so now I have no choice but to play it every other match.

I dunno, I don't mind the new player mechanics, and think it's an ok game(not great), but I'm just not enjoying the beta, so I'm not gonna play that much this week. This may just be the most monotonous beta I have ever played. There's no variety to it, at all. Hopefully next week they give us better maps, but we'll see. I hate to sound like a downer, but I'm not that hopeful for this game. Again, for me, this is mainly going to come down to my enjoyment on the maps. And if I find that I don't like any of the original maps in this beta, I doubt I'll pick this up when it's released.

Last edited by Travesty; 12-30-2014 at 01:02 PM.
H2F ShocK
H2F OG
Subtract from H2F ShocK's ReputationAdd to H2F ShocK's Reputation H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000 H2F ShocK IS OVER 9000
12-30-2014

I have a suggestion:

Don't release this piss awful game.
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlepop View Post
First Day Of H5 Beta Impressions

As an old Halo fan myself, we all must come to terms that the "classic Halo" we came to know in and love is dead and gone. With that said it's important to note I came into this with a fresh mind and no opinions made based off gameplay videos.

I'm more than aware that the H3 and Reach beta were both praised. Only to have the final product to disappoint everyone. But this feels different. I hopped on early afternoon yesterday and played most of the day. I mostly played with a To4 and I had loads of fun. I ended the night just below a Semi Pro ranking.

General Thoughts

The gameplay flows very well. The abilities that I thought were game ruining were really not that annoying after all. Within a few games I had an easy feel for all of them and I was able to thrust and clamber with ease. Both feel very natural by the way. The classic feel is gone, but they've finally figured out how to add these abilities into the game and make them feel right. Sprint obviously allows you to get away from situations you shouldn't, but with the shield not recharging a good team will have no problem cleaning the kill up. Overall I think the game plays much better than Reach and H4. Another thing, Smart scope/ ADS feels fine.

Map Thoughts

So for week one we have two maps. Empire and Truth. Truth being the middy remake and Empire being a new map. I like both maps, but I really like Empire. I think it's the best map 343 has created since they've acquired the Halo name. The symmetrical bases, and two snipers located outside and inside create some awesome gameplay and team work. Within a few games it became clear that holding the outside is key to victory. I compare this map to Reach's Countdown but much better. Truth is fun, but there needs to be more BR/ DMR spawns for AR/ Pistol start. It's too easy for a team to hold down Pink and Car (which is much more important this time around with the added cover.) and destroy people spawning with ARs bottom mid.

Weapon Thoughts

All weapons are pretty balanced with each other.

BR/ DMR - I enjoyed using the BR and DMR. Hit boxes are much smaller than recent Halo's, so you really have to land your shots. They did a good job of balancing these two weapons to each other.

AR - This thing is like a sniper. The range is crazy and it melts you so fast if you don't pay attention. They definitely need to figure out a way to make this gun less OP. At least you don't feel helpless when using it

SMG - Same thing as AR pretty much. You'd be surprised how much range this thing has.

Pistol - It's fun, and provides a great backup weapon.

Sniper - I LOVE IT. Say what you guys want about it being slow, but I find this weapon tons of fun to use. Way better than the H4 and Reach sniper.

Sword - They need to increase the range on this thing. Make it power weapon status like in H2, except allow it to run out of energy like recent Halo's. I played a lot of games on Truth where you barely see this thing.

Misc. Thoughts

We need a vibration option! Within a few games I got used to it. Still though, I haven't used vib since 06. It's annoying.

Emblems? Hopefully these will be in the final product.

I'll add more to this as I play. I apologize for any misspellings/ errors. I'm on my phone.
Really liked this write up man! Thanks for taking the time to make it! I'm having a blast as well, yesterday was fun as fuck! Please continue to write things down as the beta goes along! Solid feedback.

The only thing I don't agree with is the sword range. I feel like you get that extra range if you thrust towards your opponent. If more people feel like the sword needs extra range I'll put it up on the list.
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
12-30-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2F ShocK View Post
I have a suggestion:

Don't release this piss awful game.
Great contribution!