Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
Scace
Skc the legend - tranQ
Subtract from Scace's ReputationAdd to Scace's Reputation Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000 Scace IS OVER 9000
12-22-2014
Default Official Halo 5 Beta complaints/suggestions thread

With the beta coming up on the 29th, and to the select people who got to play it early, I would like this to be the official suggestions/complaints thread. It sounds like 343 wants to listen to community feedback, so I will be compiling a list of things we think should be taken out, modified, added, etc.

Comment feedback with a description on why you think it should be modified, taken out etc. or add some feedback onto an existing comment, and I will add it into the list in this comment, and when the beta ends we will find a way to get 343 to see this. (Suggestions on how they will see it are welcome)

Please be mature. That means no 343bola circle jerking. Just leave a comment with logical reasoning behind it, without sounding like a dick. Saying things like "take sprint out cuz it sucks, and it ruined halo, fuck 343" does not add anything to the discussion or helping the growth of the community/franchise.

I love Halo and this community and I want to see it grow for years, and years to come. So let's help out by adding our two cents, this is a beta after all! I'll start.

Quote:
-"Classic Mode" there should be an option, or a specific gametype to turn off all Spartan abilities, including sprint, and have a more "classic" Halo feel. (Halo 1-3) With the power of forge, maps can be made to fit this play style, and to also modify existing un-forged maps. Example: forging lifts, ramps, boxes, etc. to get into places you would originally need to clamber onto/sprint jump to get to. Classic mode should also turn off timers on weapons, and Spartan chatter. Make it as close to the original three games as possible!
-"The Announcer" The Announcer has almost become a parody of itself, he comes off too cartoon-ish and frankly rather "cringe worthy" His lines should be re-recorded too sound more serious & stoic. We don't need any silly voices while saying a pun. Example "Snipeltanuis" I haven't heard from one person who likes the Halo 5 announcers voice, but we know Jeff Steitzer can pull it off, he's done it before!
-"Medals" Many fans have said there are too many medals. I think this could be solved with a "Medal Menu" where it shows all the medals in the game, and you could choose which ones you wanted turned on/off. Some medals don’t have the good image or the good name when showed up at the bottom of the screen. I would like to see some medals you brought back in Halo 2 Anniversary like power weapons sprees and legendary medals such as Steaktacular and Perfection.
Some existing medals are questionable. Armageddon for getting a 4 kills spree with the rocket-launcher and Rocket Mary for getting a long range rocket kill are fun but Target Practice for killing an enemy player capturing a base with a rocket-launcher seems useless. I still don’t know the difference between the Brawler medal and the Melee kill medal: they are too similar. There is also a Gun Punch medal for getting a 2-shot beat down kill with the BR. Some medals are too redundant.
-Vibration being able to turn it on/off.
-Sniper zooming in, shooting & animations need to be faster. The gun needs to be smaller and less clunky
-Friendly Fire I know friendly fire is a great debate in the Halo community because of people betraying each other for power weapons/vehicles but it allows people to spam grenades without the fear of betraying teammates. If you don’t want to put friendly fire back, what about bringing back some friendly fire customization from Halo CE like “Shield damages only” or “Explosives only”?
-Ground Pound Players have been use to crouch jumping for all iterations of Halo. To many this is a core gameplay mechanic. Ground pound should be able to be turned on/off or assigned to a different button. This would need to fit all controller schemes.
-Assault Rifle/SMG Damage needs to be reduced, and the range needs to be reduced. headshot damange should be removed because of randomness. Automatic weapons are really easy to aim with and it’s hard to not miss shots. Aiming with a precision weapon is harder, and missing shots is a lot more punishing. This is why an automatic weapon should not kill as fast as a precision weapon.
-Medals after death Medals shouldn't disappear immediately when you die. For example knowing if you got a grenade kill, assist, trade, etc. after death.
-Killcam The music that plays on your death combined with the weird killcams are too distracting. It’s easy to see that killcams doesn't feat in Halo. First, medals are unable to appear after death. Therefore I can’t see if I got a multikill, a simple kill, an assist or nothing. Secondly, killcams show nothing. All I see is a grenade on my feet blowing up and it doesn't help me at all. Finally, I want to be able to see around me on my deathcam to make callouts for my team. I want to know if they grabbed the rocker-launcher, where the enemy team is pushing or how many dead people there are in both teams with the scoreboard.
-Switching Weapons This needs to be faster, and you should be able to fire your weapon faster after switching weapons, rather than having to wait a second to shoot.
-Assassinations There should be an option to turn on/off
-Sprint Players can still stay alive by sprinting away toward teammates. I think a good way to fix sprint is to allow player to sprint only if they are full shield and full health. In this way, people will have to find creative and skillful ways to stay alive instead of just running away. In addition, this will increase the importance of putting shots at the beginning of a game when people will go for power weapons. This will also allow to add some new gameplay feature like making a player still be able to sprint when not full shield and full health if he grabbed a speed boost power-up or the Prophet’s bane. The sprint has a glitch where you cannot sprint at your maximum speed for unknown reasons. At one point, I was actually sprinting slower than I was walking. I happens very rarely but it still needs a fix.
-Multi-Kills Since it now takes 4.5 seconds in between multi-kills I feel like 2 multi-kill medals should be added after "Killionaire" for the 11th and 12th kill. I've only ever seen people get 1-2 more kills after a killionaire as well
-Lighting The lighting so far is beautiful, but for competitive play it can be hard to see enemies, weapons that aren't marked, and it seems like you get glare when you're using smart scope.
-Customization There needs to be full customization of your Spartan. Not just the helmet and body armor. Make it similar to Halo Reach or Halo 4 where we have full customization options on armor pieces. Also Emblems are absent in the beta, they needs to return in the retail release.
-Thruster Pack Distance you boost away needs to be reduced. Cool down should be a second or two longer. Maybe people should be able to shoot while thrusting to add an offensive option. Hitboxes while thrusting seems weird. It might be because of online experience but I got killed too often while thrusting behind a wall.
-Breakout There should be a version where everyone has full shields, like a regular slayer game, and have a BR starts version.
-Weapon Pictures There should be a picture in the corner of the screen next to the text of the weapon you are about to pick up.
-Scoreboard When you press the back button to view the scoreboard in game, you are unable to move. This is also present in Halo 4 & Halo 2 Anniversary. This wasn't featured in Halo 1-Reach. You need to be able to move and do other actions while checking the scoreboard.
-Spartan Charge This ability needs a few fixes. I don’t know if it is already the case or if it is due to inconsistency but a player should die from a Spartan charge in the back like a classic beat down, and from a Spartan charge by someone holding a sword.
-Magnum Bloom should be reduced and its precision should be increased when scoped.
-Energy Sword(s) Players should not be able to get hit by melees when using a sword. Sword should win every time in close quarters. You should not be able to trade kills against a sword with a simple melee.
-Frag grenade I found that the damages are rather inconsistent. Sometimes they will annihilate you, sometime they will just do little damage. I think that the curve damage of the blast radius needs a rework.
The explosion blast is too powerful (or the Spartans are too light) and makes people fly too high in the air. I remember being launch away in Eden and hitting that return to the battlefield countdown at the top of the map. Also needs a smaller hitbox, people accidentally shot them in the air way too often.
-Empire Good Slayer map, poor Strongholds map. The map is too small for this gametype and players keep spawning on enemy objectives.
-Regret The starting spawns in the bottom of the bases are a good thing to prevent people from converging too fast in the middle of the map in the beginning. The spawns on ramparts are overpowered. This is a power position. No one should ever be able to spawn here. Theses spawns should be put on bottom arc instead. The hydra seems to be the perfect power weapon for this map.
-Eden Starting spawns are fine. I really don’t like flow of the map. Red building and security tower are too easy to lock down. I feel that there is not enough action going on in blue building and outside. Maybe power weapons placement should be switched. The map is too dark at some places.
Some walls should be more soft and clean. I got stuck too often against pipes and other decorative elements when I was walking or sprinting along the walls. The crates inside the bases are too heavy. I’m supposed to be a Spartan who flips Scorpion tanks and I get stuck by some crates on the floor.
It should have been tried in Strongholds.
-Strongholds Huge frame drop when watching the objective.
-Animations Scoping animations and pick up animations should be faster for the majority of the weapons.
-Descope People aiming with the left trigger have a big advantage: if they hold their aiming trigger and get descoped, they will automatically scope again. This must fixed. These players must release and press again the left trigger to scope a second time.
-Kill feed There is not enough room for everything. When too many things are going on like mass killing or saving teammates, the kill feed continues to print text and it continues under the screen.
-Matchmaking I am matching people with lower rank than me. If there are 200 pro ranked, I should only be matching pro ranked people or semi-pro ranked people at worst.
-Post-game stats I can’t see my medals. I can’t watch my stats a second time if closed them.
-Rank Design Ranks design should be more advanced and more beautiful to watch.
-Smartscope Some scopes need a design rework. My suggestion is to put the weapon closer to the camera, similar to the rocket launcher & Lightrifle. It will feel better for players used to Halo and will offer a better view. Reflects and glares should be removed from the screen when scoped.
-Rocket Launcher Bring back the classic rocket-launcher, as another rocket-launcher at least, like the energy sword and the prophet’s bane.
-Covenant/Promethean Weapons I hope Covenant and Promethean weapons are all still here with some new additions. A third grenade type is always nice.
-Blood I've noticed there are no blood splatters after you kill an enemy. If you shoot their dead body some blood squirts out, but it doesn't stain anything. Blood has always been a unique part of the Halo games with all the different colors, of the different races. Blood splatters need to be added.
-Bullet Magnetism Even though there is less auto-aim in H5, bullets still seem to be hitting targets when they shouldn't be. This needs to be toned down.
One of my complaints was about flinch. It looks like this will be removed after the beta.
Source: https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/...24652117454848

Crouch jumping is being fixed.
Source: https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/sta...68975465369600

Spartans being hard to see on certain maps because of their color of armor is being fixed.
Source: https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/...19105855340544

Gandhi hopping will be making a comeback in the final release!
Source: https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/...44162122248192

Last edited by Scace; 01-22-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Proty
hakuna matata
Subtract from Proty's ReputationAdd to Proty's Reputation Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Proty Send a message via MSN to Proty Send a message via Skype™ to Proty
12-22-2014

first
youtube channel!

Last wish :: A H2V 1v1 montage
Spoiler!

11/12/14

fuck you belgium
AlcoholicSn1per
Level 10
Subtract from AlcoholicSn1per's ReputationAdd to AlcoholicSn1per's Reputation AlcoholicSn1per wears a live rattlesnake as a condom AlcoholicSn1per wears a live rattlesnake as a condom AlcoholicSn1per wears a live rattlesnake as a condom AlcoholicSn1per wears a live rattlesnake as a condom AlcoholicSn1per wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-29-2014

Why the fuck cant you turn vibration off
Dante
THF VIP Member
Subtract from Dante's ReputationAdd to Dante's Reputation Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000 Dante IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlcoholicSn1per View Post
Why the fuck cant you turn vibration off
MUH IMMERSION

But really, this needs to change. Not being able to crouch jump also needs to change.
TIFE LIFE
Proty
hakuna matata
Subtract from Proty's ReputationAdd to Proty's Reputation Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000 Proty IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Proty Send a message via MSN to Proty Send a message via Skype™ to Proty
12-29-2014

I haven't even installed it yet
and at the looks of it, I prob won't
youtube channel!

Last wish :: A H2V 1v1 montage
Spoiler!

11/12/14

fuck you belgium
Zeus Is Godly
The Sky is still Falling
Subtract from Zeus Is Godly's ReputationAdd to Zeus Is Godly's Reputation Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scace View Post
With the beta coming up on the 29th, and to the select people who got to play it early, I would like this to be the official suggestions/complaints thread. It sounds like 343 wants to listen to community feedback, so I will be compiling a list of things we think should be taken out, modified, added, etc.

Comment feedback with a description on why you think it should be modified, taken out etc. or add some feedback onto an existing comment, and I will add it into the list in this comment, and when the beta ends we will find a way to get 343 to see this. (Suggestions on how they will see it are welcome)

Please be mature. That means no 343bola circle jerking. Just leave a comment with logical reasoning behind it, without sounding like a dick. Saying things like "take sprint out cuz it sucks, and it ruined halo, fuck 343" does not add anything to the discussion or helping the growth of the community/franchise.

I love Halo and this community and I want to see it grow for years, and years to come. So let's help out by adding our two cents, this is a beta after all! I'll start.

Scarecrow also made a thread about signing up on Halo Waypoint to "receive surveys about your gaming habits and your unique perspectives on Halo games and experiences." Sign up to that while you can as well!
They will literally say go play MCC for this "Classic Mode"
Zeus Is Godly
The Sky is still Falling
Subtract from Zeus Is Godly's ReputationAdd to Zeus Is Godly's Reputation Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000 Zeus Is Godly IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

* You cant zoom out with sprint when zoomed in with the BR
*Zooming in with the sniper takes way to long, as with animations with the sniper
Tobes
don't wanna meet ya daddy
Subtract from Tobes's ReputationAdd to Tobes's Reputation Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000 Tobes IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

-make it not be halo 4
Element
Level 37
Subtract from Element's ReputationAdd to Element's Reputation Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000 Element IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Element
12-29-2014

Yeah i miss crouch jumping everywhere I go. It's a habit to just press crouch when i jump, and having my button layout be the hold crouch to ground pound ruins that

Also another obvious one, sniper needs to shoot just a little bit faster.

Marksman
Obedience
Subtract from Marksman's ReputationAdd to Marksman's Reputation Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000 Marksman IS OVER 9000
12-29-2014

I can't betray my teammates.

[1/2/15]