Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
scottdezee
Level 69
Subtract from scottdezee's ReputationAdd to scottdezee's Reputation scottdezee is on the rise to fame scottdezee is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to scottdezee Send a message via Skype™ to scottdezee
11-29-2014

i think i can speak for everyone when i say "i couldn't have said it better myself" can totally relate with all this halo 2 nostolgia..i remember like in '05 making fun of kids that wore halo shirts at my school, but once i played it for the first time at my friends house on xbox live..i got completely sucked into the halo world..been into halo..mlg and montages for the next 10 years following. Great write up, true halo fan. But you forgot one HUGE part of what made H2 great..the MONTAGES. Such a great addition to what made the game great, getting clips and being able to watch them on your computer and create little videos..so much fun. The all night Midship Free for All's and hotpockets and mountain dew in wee hours of the morning, lockout KoTH sniper games. Ranking up in matchmaking, learning the 1v1 launches and spawn sticks..watching the MLG VoDs and best players in the world playing in competition live..it was like a virtual sport, going into matchmaking and hearing others say "did you watch the mlg VoD?" Those were also AWESOME parts of what made Halo 2 in my eyes as the best video game ever created so far, and possibly ever.
gt- DeeZyyy
Aim - DeeZyyyyy
My Youtube Page With Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeZyyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eve Slushy View Post
damn, your probably one of the most aggressive players i have ever seen =).

Last edited by scottdezee; 11-29-2014 at 04:08 AM.
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
11-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdezee View Post
i think i can speak for everyone when i say "i couldn't have said it better myself" can totally relate with all this halo 2 nostolgia..i remember like in '05 making fun of kids that wore halo shirts at my school, but once i played it for the first time at my friends house on xbox live..i got completely sucked into the halo world..been into halo..mlg and montages for the next 10 years following. Great write up, true halo fan. But you forgot one HUGE part of what made H2 great..the MONTAGES. Such a great addition to what made the game great, getting clips and being able to watch them on your computer and create little videos..so much fun. The all night Midship Free for All's and hotpockets and mountain dew in wee hours of the morning, lockout KoTH sniper games. Ranking up in matchmaking, learning the 1v1 launches and spawn sticks..watching the MLG VoDs and best players in the world playing in competition live..it was like a virtual sport, going into matchmaking and hearing others say "did you watch the mlg VoD?" Those were also AWESOME parts of what made Halo 2 in my eyes as the best video game ever created so far, and possibly ever.
<3

those were literally the best times
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
socratic_ignora
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from socratic_ignora's ReputationAdd to socratic_ignora's Reputation socratic_ignora is on the rise to fame socratic_ignora is on the rise to fame
11-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdezee View Post
I can't believe I forgot to write about the montages. I was literally watching montages to remember all the fun stuff about the game lol. It's all coming back to me now: Lockout ffa snipers, all doubleshot ffa on midship, your hotpockets were my pizza rolls haha.
Thomasxp5
Art thou feeling it now?
Subtract from Thomasxp5's ReputationAdd to Thomasxp5's Reputation Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000 Thomasxp5 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Thomasxp5 Send a message via MSN to Thomasxp5
11-30-2014

Man that was beautiful

WATCH MAI FINAL MAWNTAGE

PulseR
Level 16
Subtract from PulseR's ReputationAdd to PulseR's Reputation PulseR is a novice
Send a message via AIM to PulseR
12-01-2014

really nerdy post but well written and kinda cool. you did a great job of describing the tiny things that separate H2 from the other games. I quit H3 because of the damn spread BR and the fact that grenades constantly bounced off random cosmetic graphics instead of going where you wanted them to

also, the melee lunge range combined with the jump height and BXR/BXB gave good players the ability to almost always outplay a less skilled opponent. this idea of the better player always having an option to win a 1v1 no matter the circumstances was diminished in halo 3 and then totally disappeared in reach

another thing you touched on that I love is how much halo 2's meta game evolved. halo 2 out of the box default settings was a pretty garbage game, but post patch the meta game evolved to make it the best competitive console shooter of all time. the button glitches, wall glitches, and insane strength and versatility of the BR in the hands of a top-level player with super fast button combos and a killer instinct...
GT = OG PulseR
feel free to add for H1 & H2 Classic

3v4 Industries: Giving H2 fanboys blue balls since 2014

Last edited by PulseR; 12-01-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Worthy
NJ's Most Blunted
Subtract from Worthy's ReputationAdd to Worthy's Reputation Worthy is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Worthy
01-13-2015

Great read man... Good times, mad good fuckin times. That post was full of nostalgia. From modding, well.. cheating in general. To the pure competitiveness of MLG. I'm extremely honored to say I've played with pros and semi pros in countless custom games, and have been to an MLG event (NYC Playoffs 06)... I miss those days. They're most definitely forever labeled as the best days of my childhood. Memories...

R.I.P 360 :[

ayonate
Level 18
Subtract from ayonate's ReputationAdd to ayonate's Reputation ayonate taps Cortana ayonate taps Cortana ayonate taps Cortana ayonate taps Cortana ayonate taps Cortana
01-13-2015

Wow! Nice write. Them feels tho bro. I got lost in the memories for a moment
iRaVe
Level 15
Subtract from iRaVe's ReputationAdd to iRaVe's Reputation iRaVe is a novice
01-14-2015

Ah reading this brought back some great memories. I can remember getting home from school and being so excited to hop on h2. Just spend hours upon hours playing the same maps. Great write up sir!
Sv2 Stormy
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from Sv2 Stormy's ReputationAdd to Sv2 Stormy's Reputation Sv2 Stormy is a novice
01-16-2015

Honestly, I'm so glad I picked up playing halo 2 at that time. It was so fun. I didn't even have my own xbox...I was using my older brother's xbox and using his xbox live. Everyday when he would go out, I would sneak into his room and start playing lol. It was some good times especially when you got people to come over and play system link on different tvs. People who I asked in real life about halo 2...everybody thought that game was a legend. It was pretty funny to tell them I still play it even though it wasn't on xbox live anymore. I think the reason why so many people enjoyed playing halo 2 online was because there was no damn party chat...people talked! I don't know if people realize now but if you go into a game, everybody is either in party chat or they don't have a mic. Which I think is a another reason why Halo 2 was so fun at this time.
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
01-16-2015

@stormy, pretty much my point in Halo Retrospect
fuck party chat

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late