Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
BoYo
Level 36
Subtract from BoYo's ReputationAdd to BoYo's Reputation BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000 BoYo IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Meh, although the editing wasn't that great technically, it worked for me. I can't stay tentative to gameplay with simplistic editing nowadays, and the variety of different songs w/different editing styles kept me entertained (also ily for using Captain Murphy). Really liked the pursuit of happiness cover as well, always thought it'd work well in a montage.

Only gripe I had with the edit was that it went too far in terms of presenting song lyrics over the gameplay. Sometimes the viewer knows what you're getting at when syncing lyrics to particular clips, you don't need to spoon feed them. It can work great at times, and it did in the montage, but many times it was unnecessary.

As far as the gameplay goes, I don't really have many words. I'm in awe of the fact that someone can actually be that good at getting clips. You are the best at it.
Just Ash
Level 30
Subtract from Just Ash's ReputationAdd to Just Ash's Reputation Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided Just Ash is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via AIM to Just Ash Send a message via Skype™ to Just Ash
12-14-2013

NOVUS YO!
sk0ls
Level 42
Subtract from sk0ls's ReputationAdd to sk0ls's Reputation sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000 sk0ls IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Music: Best selection i've heard all year.

Gameplay: Socially this far surpassed any halo 3 montage previously released, competitive clips were lacking compared to Dutchy II which brought the video down on that side of things. The overwhelming amount of lights out social clips more than made up for it though.

Editing: Editing was mostly on point. The Dark CC with all the added glows really hurt my eyes (My eyes actually hurt by the credits) and way to many screen flashes got really really annoying. I've always felt like when some one doesn't know how else to hit sync points in a certain section then they just add screen flashes and i kind of got that vibe a little here. it's like the panic effect of editing i guess. Other than that i really felt the flow: the pursuit of happiness part had some great syncing and i noticed some really original transitions which are hard to come by these days. motion tracked text wasn't everywhere which i appreciated dearly and when it was used it had a purpose i.e. pointing out the 3 for 1 or comical benefit i.e. motherfucker. I really enjoyed the editing and it's by far some of the best all year.

Overall i felt i liked dutchys m2 better, but this was still the best watch since the release of that video. great job all around. too many good clips to even recall one i really enjoyed.
LOST IN TIME

bert.
Level 28
Subtract from bert.'s ReputationAdd to bert.'s Reputation bert. is legendary bert. is legendary bert. is legendary
12-14-2013

that was wild
Oxfire
Level 41
Subtract from Oxfire's ReputationAdd to Oxfire's Reputation Oxfire wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Oxfire wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Oxfire wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Oxfire wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Oxfire wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
12-14-2013

Lol at people. "Clips aren't impressive", "Editing wasn't on point", "the opponents were stupid and easy to kill."

Best H3 montage released in terms of pure owning the fuck out of everyone you're playing against. Editing was cash, songs were dope. Anyone who says otherwise, hook a brother up with a link to your sweet 'tage that beats this- shut the fuck up.

Halo can finally RIP, great job Dutchy, sending her out on a high note.
PackieIX
Empathy Overload
Subtract from PackieIX's ReputationAdd to PackieIX's Reputation PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000 PackieIX IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to PackieIX
12-14-2013

first montage I've watched in probably a year, instantly my favourite. I have been waiting for this forever, but now that you're finally hanging up the controller I think that most can agree you are one of the best Halo 3 content creators ever. Fabulously entertaining, always a total joy.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post

Edit: No penises. Not even clipart versions.
- Nv1

RazOnTHF
Level 20
Subtract from RazOnTHF's ReputationAdd to RazOnTHF's Reputation RazOnTHF is legendary RazOnTHF is legendary RazOnTHF is legendary
Send a message via AIM to RazOnTHF
12-14-2013

The greatest going out in style. Good job to both you and abup. Gameplay was fucking ridiculous and puba's editing was dope. Makes me want to get on and play lol. Nice one guys.
:)
Wanny
Top Tier Director
Subtract from Wanny's ReputationAdd to Wanny's Reputation Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000 Wanny IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Wanny
12-14-2013

Wow this has been out for about a whole day and I haven't even noticed!

Anyways before I state my thoughts I just want to say that was a great video, and its very hard to keep anyone entertained for 13 minutes watching a halo video these days, (at least thats how I feel, since we all have such a sour taste for it now) but congrats you two succeeded. Gameplay was incredible, probably the best I've ever seen in a video (social wise). Some of those clips just had me mouth droppin

Editing was pretty good overall. At times I couldn't stand the editing and felt really put off by it, but at other times it was just incredible. The song were you used the glow effect, I thought was by far the worst edited song and it was hard to watch. The pursuit of happiness song was great for about 90% of it. There was so much perfect synching in this video but a lot of the times it was ruined by making the screen pop out or shake, that really is my only gripe about the editing (which unfortunately is a lot of it). I agree with nvincible on the saying "sometimes less is more or better" (forgot the exact words). Sometimes you just added too much when you had a perfect synch going, then added something else and something else, and so on.

Overall I liked it and it kept me well entertained for 13 minutes

8/10 overall
10/10 Gameplay
7/10 Editing

Great stuff dudes
Tarzan
insignificance
Subtract from Tarzan's ReputationAdd to Tarzan's Reputation Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackieIX View Post
first montage I've watched in probably a year, instantly my favourite.
lol

Frezz
Level 40
Subtract from Frezz's ReputationAdd to Frezz's Reputation Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000 Frezz IS OVER 9000
12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV View Post
Big shoes to fit after montage 3 by Exus, and I don't think either of you succeeded. Gameplay was good as usual but I honestly don't feel it was per say better than M3, more like equal. It showed Dutchy knows how to force spawns and knows how to predict them, but the majority of kills themselves in multi-team weren't that impressive - just a line of medals really. It also seems the opponents actually had gotten more stupid. Some shots obviously blew my mind, especially the one on Construct just before you died. The one that was hit didn't actually die, but somehow I found that shot most impressive.

As for editing, it seemed random at many points and I really hated the forced syncing in one of the songs (can't remember which one, it was yesterday) and the montage had some very missplaced effects throughout the entire thing or effects that were overdone. Example being the screen flickering when the beats weren't even that noticable, you would've been better off not flickering at all. Another example is at one point Dutchy got a Killionaire (I believe on H3's Blood Gulch version? Can't remember the name) text popped up saying KILLIONAIRE with a line above it and underneath. That was really sick and would've been fantastic if you made one smooth movement out of it to the next clip. Instead, it had like 5 random movements first (and didn't look good to be frank) and THEN transitioned. Why? It destroyed the flow you had going.

As for the overall feeling, I'm kind of missing the things that made M3 so personal; the way the credits were made whereas this was just text scrolling up. M3 had it in message form and everything - really made it more... emotional I suppose? I didn't feel anything other than "eh, m3 was better" after this. Sorry brahs, but that's just the way it is

I didn't like most of the music either, but that's just my problem; can't have everyone like all of it.

Unless sources are provided that prove something, you can regard it as an opinion (or theory, depends on what subject, but since this is a montage...). I post in a way that I make things look like facts too, but most of the time it is just filled with opinions. This is a message board.

And saying "well I spent 8 months and you said nothing nice so I won't take any of it from you" is a form of a closed mind too. Maybe he did that to help you out? Use his criticism to your advantage instead of frowning.
You mean M2 right?