Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
slater ohm
MovieCompMovieCompMovieCo
Subtract from slater ohm's ReputationAdd to slater ohm's Reputation slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000 slater ohm IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to slater ohm
12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
I smile each time i see that lawl o caust sig.
Will watch asap when i wake up, been a while d man hope youre doing well

edit:
k finally checked it.

so I was quite curious as to the build up, havent seen a high intensity FX editor go 10+ minutes in a while.
your choice to continue through song transitions was quite brave as that's hard as fuck, the on point synching and consistency in effects really helped keep it together. I wont comment on the kind of FX as some of it just isnt for me but it def helped keeping the beginning feel like '1 part' as I think that was your intention.
I was very much ready for a slow fade out at some point tho, and you gave it to me altho of course still with quite a lot of jazz.
then I felt I could really use a different kind of clip like a fun double stick or spree and you gave me the spree on the ice map.
It may have needed more but those moments assured me you were conscious of the viewer experience.

when editing frame by frame and watching stuff back after having seen it so often you as the editor can often totally get your own intentions but it may go too fast for the viewer to get it or appreciate if fully. Pretty sure there's some stuff in my videos no one has ever consciously or unconsciously experienced. there were a couple of moments that came close to that for me, but then again there's gonna be multiple watch throughs for most so that will help.

Really appreciate the POV dominance, I feel a longer tage needs that. You used the angles as the rest moments, which for me there couldve been more of but I was happy with the application of angles either way. 2 seconds of *less/unedited* (i know thats a moronic term) angle here and there definitely helped.

GP, obviously quite ridiculous. come on Dennis.
I do feel a bit more variety wouldve been cool, not to say you need vehicle launches but some fun/creative doubles/triples or like in the credits the skull clips wouldve been cool. then again not using those clips in this tage is also silly and I dunno what your selection was like.
It would help with the flow and build up tho, big multi's are long ass clips and with a high level of exact synch there's gonna be a bit of clip cutting no matter how hard you try which makes cutting to another clip where you're also cutting kinda blend no matter if its on a different map. Especially when you have the consistency of FX and synch that's something to keep a very close eye on.
Variety helps separate and keeps the mind excited/guessing to what we're gonna see next, as it was nice and consistent in the editing the gp wouldve been the place to do it. no matter if we expect high multis from dennis, you dont want our brain to assume it while watching. I always struggle with long clips tho so making a video out of even a third of those multi's.. I'd probably fail hard.

so yeah, very interesting watch. I think you did well puba, hope my ramblings make sense, it's just from one viewing.
Didnt expect to see my name up there this time for some reason, caught it out of the corner of me eye.
All the best D man, thanks for some of the best times. glad I got some of em on video to return to.
edited my post, thought i'd quote for you nutjobs who read this stuff

THF

Halo 2 videos
Ohmage | Ohmega | Blue sky | Dual | Post Fin | Fash Late
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater ohm View Post
edited my post, thought i'd quote for you nutjobs who read this stuff
really appreciate the feedback man.

miss you
join the revolution.

Spoiler!

Last edited by slater ohm; 12-17-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Jewtage
✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡ ✡
Subtract from Jewtage's ReputationAdd to Jewtage's Reputation Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica Jewtage still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to Jewtage
12-17-2013

Oh my fuck.
RoboSteeze
Level 37
Subtract from RoboSteeze's ReputationAdd to RoboSteeze's Reputation RoboSteeze is a novice
Send a message via AIM to RoboSteeze
12-17-2013

Immensely entertaining. Gameplay was jaw dropping!
3D services, mentoring, etc! Send me a PM

Aim: RobotikDesigns

ZoLA
Part of the furniture
Subtract from ZoLA's ReputationAdd to ZoLA's Reputation ZoLA still downloads from Mythica ZoLA still downloads from Mythica ZoLA still downloads from Mythica ZoLA still downloads from Mythica ZoLA still downloads from Mythica ZoLA still downloads from Mythica
Send a message via AIM to ZoLA Send a message via MSN to ZoLA Send a message via Skype™ to ZoLA
12-18-2013

You can sit proudly in the hall of fame alongside Phurion, Hyena, Kampy and Reid's of this world Dennis.

Always deliver and this place has always been that bit brighter for your high level trolling and excellent videos Dennis!

Smooth edit as well Puba!

Last edited by ZoLA; 12-18-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Bitplague
Subtract from Bitplague's ReputationAdd to Bitplague's Reputation Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000 Bitplague IS OVER 9000
12-18-2013

145 replies ? Yeah video of the year probably

scottdezee
Level 69
Subtract from scottdezee's ReputationAdd to scottdezee's Reputation scottdezee is on the rise to fame scottdezee is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to scottdezee Send a message via Skype™ to scottdezee
12-20-2013

one of the best h3 montages ever!!! good job dutchy
gt- DeeZyyy
Aim - DeeZyyyyy
My Youtube Page With Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/DeeZyyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eve Slushy View Post
damn, your probably one of the most aggressive players i have ever seen =).
Dutchy
Level Honderd
Subtract from Dutchy's ReputationAdd to Dutchy's Reputation Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000 Dutchy IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Dutchy Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
12-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoLA View Post
You can sit proudly in the hall of fame alongside Phurion, Hyena, Kampy and Reid's of this world Dennis.
You couldn't possibly have given me a more awesome compliment. Thanks so much man.
join the revolution.

Spoiler!
Fuzon
Level 36
Subtract from Fuzon's ReputationAdd to Fuzon's Reputation Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000 Fuzon IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Fuzon
12-20-2013

sooo siiiick. Super glad this was released after such a long time

^^

GTS
Level 33
Subtract from GTS's ReputationAdd to GTS's Reputation GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000 GTS IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to GTS
12-20-2013

The whole avalanche scene is so good