Halo 2 Forum > Halo Franchise > Halo Discussion

Display Modes Thread Tools
iDiesel
Level 37
Subtract from iDiesel's ReputationAdd to iDiesel's Reputation iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000 iDiesel IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to iDiesel
12-15-2013

Spoiler!

I was going to give a lengthy review, but I think Sunshine here pretty much nailed everything I would have said, so I'll be brief.

Gameplay had extremely high highs, and all the clips were really good. I will echo that there were quite a few AFKs, and I thought a couple of those clips should have been ditched to just keep the quality consistently amazing, which it was otherwise. So many ridiculous shots for high multis and just crazy 241s left and right, god damn. I freaked out a handful of times for sure. Last clip in the credits was sick as fuck too, love it. Amazing job, Dutchy, I didn't realize you were going to bring this kind of quality and quantity yet again. Really something to be proud of, that crown is well deserved.

As for the editing, I thought you knocked this out of the park, for the most part, Puba. I love love loved the soundtrack, I thought it was super fresh and gave this tage a really unique feel. The That's Classic song just had me nodding my head the whole way, I loved every second of it. Probably my favorite song in a montage since January (Moneygrabber in Proxy Hero's Reach Final). I thought the flow and everything was on point and you definitely did the clips justice, nice job not using too many angles. Only part I didn't like was all the glow and color; I thought it could have been toned down a bit and less frequent (I also just got a MacBookPro with Retina display so that probably didn't help). Otherwise, awesome job.

9.5/10 this was amazing.

Spoiler!
NickV
THF VIP Member
Subtract from NickV's ReputationAdd to NickV's Reputation NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000 NickV IS OVER 9000
12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frezz View Post
You mean M2 right?
I dunno, it's been years
RIP EvilLilElmo

Married to terv
Sachiro
beck in the buzinesss
Subtract from Sachiro's ReputationAdd to Sachiro's Reputation Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Sachiro
12-15-2013

I've downloaded 69% of it... pls MEGA don't be a dick
AOT MrGreen
Level 22
Subtract from AOT MrGreen's ReputationAdd to AOT MrGreen's Reputation AOT MrGreen taps Cortana AOT MrGreen taps Cortana AOT MrGreen taps Cortana AOT MrGreen taps Cortana AOT MrGreen taps Cortana
12-15-2013

way too much jump cutting skipping bright lights i stopped watching at 3:00
JoshNgton
THF VIP Member
Subtract from JoshNgton's ReputationAdd to JoshNgton's Reputation JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000 JoshNgton IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to JoshNgton
12-15-2013

still loving those construct clips and dat avalanche lift camera angle
Sachiro
beck in the buzinesss
Subtract from Sachiro's ReputationAdd to Sachiro's Reputation Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000 Sachiro IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Sachiro
12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOT MrGreen View Post
way too much jump cutting skipping bright lights i stopped watching at 3:00
I do agree with you but how dare you criticize if you haven't watched the whole thing ?

MY REVIEW
I won't talk a lot bout the gp cause it's just wonderful but I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of diversity. I mean oc some of the multis were unseen and you brought some sick unique stuff but it was all about multikills which gets repetitive after 10 minutes. Why didn't you involve some vehicles here and there ? Of course you won't get as much "clips" as if you're in multi-team but it brings a whole new dimension to your stuff !
But I guess skill>luck

(gameplay is still gorgeous just wanting to point that out )

k it's your turn pubes.

I do agree with what people said about the flashes but it didn't ruin the tage haha

Puba your editing may be the richest one of the community. I mean there are like 7 fx/clip. I guess that's why you're the king of the flow you understood how to fully edit a song without makin a cod tage. I mean the tage wasn't that fast which is something I like. I like to have enough time to see what's happening.

But I guess you need to understand something else : -no offence- you don't need to stuck the song that much. I feel like you couldn't do what you wanted to do because you had to follow the track. What about a real break ? What about a 1min break with almost no sound ? It'd have just added some much more power to your video.

My favourite moment was the high ground sky replacement :

I wish it would have been 3 seconds longer. And I wish you would have done more similar angles

Some of the angles you captured were really great ! I liked the high speed plans and you did them well !

Also about the use of angles : there weren't too much present during the clips which is great. I personally think that angles and fx must be done between the clips to let the gameplay being shown just how it has been gotten but that's my own POV so let's say i'm just stupid if you disagree

The transition work was great too. The "killionaire on valhalla- killionaire on guardian" one (lel) was one of the best of the tage. You should have done more animations I really enjoyed the ones you made and it's pure creation so it's a good unique point of the tage

The chosen songs were great especially the first main song ! But I guess you should have selected all the songs under a same vibe or at least 2 different atmospheres so your work would have been more consistent. I know it's a montage but it needs to have a guideline. And if your guideline is unique then you'll gain so much more emotions.

Overall a great montage ! Not over the top tho but probably because it's too late to create a classic montage but you guys can be proud about what you've created <3
RoBoT BaLLeS
Level 26
Subtract from RoBoT BaLLeS's ReputationAdd to RoBoT BaLLeS's Reputation RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield RoBoT BaLLeS finally popped his Bubble Shield
12-15-2013

Good stuff dutchy... Jaw dropping gameplay ... As usual
Vintage
Level 19
Subtract from Vintage's ReputationAdd to Vintage's Reputation Vintage is on the rise to fame Vintage is on the rise to fame
12-15-2013

This montage was the equivalent of a new lil wayne album.
LargoLovesYou
Level 20
Subtract from LargoLovesYou's ReputationAdd to LargoLovesYou's Reputation LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame LargoLovesYou is on the rise to fame
12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
This montage was the equivalent of a new lil wayne album.
I don't know if that's good or bad cause Lil Wayne music sucks now.

whaTimeEditz
Level 20
Subtract from whaTimeEditz's ReputationAdd to whaTimeEditz's Reputation whaTimeEditz is a novice
12-15-2013

what luck for me to check back here in like a month cant wait to watch this bad boy

Apart from all the unnecessary twitching, i enjoyed it. Not sure why it seems like h3 editors now at days are afraid of having 2 seconds of their video role without 10 short fast pan ins with some alpha distortion thrown in their. Never the less the gameplay was fucking insane from i could tell.

Last edited by whaTimeEditz; 12-15-2013 at 02:34 PM.