Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Grif55
Valar Morgulis
Subtract from Grif55's ReputationAdd to Grif55's Reputation Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Grif55
11-13-2013

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that some dogs are much more aggressive than other breeds.

I mean I have two dogs a chocolate lab, and a siberian husky and we've had them from the time they were 3-4 weeks old so it's safe to say that we raised them for the most part. I don't know if it's fair to assume that nothing noteworthy happened in their infancy but I'll just assume that to be the case. Our siberian husky was a great puppy and my parents used to constantly be able to take him to my brother and I's soccer games and people would walk him and play with him et cet, (same case with my lab of course). But as he got older he became really territorial of our house, he bit a guy pretty badly who was fixing some stuff outside, (luckily the guy wasn't a douche about it, but it freaked the fuck out of my mom). So we've had to keep him locked away whenever we've had guests from now on because of how aggressive he is. Now as for the chocolate lab, we've never even been remotely concerned about dangerous aggressive behavior, he's a friendly goofball.

tl;dr nine times out of ten a lab will be less aggressive/volatile/dangerous than a pitbull, rottweiler or husky regardless of the owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00SEONTHEL00SE View Post
holy shit lahey, i never put it together

ive been watching trailer park boys for the last month and your avatar is jim lahey and your name is the big lahey. wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaTaNo View Post
Sometimes I wish I was white so I can embrace the neo-nazi culture. This movie was sick and these niggas put in work.

dat status
whateva mang
Subtract from dat status's ReputationAdd to dat status's Reputation dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000 dat status IS OVER 9000
11-13-2013

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/P...nd-4976857.php

how many other breeds tear of peoples arms
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat status View Post
http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/P...nd-4976857.php

how many other breeds tear of peoples arms
Pitbull is not a breed.

Spanker
Liberate Me
Subtract from Spanker's ReputationAdd to Spanker's Reputation Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000 Spanker IS OVER 9000
11-13-2013

It's still a dog though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
spanks is only here to stifle the happiness of others

My existence led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow.
The storm consumes all.
Tarzan
insignificance
Subtract from Tarzan's ReputationAdd to Tarzan's Reputation Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000 Tarzan IS OVER 9000
11-13-2013

or maybe we are the dogs, but we are not smart enough to realise that we are not like every other dogs, but we picture ourselves as humans instead of dogs, because we want to be superior. And the dogs we see as dogs are actually particles of a higher power, as dogs are what we should actually see when we look in the mirror, but our mental blindness can only picture us as humans because it can't comprehend the reality as it is, where mirrors are actually gateways to heaven instead of pieces of polished glass coated with often non-toxic silver or aluminium.

Grif55
Valar Morgulis
Subtract from Grif55's ReputationAdd to Grif55's Reputation Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Grif55
11-13-2013

I never thought I'd say this, but you smoke entirely too much reefer"
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00SEONTHEL00SE View Post
holy shit lahey, i never put it together

ive been watching trailer park boys for the last month and your avatar is jim lahey and your name is the big lahey. wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaTaNo View Post
Sometimes I wish I was white so I can embrace the neo-nazi culture. This movie was sick and these niggas put in work.

PM
1 authentic experience
Subtract from PM's ReputationAdd to PM's Reputation PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000 PM IS OVER 9000
11-22-2013

there are no bad children only bad parents?

what makes a child bad? a: they are only bad for some certain people or peoples in some certain relationship or another and are incapable of being bad in themselves. to call a child either good or bad, or his/her parents good or bad is to enunciate your own schizoid ethicopsychical prescriptions-- by following your prescription you 'make' the child or her parents good or bad. but though you generalize this-- 'Good/Bad'-- you've only said it's bad for you, and that therefore it should be bad for others. i.e. you've acted as if you're the absolute center of the universe

what makes a pit bull bad?

Last edited by PM; 11-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
11-22-2013

This little pug in Vancouver attacked a pitbull, pitbull bit the pug and held onto it by the ear, pug owner went over with a knife and repeatedly stabbed the pitbull. Pitbull owner was like wtf and took the dog away, pug owner kept stabbing the pitbull despite the owner being with the pitbull and the dog basically dead. Dog died.

Weird shit. Not making any points whatsoever. Just popped into my head when I saw the title.
dawnie!
taken by empty
Subtract from dawnie!'s ReputationAdd to dawnie!'s Reputation dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000 dawnie! IS OVER 9000
11-22-2013

"Does the notion of a pit bull menace rest on a stable or an unstable generalization? The best data we have on breed dangerousness are fatal dog bites, which serve as a useful indicator of just how much havoc certain kinds of dogs are causing. Between the late 1970s and the late 1990s, more than 25 breeds were involved in fatal attacks in the United States. Pit bull breeds led the pack, but the variance from year to year is considerable. For instance, in the period of 1981 to 1982, fatalities were caused by five pit bulls, three mixed breeds, two St. Bernards, two German shepherd mixes, a pure bred German shepherd, a husky-type, a Doberman, a Chow Chow, a Great Dane, a wolf-dog hybrid, a husky mix, and a pit bull mix - but no Rottweilers. In 1995 and 1996, the list included 10 Rottweilers., four pit bulls, two German shepherds, two huskies, two Chow Chows, two wolf-dog hybrids, two shepherd mixes, a Rottweiler mix, a mixed breed, a Chow Chow mix, and a Great Dane. The kinds of dogs that kill people change over time, because the popularity of certain breeds changes over time. The one thing that doesn't change is the total number of people killed by dogs. When we have more problems with pit bulls, it's not necessarily a sign that pit bulls are more dangerous. It could just be a sign that pit bulls have become more numerous."
RVideo
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from RVideo's ReputationAdd to RVideo's Reputation RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000 RVideo IS OVER 9000
11-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie! View Post
"Does the notion of a pit bull menace rest on a stable or an unstable generalization?"

The problem with pitbull mixes is that anyone can own one. Pitbulls were selectively bred for one purpose and that is to kill. They are not bred to be guard dogs. They are not inclined to retrieve, pull, root, or track anything. Every dog ever domestically raised has a purpose in mind. For example

Huskies and their cousins (malamutes/samoyeds) - Working class specialized in tractor (pulling) activity. Huskies that are not pulling something tend to be more depressed than "real" working huskies.

Bloodhounds/beagles/pointers - Retriever class specialized in rooting, tracking, retrieving downed prey.

German shepherd - Herding class and arguably the most versatile of all classes. This is why they are used by military and police more than any other variant. Drug sniffing is a subvariation of their inherent talent brought down from their original skill in detecting sick livestock in the herd (sick animals have a certain "smell" to them that dogs can pick up on.) While this is true for all canines, shepherds are particularly good at this.

Chows - Originally bred to be guard dogs for Oriental elite. They were sort of like a living, roaming burglar alarm for expansive palaces that were otherwise difficult to guard. They have very good memories which makes them special for friend/foe identification.

"Pocket breeds" ie shih tzus and poodles - Originally selected for their ability to control pests mainly in larger older homes. Their small size and quick twitchy reflexes made them strong for killing snakes, rats and mice, squirrels and even insects for the upper middle class to upper class for centuries. This is why to this day "old money" more or less are associated with these variants.

I could go on of course but the one main point that should be brought home here is this. Pit Bull mixes are not guard dogs. They simply aren't. They were bred out for one specific purpose and that is for competitive killing of other dogs. Sadly there are millions of divorced, single bitter women out there who mistake pit bulls as a viable replacement for a house alarm, a military grade can of pepper spray, a cellphone and a handgun or shotgun (either or.)

All it takes is one guy and a can of pepper spray and he can essentially put down probably up to 3 pit bulls in one house. One spritz of pepper spray (in particular, the mix sprays like Sabre spray) to the face of a pitbull and they will simply roll around on the floor trying to get the pepper spray out. The guy could even stand there and rape the owner and the pitbull will do nothing but roll around. The reason for this is because they are not guard dogs. They are killing dogs, plain and simple.

The truth is that as time goes on, more of these single women are discovering that owning a pitbull is actually less safe than having an alarm, a handgun that they would use against an intruder (owning one isnt good enough,) or military grade spray, and this is why.

Often times pitbulls will selectively not attack an intruder if they "like" their smell. Perhaps they smell close to a former human owner or whatever, but the important thing here is that pitbulls are not guard dogs. If they don't want to attack they won't. They may bark a lot at a new smell but this doesn't mean they will attack, even if they are amateurly trained. Even if they *do* attack all it takes is a shot of spray and you may as well just take your panties off because you're done.

More criminals are becoming aware that single women tend to rely psychologically on their pitbulls as guard dogs even if they own a Smith & Wesson. Intruders break in (typically it's two or more people these days) and they can shut down a pitbull with one spritz. The woman becomes "paralyzed" since her biggest psychological defense was defeated in three seconds and now she has two or five guys in her apt. while the dog just lies there rolling.

As I said the problem with pits is that anyone can own one. They are a special class that is unlike any other variant in the world but they are not guard dogs. Other dogs will protect their territory or owner (since you are in his or her "pack") but pits do not do this. They kill on instinct not for any particular purpose other than to kill and get rewarded.

One final note, it's not the pitbulls fault, they are bred out for one purpose but sadly they require special handling which (I believe) most owners are not trained for because, again, any trashy dipshit can own one.

Last edited by RVideo; 11-22-2013 at 11:15 PM.