Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
However, recreational marijuana usage is always used for the sake of intoxication, unlike alcohol consumption.
Are you high?
Al's sweet ass

Grif55
Valar Morgulis
Subtract from Grif55's ReputationAdd to Grif55's Reputation Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Grif55
04-19-2013

I will say it again because I don't feel like restating all the points in the movie the union. <-- watch that movie, I guarantee it will make you rethink your opinion about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00SEONTHEL00SE View Post
holy shit lahey, i never put it together

ive been watching trailer park boys for the last month and your avatar is jim lahey and your name is the big lahey. wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaTaNo View Post
Sometimes I wish I was white so I can embrace the neo-nazi culture. This movie was sick and these niggas put in work.

Grif55
Valar Morgulis
Subtract from Grif55's ReputationAdd to Grif55's Reputation Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000 Grif55 IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Grif55
04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif55 View Post
I will say it again because I don't feel like restating all the points in the movie the union. <-- watch that movie, I guarantee it will make you rethink your opinion about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00SEONTHEL00SE View Post
holy shit lahey, i never put it together

ive been watching trailer park boys for the last month and your avatar is jim lahey and your name is the big lahey. wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaTaNo View Post
Sometimes I wish I was white so I can embrace the neo-nazi culture. This movie was sick and these niggas put in work.

Samm
Level 15
Subtract from Samm's ReputationAdd to Samm's Reputation Samm needs more help than Japan
04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
naw man

i like how it tastes

i don't even get 'intoxicated' cause i have a high tolerance

got any more weak arguments bby?
Well, many people drink alcohol because they like the way that it tastes, or to relax, or as part of tradition or on holidays, or as a social activity, or even sometimes as a combination of some of those reasons-but many of those people drink alcohol without getting drunk.

Everybody who smokes marijuana smokes it for the sake of getting high. Not everybody who drinks alcohol, drinks alcohol for the sake of getting drunk.

This article states what I'm trying to say perfectly, and also some other interesting facts about this legalization debate in general.

http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...ld-just-say-no

"There are several possible explanations for alcohol’s unique status: For most people, it is not addictive; it is rarely consumed to the point of intoxication; low-level consumption is consistent with most manual and intellectual tasks; it has several positive health benefits; and it is formed by the fermentation of many common substances and easily metabolized by the body."

"Alcohol differs from marijuana in several crucial respects. First, marijuana is far more likely to cause addiction. Second, it is usually consumed to the point of intoxication. Third, it has no known general healthful properties, though it may have some palliative effects. Fourth, it is toxic and deleterious to health. Thus, while it is true that both alcohol and marijuana are less intoxicating than other mood-altering drugs, that is not to say that marijuana is especially similar to alcohol or that its use is healthy or even safe.
In fact, compared to alcohol, marijuana is not safe. Long-term, moderate consumption of alcohol carries few health risks and even offers some significant benefits. For example, a glass of wine (or other alcoholic drink) with dinner actually improves health.[8] Dozens of peer-reviewed medical studies suggest that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol reduces the risk of heart disease, strokes, gallstones, diabetes, and death from a heart attack.[9] According to the Mayo Clinic, among many others, moderate use of alcohol (defined as two drinks a day) “seems to offer some health benefits, particularly for the heart.”[10] Countless articles in medical journals and other scientific literature confirm the positive health effects of moderate alcohol consumption."
mike
OG status
Subtract from mike's ReputationAdd to mike's Reputation mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000 mike IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to mike
04-19-2013

Quote:
Alcohol differs from marijuana in several crucial respects. First, marijuana is far more likely to cause addiction.

alright u can leave now (nvm, i guess i will)

u have 0 idea what you're talking about
over 2.5k views on youtube! Voted "best!"
32 Youtube Subscribers <3

Support THF and like our stuff ! Do it for mike, it's all he has

RIP Elmo, gone but never forgotten <3
Samm
Level 15
Subtract from Samm's ReputationAdd to Samm's Reputation Samm needs more help than Japan
04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning View Post
Are you high?
There are many idiots out there who drink alcohol for the sake of getting intoxicated (ie, getting drunk). However, there are also millions of people in the world that drink alcoholic beverages without getting drunk at all. They drink small amounts of alcohol, and they also drink in moderation. As I stated before, not everybody who drinks alcohol drinks for the sake of getting drunk.

http://philanthropy2012.hubpages.com...eed-or-Alcohol

This article states this.

"The reason weed is banned is because it causes immediate psychological effects from just small amounts. Furthermore, the point of smoking weed is to get high whilst the point of drinking is not always to get drunk.

When people compare weed with alcohol they think about people who are high and people who are drunk. But most drinkers do not get drunk whilst most people who smoke weed get high. It is not common for people to smoke tiny quantities of weed to get a small effect, but it is social standard to have a few drinks with your friends or partner to relax. This is the core reason for why cannabis is illegal and alcohol is not.

Last edited by Samm; 04-19-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Ian
Qu4dra reborn
Subtract from Ian's ReputationAdd to Ian's Reputation Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000 Ian IS OVER 9000
04-19-2013

Samm is right
Oh, you.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
04-19-2013

I drink now just to drink, its a social thing for me now.

So you think marijuana is more addictive them alcohol?
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!
Samm
Level 15
04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
I drink now just to drink, its a social thing for me now.

So you think marijuana is more addictive them alcohol?
Exactly. Not everybody drinks alcohol for the sake of getting drunk (ie, intoxication). Unlike marijuana, which is a substance that people only use for the sake of getting stoned with it, (ie, intoxication).

Last edited by Samm; 04-19-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Havey
Californication
Subtract from Havey's ReputationAdd to Havey's Reputation Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000 Havey IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Havey
04-19-2013

You didn't answer my question.
THROWBACK REVIEW EPISODE!!