Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Complete Off-Topic > Movies & Television

Display Modes Thread Tools
tyleragent
Level 28
Subtract from tyleragent's ReputationAdd to tyleragent's Reputation tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
11-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
There were several issues I had with the prequels, a few details that could've been changed. Other than that, they were awesome, godlike, and they enriched the originals, making them 100x better!

1-Anakin Skywalker's personality. Ever watched the Clone Wars cartoons? Anakin was heroic, fun, good-natured, good tempered, happy, a positive person. In Episode 2 AOTC he was whiny, complaining, miserable, gloomy, angsty, bad tempered, guy. Umm, George Lucas wanted a "tragic hero" for Darth Vader, but where's the hero aspect? Anakin's character was for the most part boring and annoying and totally not heroic, as compared to his son, despite his godlike handsomeness. Make Anakin a real hero. Not some whiny dude.

2. The pacing. TPM, Episode 1, had a lot of awesome plot points, yet the entire story revolved around a galactic skirmish. Why not make the Clone wars start in TPM? Or at least mention clones, get it started! Episode 1=clone wars=how it should have been. It's plot was too slow and boring.
I agree what with your second point but one cannot simply compare the clone wars cartoons to Episode 2 because I think they saw how bad the Anakin in E2 was and went a different direction for the Clone Wars. Plus the winy side revealed a lot of Anakin's inner struggles and foreshadowed many elements of his downfall for E3.
Vintage
Level 19
Subtract from Vintage's ReputationAdd to Vintage's Reputation Vintage is on the rise to fame Vintage is on the rise to fame
11-22-2012

The redlettermedia reviews of the prequels are more memorable cleverly written and enjoyable to watch than the prequels themselves.

Things can only get better from here, especially with the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 penning the script.
Eamonn
dwightdwightdwightdwight
Subtract from Eamonn's ReputationAdd to Eamonn's Reputation Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000 Eamonn IS OVER 9000
Send a message via Skype™ to Eamonn
11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
Things can only get better from here, especially with the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 penning the script.
To add onto that..

The co-writer of Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark along with the writer of X-Men: Last Stand, Sherlock Holmes, and Jumper, are writing either episode 8 or 9.

Hopefully the guy who wrote those first three movies does most of the work :P.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
11-22-2012

If Matthew Vaughn nabs director in the next three, I will be absolutely ecstatic. The dude really knows how to make a movie. I mean, look at the work he did on the last X-men movie. He saved the franchise from being a complete pile of shit.
tyleragent
Level 28
Subtract from tyleragent's ReputationAdd to tyleragent's Reputation tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom tyleragent wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
TheH4LOGam3r
uber n00b (level 2)
Subtract from TheH4LOGam3r's ReputationAdd to TheH4LOGam3r's Reputation TheH4LOGam3r is a novice
Send a message via Skype™ to TheH4LOGam3r
11-29-2012

I have only this photo, that I edited.

Vintage
Level 19
Subtract from Vintage's ReputationAdd to Vintage's Reputation Vintage is on the rise to fame Vintage is on the rise to fame
12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheH4LOGam3r View Post
I have only this photo, that I edited.

George lucas ruined the last 3...

Matthew Vaughns the top pick, I hear. It would also explain his sudden dropout from xmen.
tyleragent
Level 28
12-01-2012

I thought First Class was garbage tbh.
And don't say anything about Episode 3 that movie was awesome.
belayet12
Level 31
Subtract from belayet12's ReputationAdd to belayet12's Reputation belayet12 is a novice
12-01-2012

no micheal bay for this high budget project?
idk what my username means.

to hell with tech

Last edited by belayet12; 12-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Shunt
Mr. Harold Finch
Subtract from Shunt's ReputationAdd to Shunt's Reputation Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000 Shunt IS OVER 9000
12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyleragent View Post
I thought First Class was garbage tbh.
And don't say anything about Episode 3 that movie was awesome.
Did you like Xmen: Last Stand?