Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
11-13-2011

Absolutely it should, if that's what the people want.

In a free society people should be able to believe what they want.
zyphex
Level 25
Subtract from zyphex's ReputationAdd to zyphex's Reputation zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000 zyphex IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to zyphex
11-14-2011

I would not be in favor of banning works of fiction or nonfiction. I also would not be in favor of giving anyone the power to decide what is true and not true and thus what to ban and what to permit.

I don't know, maybe I don't understand what "keeping religion out of society" would mean. Stop the human mind from being creative? Stop humans from having access to works of fiction? Even banning works of philosophy that someone would deem to be untrue?

Oh...this thread is old. Well, whatever.
GT: Zyphex
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshwa View Post
Absolutely it should, if that's what the people want.

In a free society people should be able to believe what they want.
I believe in a religion that advocates the rape and murder of everyone.

That isn't true, but you srsly have no problems with that?
Al's sweet ass

Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
11-14-2011

not at all. let's see how many members you get
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
Subtract from Winning's ReputationAdd to Winning's Reputation Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided Winning is bustin' chills and getting paided
Send a message via MSN to Winning Send a message via Yahoo to Winning Send a message via Skype™ to Winning
11-14-2011

Quote:
not at all. let's see how many members you get
You'd be surprised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_cult
Al's sweet ass

Yeshwa
Paper Money
11-14-2011

You said rape and murder though.

Who exactly is a suicide cult harming beside themselves? How does that in any way interfere with my life?
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
11-14-2011

Sigh, you really think people who will agree to kill themselves can't be tempted into murder and rape when armies willingly do that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_of_nanking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_du...ation_of_Japan
Al's sweet ass

Last edited by Winning; 11-14-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
11-14-2011

lol

why didn't you just say what you were getting at?

But no, those single events can't dictate peoples freedom of creativity and thought.
Winning
cum on stehp it up!
11-14-2011

Quote:
lol

why didn't you just say what you were getting at?
cause salvation.

Quote:
But no, those single events can't dictate peoples freedom of creativity and thought.
I read something along the lines of this.

Quote:
Events where people kill and rape other people as a direct result of propaganda and conditioning to dehumanize those beings doesn't prove that people can be convinced to do what other people have done because they have the capacity to think.
So you really think that people can't be convinced to rape and murder people despite clear evidence of the contrary?

I know you're not very good at history so let me enlighten you on this Nazi Germany place. This guy named Hitler managed to come into power there by convincing everyone that a fascist government that advocates the genocide of some peoples the world over was the right thing to do. Sure, some people didn't buy into it, and others found it a bit extreme but bowed down to authority (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment), but there were plenty who advocated his message and advocated it violently.

Are tens of millions people enough for you Yeshwa, or do you need a burning bush?
Al's sweet ass

Last edited by Winning; 11-14-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Yeshwa
Paper Money
11-14-2011

Quote:
So you really think that people can't be convinced to rape and murder people despite clear evidence of the contrary?
Dude, where are you getting this shit? Where did I even hint at that?

and

Are you saying that all rapists and murderers are religious?

Quote:
I know you're not very good at history so let me enlighten you on this Nazi Germany place. This guy named Hitler managed to come into power there by convincing everyone that a fascist government that advocates the genocide of some peoples the world over was the right thing to do.
Honestly, there are 2 sides to the debate of the history of Nazi Germany. The most intelligent and advanced nation on Earth just all decided one day to kill Jews...for...fun? This is justified in labeling them racist although they were the only ones allied with a foreign race from the beginning of WW11.

Hitler had legit reasons for going to war but where he want wrong was he ended up targeting groups instead of singling out the right people.