Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
I bloodypingu I
Lurker At The Threshold
Subtract from I bloodypingu I's ReputationAdd to I bloodypingu I's Reputation I bloodypingu I is a novice
Send a message via AIM to I bloodypingu I
12-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
EXCUSE ME?
I think he just said Philosophy sucks.

"Music to me, might not be music to most"
-Buckethead

NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
12-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bloodypingu I View Post
I think he just said Philosophy sucks.
Godfunkingdamnit.
Busy, busy, busy
Uhh Negative
Level 36
Subtract from Uhh Negative's ReputationAdd to Uhh Negative's Reputation Uhh Negative is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Uhh Negative
12-09-2008

I think it's impossible to understand something completely by science, or even completely at all. We see everything with subjectivity and relativity and to truly find out how our world works we would have to be able to take ourselves out of our minds and somehow perceive things objectively. Of course, "perceive" and "objectively" don't exactly go well together. We will be forever stuck in a manner of subjectivity. There's no point in trying to find absolute truth because for all we know, it doesn't exist.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Philippians 4:13

I will sacrifice to achieve

No one can limit my success

My training log
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
12-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Godfunkingdamnit.
Philosophy. . . thats the study of phallic symbols right?

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
12-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedAchilles View Post
Philosophy. . . thats the study of phallic symbols right?
>:[
Busy, busy, busy
Cheehwawa
Level 14
Subtract from Cheehwawa's ReputationAdd to Cheehwawa's Reputation Cheehwawa is a novice
12-10-2008

You mean like Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars Galaxy? Lol, we have been around (modern humans) for 200,000 years, so its possible that some sort of visitor in the past brought specimens to other planets, where they evolved parallel to us. Maybe they will come back to say hey.
GAMERTAG: Cheehwawa
Add me for customs. I play all kinds, from MLG to Tremors to Infection.

Fileshare: Linkage
Check out and rate my files, please!

The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
12-10-2008

phillosophy iz for dumb ppl who think to much bro start livin n shit u cant spend so much time jus thinkin bout shit that doesnt even matter lol its jus stupid.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
12-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheehwawa View Post
You mean like Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars Galaxy? Lol, we have been around (modern humans) for 200,000 years, so its possible that some sort of visitor in the past brought specimens to other planets, where they evolved parallel to us. Maybe they will come back to say hey.
Just because you put a single celled organism from another planet on Earth does not mean that the evolutionary tree will look the same on both planets. Although, the laws of evolution do dictate that an eye on Earth will evolve the same way as it would in an alien civilization. The eye has evolved independently on several branches. Life on a planet that is similar to Earth might look eerily similar to life on Earth...then again, it might not look like anything we can yet imagine.
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
12-10-2008

I just took a huge philosophy like 10 minutes ago. I thought my ass was going to bleed.

On-topic: Marked copied what I was gonna' say.
The Big Lahey
Couple
Subtract from The Big Lahey's ReputationAdd to The Big Lahey's Reputation The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000 The Big Lahey IS OVER 9000
12-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchButtHair View Post
Just because you put a single celled organism from another planet on Earth does not mean that the evolutionary tree will look the same on both planets. Although, the laws of evolution do dictate that an eye on Earth will evolve the same way as it would in an alien civilization. The eye has evolved independently on several branches. Life on a planet that is similar to Earth might look eerily similar to life on Earth...then again, it might not look like anything we can yet imagine.
I have spent many hours of time thinking about that very thing. Mostly creatively imagining said life on another earth-like planet.