Halo 2 Forum > News & Announcements > THF News, Support & Help Forum
View Poll Results: Should Halo3Fourm add a Live Chat Room?
Yes 13 92.86%
No 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Display Modes Thread Tools
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
11-21-2007
Default Live CHat Plugin

I know literally nothing when it comes to vBullitein, but I know that ShatterStudios used to have such a plug-in, where another tab would be at the top of the page, or somewhere on the page, and would direct you to a chatroom where anyone on the forum could enter and talk.

This could help in a lot of situations.
  • Talk to a moderator about forum problems.
  • Take your off-topic conversation to this instead of "PM's" and "AIM".
  • Talk to anyone and everyone about anything and everything.

Discuss.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
Crest
Premium H3F Subscriber
Subtract from Crest's ReputationAdd to Crest's Reputation Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000 Crest IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to Crest Send a message via Skype™ to Crest
11-21-2007

if I'm aloud to spam, I'll vote yes.

But even so, this is just a faster Forum basically.

freak
#1 butt eater™
Subtract from freak's ReputationAdd to freak's Reputation freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000 freak IS OVER 9000
11-21-2007

This forum has alot of people, this would be a good idea. QsK used to have one. No one was ever there though.
low strife
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from low strife's ReputationAdd to low strife's Reputation low strife is a novice
11-21-2007

To prevent spam there really should either be a time limit on how fast you can talk, or its regs only.

I like the idea though.
↓↓Download all Montage Contest 2 Videos in one location!↓↓

↓↓Download a massive collection of Halo videos here!↓↓

iDraKo
Hakuna Matata
Subtract from iDraKo's ReputationAdd to iDraKo's Reputation iDraKo is on the rise to fame iDraKo is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to iDraKo
11-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by low strife View Post
To prevent spam there really should either be a time limit on how fast you can talk, or its regs only.

I like the idea though.
Yeah... I agree, regs is the way to go.

I voted yes.
iDraKo

Ash
No Gods, No Masters
Subtract from Ash's ReputationAdd to Ash's Reputation Ash is on the rise to fame Ash is on the rise to fame
Send a message via Skype™ to Ash
11-21-2007

The Problem with the chat when I installed it on Shatter Studios was the bandwidth it ate up, and that was with just 15 - 20 people in it. Now with as many people on here, it would kill the load time of the site.
I am in the process of coding a better chatroom app that wouldn't do that. It will be exclusive to the new and improved SS (which is going by another name.) I will not allow it to be on here, seeing as Z still owes me my money, and I do not like the way he conducts himself when it comes to business matters. So thank him for that.
CraftyVertan
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from CraftyVertan's ReputationAdd to CraftyVertan's Reputation CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000 CraftyVertan IS OVER 9000
11-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
The Problem with the chat when I installed it on Shatter Studios was the bandwidth it ate up, and that was with just 15 - 20 people in it. Now with as many people on here, it would kill the load time of the site.
I am in the process of coding a better chatroom app that wouldn't do that. It will be exclusive to the new and improved SS (which is going by another name.) I will not allow it to be on here, seeing as Z still owes me my money, and I do not like the way he conducts himself when it comes to business matters. So thank him for that.
Damnit.

I think we should still try it out to see how well it runs.

And yes, rules would have to be made, along with options like PPM or something.

"im pretty sure when i said, was because its the same word. not a different word. then the meaning's of the word... but okay"
riot
Level 41
Subtract from riot's ReputationAdd to riot's Reputation riot is a novice
11-21-2007

Is this based off my thread? lol

Either way, you have my vote.
Im BigTigga H0
Poe Wrote On Both...
Subtract from Im BigTigga H0's ReputationAdd to Im BigTigga H0's Reputation Im BigTigga H0 is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Im BigTigga H0
11-21-2007

Quote:
This could help in a lot of situations.

* Talk to a moderator about forum problems.
* Take your off-topic conversation to this instead of "PM's" and "AIM".
* Talk to anyone and everyone about anything and everything.
I do all of those and they work fine on AIM and i like to see how many PMs i can collect. I think Ash is correct and yet i agree with Low Strife. It would take up WAAYYYYYY TOO MUCH bandwidth. And having it in JUST the regs would be a cool feature to bring people here, but it might generate spam for people wanting to get all those 1500 posts. Idk, i always felt that when it came to Regular Exclusive shit. Even when i tested the H3FR Gallery i felt that, but i didn't mind. It's Z's site and he should decide. I don't know what the deal with Ash and Z is, but i would like to know why would Ash be able to decide or not? Was it THAT MUCH cash that would make him 'owner' of H3F?(Just wondering. No bias.)

Well either way a Live Chat would just be another one of the quite a few ways we message here on H3F.
GT :: Private Tigga
AIM :: BigTiggaPwnz