Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
How do you explain the vast genetic diversity if everyone came from two people who had essentially identical DNA?
my answer remains the same... the tower of 1337n3$$

and these theories.

davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea nd crumpets View Post
Agreed, not evolution. But adaption is the correct word here. Every race has been adapted from Adam and Eve. Just like the Grizzly Bears adapted to the harsh cold climate and became a whiter coat thus making the Polar Bear because being brown they couldn't find food since they stuck out like Rosie O'Donald at a Slimfast convention.

Adapting to be the survival of the fittest is what G.d gave us the ability to do.
My post was totally sarcastic.
There's no "adaptation" possible when you start from two individuals who have identical DNA. Six thousand years and two individuals with identical DNA allow neither the time nor the genetic diversity for the variations present.
What you described is evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
my answer remains the same... the tower of 1337n3$$

and these theories.

The tower of Babel has nothing to do with races. Hovind's explanation that racial traits arose from inbreeding is ludicrous, and he defeats his own argument immediately after by describing the various problems that arise with inbreeding populations.
And I'm sorry, but Kent Hovind is not a valid source of scientific information. He's a known fraud and is not a scientist.
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 08-22-2007 at 05:50 PM.
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
08-22-2007

Quote:
The tower of Babel has nothing to do with races. And I'm sorry, but Kent Hovind is not a valid source of scientific information. He's a known fraud and is not a scientist.
scientifically, the tower of bable cannot be proven, but what he does do is give examples from the Bible and demonstrates them with examples of today. btw, he is not a fraud. he does admit he doesnt have an PhD from an accredited university, what he says is "i do have a phd, stands for post hole digger." he also makes it quite clear in all of his videos why he didnt pay his taxes.
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
08-22-2007

Quote:
scientifically, the tower of bable cannot be proven, but what he does do is give examples from the Bible and demonstrates them with examples of today. btw, he is not a fraud. he does admit he doesnt have an PhD from an accredited university, what he says is "i do have a phd, stands for post hole digger." he also makes it quite clear in all of his videos why he didnt pay his taxes.
Well, your support for this "post hole digger" is digging you deeper into "the pit of zero credibility."
Hovind's explanation that racial traits arose from inbreeding is ludicrous, and he defeats his own argument by describing the various problems that arise with inbreeding populations. Were you not watching the same video I was? Did that not stand out to you?
Spoiler!

Last edited by davobrosia; 08-22-2007 at 06:17 PM.
QuadPrism
Level 28
08-22-2007

Quote:
Well, your support for this "post hole digger" is digging you deeper into "the pit of zero credibility."
Hovind's explanation that racial traits arose from inbreeding is ludicrous, and he defeats his own argument by describing the various problems that arise with inbreeding populations. Were you not watching the same video I was? Did that not stand out to you?
well credibility as in degree wise i dont think is a good argument because no one here has a degree in anything and we are still arguing over stuff. he also answered the inbreeding part in another video and i dont feel like finding it and even if i did itl be two hours long and id have to go through it to find it.
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
08-22-2007

Quote:
well credibility as in degree wise i dont think is a good argument because no one here has a degree in anything and we are still arguing over stuff. he also answered the inbreeding part in another video and i dont feel like finding it and even if i did itl be two hours long and id have to go through it to find it.
Not true. MarkedAchilles and other members DO have degrees.

We also have current college education, whereas Kurt hasn't been to college classes in a while considering his age.

If you'd like to hear people with degrees refute Kurt Hovind's arguments, search for the thread on him. Plenty of evidence destroying every claim he's made.
Busy, busy, busy
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
08-22-2007

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of "he has been proven to spout nonsense, and you aren't helping your case by citing him."
Spoiler!
Bali
swaG
Subtract from Bali's ReputationAdd to Bali's Reputation Bali is a novice
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Sounds like that appeal to tradition fallacy.

I'm really growing weary of all of the Christian attack threads.
you do have a red name...you can enforce some rules ya know. _
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolLeR View Post
you do have a red name...you can enforce some rules ya know. _
It's not against the rules, par say, to make a thread like this. The last bible thread was 4 weeks ago, and it has zero replies. It could've been posted somewhere else, but the thread maker wanted to bring extra attention to the topic at hand and specifically his questions.

I'm enforcing the rules fine, thank you.
Busy, busy, busy
QuadPrism
Level 28
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy View Post
Not true. MarkedAchilles and other members DO have degrees.

We also have current college education, whereas Kurt hasn't been to college classes in a while considering his age.

If you'd like to hear people with degrees refute Kurt Hovind's arguments, search for the thread on him. Plenty of evidence destroying every claim he's made.
ok let me restate. person A can get a degree in say biology. since biology covers a great amount of evolution study he feels he is qualified to talk about the subject. now person B says "well i have my degree in creation, ive studied it for years and i want to debate you." person B of course says "no way that is not a real degree you obviously dont know what you are talking about." person B goes to get a degree in biology but in order to do that he has to change his beliefs and thus cant win. so like i said before bringing up a degree is pointless. anyway if you are referring to the thread i made, i went back and watched a few videos davobrosia posted and they are a complete joke. the ones made by extant dodo never really disproved anything he said nor did he supply scientific evidence to support his theory. there was one contradiction, but hovind is a person and people sometimes make mistakes. the other was an audio of a person on the phone with Hovind claiming that Haekel's discovery of embryos was correct even though Haekel admitted to have lied about it. then the audio cuts off before Hovind can respond.