Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
muRda
Godzilla vs. MLK
Subtract from muRda's ReputationAdd to muRda's Reputation muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000 muRda IS OVER 9000
08-22-2007

Jesus wasn't even white.

The creation accounts are didactic fiction, which means they were written to be more symbolic/teach lessons as opposed to be taken as factual.
Tippin v2
Level 39
Subtract from Tippin v2's ReputationAdd to Tippin v2's Reputation Tippin v2 is a novice
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
< So, all religious texts are right simply because they're old?
I think he was being sarcastic
AshTre
Twitch.tv/ReifiedAsh
Subtract from AshTre's ReputationAdd to AshTre's Reputation AshTre is a novice
Send a message via AIM to AshTre
08-22-2007

isn't there a story in the bible that explains this? i think it was like they tried to reach the heavens to get closer to god LITERALLY and god didnt like the plan so he made everyone have different languages. (?)

"Our thoughts, values, every ‘yes,’ ‘no,’ ‘if’ and ‘but’ grow from us with the same inevitability as fruits borne on the tree — all related and each with an affinity to each"

"
Digressions, objections, delight in mockery, carefree mistrust are signs of health; everything unconditional belongs in pathology."
`NthErik.
Amokläufer
Subtract from `NthErik.'s ReputationAdd to `NthErik.'s Reputation `NthErik. is a novice
Send a message via AIM to `NthErik.
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashTREv2 & SCL View Post
isn't there a story in the bible that explains this? i think it was like they tried to reach the heavens to get closer to god LITERALLY and god didnt like the plan so he made everyone have different languages. (?)
The Tower of Babel has nothing to do with races. ¬_¬

Flamebreak
Level 22
Subtract from Flamebreak's ReputationAdd to Flamebreak's Reputation Flamebreak is a novice
Send a message via MSN to Flamebreak
08-22-2007

do i believe in god? No. I think that stuff isn't even close to being real. But for most people it gives them something to believe in and keeps them going =/ So if it keeps people alive, then meh! lol
GT = RedMorning

I need another Str8 sig! Hook me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMet4L View Post
bungie made halo 3 to be halo 3 don't change it
The reason why Bungie put in forge, to have people not make any changes...
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heikki View Post
These are just my thoughts, idk if they have been posted here before or not but I was thinking about them the other day so yeah..

If in the beginning god created 2 people, adam and eve, I am presuming they would both be one ethnic background, white, black, asain, idk, but they would be one..

Then why is it that we have many different kind of ethnic backgrounds, more than 2, moving to a different place, ie Africa, wont turn a white man black, or like how there are many different types of blacks (Tutsi/Hutu's) for an example, but same thing with Asains, (Chinese/Japanese), and why was it that we were on North America when the garden of eden was in the middle east (I think, a that was where most of the bible was set at)..

Anyways I was just thinking about that, I didn't mean to make any of that sound racist, and I think I didn't but if I did then oops. I just needed to post my thoughts about that.
the tower of Bable, and people wander
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
the tower of Bable, and people wander
How do you explain the vast genetic diversity if everyone came from two people who had essentially identical DNA?
Spoiler!
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
< So, all religious texts are right simply because they're old?
Sounds like that appeal to tradition fallacy.

I'm really growing weary of all of the Christian attack threads.
Busy, busy, busy
tea nd crumpets
Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass
Subtract from tea nd crumpets's ReputationAdd to tea nd crumpets's Reputation tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000 tea nd crumpets IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to tea nd crumpets
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
Because we started deviating from god's plan at the fall, and thus imperfections and mutations happened (but don't call it evolution!). Fast forward to six thousand years later, and voila - here we are...all six billion of us.

Agreed, not evolution. But adaption is the correct word here. Every race has been adapted from Adam and Eve. Just like the Grizzly Bears adapted to the harsh cold climate and became a whiter coat thus making the Polar Bear because being brown they couldn't find food since they stuck out like Rosie O'Donald at a Slimfast convention.

Adapting to be the survival of the fittest is what G.d gave us the ability to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnt Kim
Which guy are you going to be? The one who walks out the bar, doesn’t think he can do it, and takes it back into the rack? Or the guy who walks out the bar, doesn’t think he can do it, but descends anyway while his friends stand twenty feet away because he told them, 'If it staples me, don’t come spot me, I want it to kill me' ?
NG
poo-tee-weet?
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
08-22-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea nd crumpets View Post
Agreed, not evolution. But adaption is the correct word here. Every race has been adapted from Adam and Eve. Just like the Grizzly Bears adapted to the harsh cold climate and became a whiter coat thus making the Polar Bear because being brown they couldn't find food since they stuck out like Rosie O'Donald at a Slimfast convention.

Adapting to be the survival of the fittest is what G.d gave us the ability to do.
Please elaborate/explain how our "adaptation" included the development of different ethnicities, then explain -- please -- how it was necessary for survival to do so.
Busy, busy, busy