Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate

Display Modes Thread Tools
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadPrism View Post
he has debated so many scientists, and has won every single debate. he is no joke.. its obvious that the evolutionists dont kno what they are talking about.
"Winning" a debate entails more than winning over the audience that's stacked in your favor. Most scientists refuse to debate him because that would legitimize and dignify his pseudo-science.
Spoiler!
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
06-30-2007

I hate to say this but QudPrism dude he is a terrible source for this stuff, he is a joke to even the religious comunity, dont listen to him.

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
06-30-2007

Quote:
he has debated so many scientists, and has won every single debate. he is no joke.. its obvious that the evolutionists dont kno what they are talking about.
Would you care to say which scientists he's debated? I can find nowhere any mention of him debating Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, or the like. He doesn't, and you don't either, substantiate that claim. I seriously doubt he could beat some people on this forum in a debate. I can counter every arguement he makes!
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
06-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by []D[][]V[][]D View Post
I hate to say this but QudPrism dude he is a terrible source for this stuff, he is a joke to even the religious comunity, dont listen to him.
how is not believing in something that still doesnt have real proof and is not scientific being a joke to the religious community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchbutthair
Would you care to say which scientists he's debated? I can find nowhere any mention of him debating Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, or the like. He doesn't, and you don't either, substantiate that claim. I seriously doubt he could beat some people on this forum in a debate. I can counter every arguement he makes!

what can u counter about his arguments?
davobrosia
Ask Z for $50
Subtract from davobrosia's ReputationAdd to davobrosia's Reputation davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000 davobrosia IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to davobrosia
06-30-2007

His debate techniques rely on rhetorics and charisma over logic and actual science.
Do some reading, and then end yourself if you still don't "believe" in evolution (which is funny, because it isn't something that's a matter of faith. you don't have people who don't "believe" in gravity).
http://talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://talkorigins.org/indexcc/
Spoiler!
[]D[][]V[][]D
Level 28
Subtract from []D[][]V[][]D's ReputationAdd to []D[][]V[][]D's Reputation []D[][]V[][]D is a novice
06-30-2007

Quote:
how is not believing in something that still doesnt have real proof and is not scientific being a joke to the religious community?

I said kent hovind is a joke to the religious comunity not evolution. Reading comprehension FTW?

QuadPrism
Level 28
Subtract from QuadPrism's ReputationAdd to QuadPrism's Reputation QuadPrism is a novice
Send a message via AIM to QuadPrism
06-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by davobrosia View Post
His debate techniques rely on rhetorics and charisma over logic and actual science.
Do some reading, and then end yourself if you still don't "believe" in evolution (which is funny, because it isn't something that's a matter of faith. you don't have people who don't "believe" in gravity).
http://talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://talkorigins.org/indexcc/
thats a lot of reading but i'll go thru it and try to find to find answers then i'll reply again

Quote:
Originally Posted by [
D[][]V[][]D]
I said kent hovind is a joke to the religious comunity not evolution. Reading comprehension FTW?
o, sorry but ur post can go both ways.

Last edited by QuadPrism; 06-30-2007 at 03:16 PM.
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
06-30-2007

Quote:
I should have specified - if he didn't lie about the science he was citing, I'd be able to counter his arguements. You can't win a debate with him because he's literally lying about the science (redundant, but it needed to be said). If you read the link I posted in my earlier thread, you'd see that an average joe already debunked everything his old website claimed, and he did it with accepted science.
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
06-30-2007

I watched the last video you posted, and Hovind can't even logically understand how higher elements were formed, "elements came from stars, and stars came from the elements. We have a chicken and egg situation". I bet he felt like an idiot when he finally figured out how stupid his statement was.

In case you can't figure it out, I'll help ya: Hydrogen, via the Big Bang, collected in groups (via mutual gravitational attraction). Those groups got larger and larger (as you'd assume). Once the density was high enough, they fused to form the higher elements. Once the star died, those higher elements were spewed out and the process started over again. It's a pretty simple concept, and it's awesome to see he didn't understand it. It's yet another step in discrediting him.

By the way, since he got his PhD from a school that isn't accredited, he can't actually be considered credible. Just thought I'd let you in on that.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
. . .
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
06-30-2007

There is a reason why I will not touch this thread, you guys cann figure that reason out.

It will be much more interesting figuring that one out than talking about this dude.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621