Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > General Gaming

Display Modes Thread Tools
ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to ThaggleS Send a message via Skype™ to ThaggleS
05-02-2011
Default League of Legends

I've convinced an old Halo buddy of mine to try out League of Legends. I offered to teach him how to play since the game is a bit overwhelming at first as there are so many different elements to the game. Later today I will be creating a new account and leveling with him and helping him learn how to play, so this is where you come in.

League is free to play, so there is nothing lost from just trying it (other than time spent). If you're interested in trying it out, go ahead and make an account and download the game here. After you make your account and download the client, post your summoner name (which you create after logging into the client) here and I will add you when I get home later today.

Click here to automatically connect to my Ventrilo server.

LoLReplay is a free program that records your games as you play them. It doesn't make you lag at all and plays the files back in the client itself! Best of all, the files are just a few megabytes large so they are quick and easy to share with others!

ThaggleS:
ThaggleS
Xilixion
RIP:
Instant Graves
1800 ELO
Crafty:
crfty
bobbypg
own-dizzle:
Dizzeler
Mephza:
H2FMephza
H3FMephza
Scott:
Scotteh (EU)
Scottehh (US)
Joey Victory:
Joey Victory
PackieIX:
PackieIX
Nugwin:
L nugwin L
subzero123:
dankberrys
Electron:
PeachSlam (US)
PeachFuck (EU)
asiandrumr:
ObviouslyGreen
Wananay:
Wannnnnnnnnnnnny
Publik Uprising
xInfiniteJustice
MuFf1n
NickV (EU West)
NíckV (US) (alt gr + i to get í)
Abek
Abek3
Fatality Films
FightFate
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyVertan View Post
Of course. ELO means nothing, and the more weight you put into your record and ELO in solo queue, the worse you are going to play/feel.

Last edited by NickV; 09-15-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Kersey
Black Attack!
Subtract from Kersey's ReputationAdd to Kersey's Reputation Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Kersey
05-02-2011

The game blows.

Play HoN.

nV. Blunt : you play with kersey who is the most known cheater lol

ThaggleS
The one and only!
Subtract from ThaggleS's ReputationAdd to ThaggleS's Reputation ThaggleS is on the rise to fame ThaggleS is on the rise to fame
05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by II KeRsEy II View Post
The game blows.

Play HoN.
Tried HoN, not a fan. They both have the same goal and are virtually the same game, but presented much differently. HoN doesn't really appeal to me as much as League does. Although, HoN's announcer is badass.
Phish.
Level 13
Subtract from Phish.'s ReputationAdd to Phish.'s Reputation Phish. is a novice
05-02-2011

I truly cannot take LoL seriously as a competitive game. It just seems so cartoony and childish. Ive been a DoTA player for the longest time and I play HoN now and am waiting for DoTA 2 to hopefully squish them both.
Smuttny
The People's Champion
Subtract from Smuttny's ReputationAdd to Smuttny's Reputation Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000 Smuttny IS OVER 9000
05-02-2011

Why does a HoN account cost 30 bucks? Balls.

I just wanna try these fucking games, and I can't play LoL on a Mac, and HoN is trying to rape my wallet. -___-
Yeshwa
Paper Money
Subtract from Yeshwa's ReputationAdd to Yeshwa's Reputation Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom Yeshwa wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
05-02-2011

if either of these games is like starcraft or WC2 ill try it out
Pyro
Internet Vigilante
Subtract from Pyro's ReputationAdd to Pyro's Reputation Pyro is on the rise to fame Pyro is on the rise to fame
Send a message via AIM to Pyro
05-02-2011

I don't even know why people try to compete with WoW. Either they blatantly copy it or try to make it different and it's just shit. I'm not a WoW fanboy but it's the perfect MMO. That's just my opinion.

"I am tired of Earth. These people. I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."
Kersey
Black Attack!
Subtract from Kersey's ReputationAdd to Kersey's Reputation Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield Kersey finally popped his Bubble Shield
Send a message via AIM to Kersey
05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrIGInalPyRO View Post
I don't even know why people try to compete with WoW. Either they blatantly copy it or try to make it different and it's just sh.t. I'm not a WoW fanboy but it's the perfect MMO. That's just my opinion.
These aren't MMO's they're MOBA's lol.

nV. Blunt : you play with kersey who is the most known cheater lol

RIP
༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Subtract from RIP's ReputationAdd to RIP's Reputation RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000 RIP IS OVER 9000
Send a message via AIM to RIP
05-02-2011

and WoWs Arena has been broken since it came out...
༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノノEven his dongers call him teacher ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༽ノ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ༼༼ຈل ͜ຈ༽ノ

Thoros and Beric resurrect Cat Stark.

Jon Snow dies.
ThaggleS
The one and only!
05-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuttny View Post
Why does a HoN account cost 30 bucks? Balls.

I just wanna try these f..king games, and I can't play LoL on a Mac, and HoN is trying to rape my wallet. -___-
League can be played on a Mac. There is a Mac client that you can download on their forums, but it is still in BETA, or you can use either parallels or bootcamp, with the latter being the better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrIGInalPyRO View Post
I don't even know why people try to compete with WoW. Either they blatantly copy it or try to make it different and it's just sh.t. I'm not a WoW fanboy but it's the perfect MMO. That's just my opinion.
It's not an MMO like Runes of Magic, World of Warcraft, or Runescape, it's a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). Or, what Kersey said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by II KeRsEy II View Post
These aren't MMO's they're MOBA's lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
if either of these games is like starcraft or WC2 ill try it out
Ehhhhh... if by WC2 you mean Warcraft 2, LoL is a remake of DotA, a mod of WC3, so yes, it is similar to a popular mod of WC3.