Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum > Religion Debate
 
 
Display Modes Thread Tools
Brother Kania
Level 29
Brother Kania's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, Massachusets
Posts: 1,617
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
#51
10-22-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
I'll pray for your soul.

May God have mercy on it, but from what I've read, he won't. Good Luck :P
What happened to being all merciful? I guess that was just another thing that you're allowed to ignore when you want...*Nvm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
At least Scientologists believe in something. You're just a p.ssy without a belief system.

I mean since you don't believe in religion, how do you think we got here...magic? LOLOLOL
Magic = Religious beliefs most of the time...*Nvm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Cranje View Post
I totally didn't put my hands together.

I see my thoughts mean nothing here, o well...
Although your intentions are good, I don't think that trying to talk to a likely fictitious superbeing telepathically is going to help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
To set the record straight in this thread, I'm not religious.

I was just messing around with you, bad dream.
Just read this, never mind the other replies then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
It's a complete fallacy to say that all religion wants is money.
Religion doesn't want money, religious bodies/entities want money. Examples such as requiring tithes be payed to circumvent sins and time in purgatory the best example I can think of off the top of my head.

In the modern era though, as you probably know well, collected money is spent on centers of worship and charity. There have been cases of money laundering within religious organizations, although not the norm.

Quote:
Also, your ignorance and naiveness are displayed greatly when you say "all relgions pretty much say that the other religions go to hell".
The way he expressed it didn't help his argument much, but I think you understand what he's trying to say.


My only comment on the thread it is a f.cking disgrace to any idea of an argument against organized religion.
f.ck H2F.



You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08






Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#52
10-22-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Kania View Post
Religion doesn't want money, religious bodies/entities want money. Examples such as requiring tithes be payed to circumvent sins and time in purgatory the best example I can think of off the top of my head.

In the modern era though, as you probably know well, collected money is spent on centers of worship and charity. There have been cases of money laundering within religious organizations, although not the norm.
Christian churches -and every other religious gathering center I've ever heard of- do not force, steal, or take any money from it's members. Therefore it's a complete fallacy to say what he said in his original post. Whether or not he's talking about religion itself, or the religious body is irrelevant.

No doubt some churches have done wrong with the money donated/tithed to them. So has every other government funded, non profit organization, institution, educational system, and so on. You can say that about anything.

The only reason people focus on the church handling money poorly is because it gives people another reason to "point the finger" at church. Because how can a church do that? They're supposed to be "good people". It's completely ridiculous.
Brother Kania
Level 29
Brother Kania's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, Massachusets
Posts: 1,617
Subtract from Brother Kania's ReputationAdd to Brother Kania's Reputation Brother Kania is a novice
#53
10-22-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sC DeLAy View Post
Christian churches -and every other religious gathering center I've ever heard of- do not force, steal, or take any money from it's members. Therefore it's a complete fallacy to say what he said in his original post. Whether or not he's talking about religion itself, or the religious body is irrelevant.
Yeah, and I said that he didn't post very well. Don't put his words in my mouth. My post =/= his.

Quote:
No doubt some churches have done wrong with the money donated/tithed to them. So has every other government funded, non profit organization, institution, educational system, and so on. You can say that about anything.
I never said that churches were the only entity that have stolen money donated for the purpose of charity work or anything like it.

Quote:
The only reason people focus on the church handling money poorly is because it gives people another reason to "point the finger" at church. Because how can a church do that? They're supposed to be "good people". It's completely ridiculous.
Exactly...it's called hypocrisy. Religious organizations/affiliates are held to higher standards though because they are supposed to be living at a higher moral standard. It's not ridiculous at all...
f.ck H2F.



You won't like me when I get my BR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-One View Post
Or well, ifyou want to take it to the next level you take vinegar, and you have to inject it into your piss hole...
Phillies '08






Delay
Level 44
Delay's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 10,693
Subtract from Delay's ReputationAdd to Delay's Reputation Delay is legendary Delay is legendary Delay is legendary
#54
10-22-2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
"Fallacy" doesn't mean what you think it means.
*Sigh*...

My definition of fallacy is a false notion.

Thanks for clearing that up Kania, lol.

:)
NG
poo-tee-weet?
NG's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 30,044
Subtract from NG's ReputationAdd to NG's Reputation NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom NG wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
Send a message via AIM to NG
#55
10-22-2008
Default

wow i really wish i had just closed the thread after reading the first page, instead of reading the whole thing.
Busy, busy, busy
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off