Halo 2 Forum > Off-topic > Debate Forum

Display Modes Thread Tools
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Egg View Post
Marked, which do you think is more likely to be true: the out of africa theory or the multiregional theory?
Genetically we are all decendants of a woman from Africa.

The multiregional theory has been swept asside by the africa one because of the genetic information we have now been able to get from the fossils we find in the Rift Valley and other places there.

The multiregional theory mainly is in place for the different homonids that have arrisen. Our species of humans have arisen only once and that was in Africa where they migrated out. This is in the fossil evidence, morphological and most recently genetically shown to be true.

The latest genetic evidence just pretty much put the nail in the coffin for the multiregional theory. That one is pretty dated anyways.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

Think You Watch Movies? http://www.halo3forum.com/showthread.php?t=81621
MarkedAchilles
Subtract from MarkedAchilles's ReputationAdd to MarkedAchilles's Reputation MarkedAchilles is a novice
02-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankette View Post
it seems scientists know nothing for sure...evolution is 100% proven neither is the big bang (even though its a religious theory not scientific theory)

thank god for GOD LOL atleast he knows whats up
Well, this post should be deleted as spam and not contributing at all to the topics on hand, but I will leave is as it is sooooo gramatically entertaining.

-i got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section

TooMuchButtHair
Satisfying women
Subtract from TooMuchButtHair's ReputationAdd to TooMuchButtHair's Reputation TooMuchButtHair is a novice
Send a message via AIM to TooMuchButtHair
02-11-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankette View Post
it seems scientists know nothing for sure...evolution is 100% proven neither is the big bang (even though its a religious theory not scientific theory)

thank god for GOD LOL atleast he knows whats up
It's ignorant people like you who propagate the idea that evolution isn't proven. Evolution has been observed, AND THUS PROVEN!
The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion.
-Thomas Paine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
. . .
Chimpanzee (our closest living relative) is a well known homosexual animal.. . .
Steve Da Egg
Tech Support Section
Subtract from Steve Da Egg's ReputationAdd to Steve Da Egg's Reputation Steve Da Egg is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Steve Da Egg
02-11-2007

Do we have her mitochondrial DNA? I think her name is Eve (IMO error for scientists to use a biblical name). Also, I remember something about humans maybe being homo sapien sapiens. I think it has to do with our relationship neanderthals. But, I can't quite remember where that comes into play.
MarkedAchilles
02-12-2007

Quote:
Do we have her mitochondrial DNA? I think her name is Eve (IMO error for scientists to use a biblical name). Also, I remember something about humans maybe being homo sapien sapiens. I think it has to do with our relationship neanderthals. But, I can't quite remember where that comes into play.
Yes, mitochondrias have their own DNA. It is totally seperate from our nuclear DNA. It is circular and encodes for most of the materials needed for mitochondrias to run them selves. They were a result of endosymbiosis of multiple bacteria about 4.5 bya. Same thing for chloroplasts too.

General AI
Eats Small Children
Subtract from General AI's ReputationAdd to General AI's Reputation General AI is a novice
02-12-2007

Now, lets see if my veiw on human evolution is credible, but from some things I've read, humans, are the decendants of Neanderthals who breeded with Cro Magnons. And humans are more like a domesticated version of Neanderthals do to the fact that Neanderthals were bigger, stronger, and their brain was 1/5 larger then a human brain.

Have I got it so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuff
...you're a terrorist sympathizer. I'd rather be an idiot if that's the choice. At least I'd be a person, though stupid, who is at least on the right side of morality. God doesn't care if you're stupid or not, he does care if you are evil or not.
Deadly Buni
Ezekiel 23:19-21
Subtract from Deadly Buni's ReputationAdd to Deadly Buni's Reputation Deadly Buni is a novice
02-12-2007

Neanderthals did have bigger brains, but were not as smart as Homo Sapiens, thats the reason we exist and they don't. We could communicate. And Neanderthals might have had sex with chimps. I've also read, dwarfism might be to the breeding of Homo Sapiens with Neanderthals.

Socom
Level 38
Subtract from Socom's ReputationAdd to Socom's Reputation Socom is a novice
Send a message via AIM to Socom
02-12-2007

I remember back in 9th grade when we were learning about evolution that their was another form of human i forgot the name tho. Correct me if im wrong.
MarkedAchilles
02-12-2007

http://www.mnh.si.edu/anthro/humanor...ha/a_tree.html

Here is a phylogenic tree of human evolution as recent as I could find.

No neanderthal was having sex with monkeys for reproductive means is all I can surely tell you and I HIGHLY doubt that anyone was having sex with them for pleasure as they could kill you. They are carnivores and very dangerous.

As for neanderthals, you can see that they are like cousins to us like I said, not a previous ancestor, we had a common ancestor that is it.

The rest of your guys questions and comments may be answered/corrected from looking at the pretty picture I have linked here for ya

MarkedAchilles
02-12-2007

Quote:
Yes, Homo-homo-sapiens is our name. And just for fun, here is a look at an example of what some of the mitochondrial phylogenetic studies being done on human remains out of Africa look like.